So I tried for the first time to replace the contacts on the charger to see how the other foreign ones fit and the plastic tab instantly shattered on me with minimal pressure at best.

Will verizon cover this or do I need to buy a new charger?
    01-28-10 08:38 AM
    I would think it should be covered under the 1yr mfg warranty along with the phone. The worst thing is they will tell you no, and your no worse off than what you were, which is expecting to have to buy a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 08:42 AM
    yeah, call customer service. I would say that they will replace it.
    01-28-10 08:49 AM
    It has a 1 yr warranty
    01-28-10 09:48 AM
    ok, its being replaced. 611 rep was kind of tough saying that I broke it an it was considered damage. I got a little upset because the clip literally just fell out and the hooks snapped when I pressed it in once to remove the outlet prongs. So I strongly disagreed. However, she transfered me to tech support and a polite older gentleman said it would be no problem at all and to just send back the old one when the new one arrives.

Its amazing how one person can be so diferent from another.
    01-28-10 11:04 PM
    Hey what if my dog chewed the cable !! Lol ....for reals tho ?

01-29-10 12:27 AM
    AHH GOOD QUESTION. I'm going to the VZW store tomorrow to get mines replaced. It stopped working for god who knows, but I did buy another one online. I forgot about the warranty
    01-29-10 01:44 AM
    If they tell you no, just go to Best Buy buy one off the shelf switch them and return it with your receipt the next day and tell them its defective and you want your money back. They will just send it back to RIM for a credit anyway Problem solved.
    01-29-10 04:20 AM
    :-) sounds like a plan thanks

01-29-10 01:15 PM
    I just purchased a back up charger just incase something happened like this. Got it on eBay. Blackberry OEM for 2.95 free shipping. Can't beat that!

01-29-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD