Will silicon skins eventually damage the finish of the 8900? I have one on mine.

I've had an iPod Touch for a year now and it's covered in a silicon skin. Grit, dust and whatever else gets underneath the skin and has scratched and marred the chrome finish. Some of the damage isn't from just scratches, it looks like the silicon has just rubbed on the case and rubbed the finish off. I wonder what my Touch would look like if I hadn't put the skin on it.

I'm not sure the skin is protecting my 8900 or doing more harm to it.
    06-03-09 05:21 PM
    Not if you wipe it down every few days to get all the dust off it.
    06-03-09 05:28 PM
    I'm sure time will tell... but at this point I remove mine about once a week to do a battery pull... so I inspect it every time and clean it out... so far my device looks great... I'm sure mine will last at least the two years I have it before I buy a new Blackberry.
    06-03-09 05:30 PM
    Just curious, fatboy, why do you do a weekly battery pull?
    06-03-09 05:34 PM
    it helps blackberrys.. like if your phone starts going slow a battery pull will free some memory up! turns off some hidden apps that you dont know are running as well!
    06-03-09 05:39 PM
    I think it's just good practice... it clears out your memory, and reloads the OS.... every couple days in between I do a soft restart (Alt + Right Shift + Del), that helps, but it's not as good as a battery pull... I'd say I go no more than two weeks between a battery pull.
    06-03-09 05:40 PM
    I had a skin on my 8320 for a year without any problems.
    06-03-09 06:07 PM
    Skins only help they protect your phone in case you drop it and also keep your phone in good condition so if you ever decide to sell it later on you can get a better price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 02:04 AM
    Its just a shiity (yet anotherz) from applr. Won't have a problem with your bb

06-05-09 04:04 AM
    Use a BSE with a silicon case. Golden.

06-05-09 06:54 AM
    Skins only help they protect your phone in case you drop it and also keep your phone in good condition so if you ever decide to sell it later on you can get a better price.

I think it also makes it much easier to keep a good grip on your device... some times those little buggers can get a little slippery.
    06-05-09 07:48 AM
    I've never had any problem with mine however it feels buky..

06-05-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD