Is there a manufacturer that makes the rubber/silicone style covers that don't attract so much lint? lol I've had them in the past and they always seem to get dusty/linty very fast :/

Or maybe you might have some secrets you need to share on how you keep yours lint-free. Do tell!

Thanks!
    11-16-08 02:36 AM
    At this late hour all - can add is; "you sure got that right, lint city". I noticed that too and thought "what up?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 03:15 AM
    I think they tend to attract less lint as they age. My silicon shell for my mp3 player is not as linty as it was when new a few years back. That's not to say it is lint-free, just quite a bit better.
    11-16-08 09:29 AM
    It has to do with the injection or extruding method used to make them and how much static is created with that process.
    11-16-08 01:58 PM
    It has to do with the injection or extruding method used to make them and how much static is created with that process.
    doesn't have anything to do with it, any silicone substance no matter how it's made does the same thing.
    11-16-08 03:38 PM
    I really like the functionality of them, but I can't stand them being all fuzzy. Especially if I'm wearing a hoodie and put the phone in my front pocket.

What about the harder (snap-on) rubberized cases? Are those decent? I really don't like snap-on cases, though. :/
    11-16-08 04:45 PM
    they all seem to do it... I'd imagine the grey skins would show up less dirt/lint, but I haven't found any of those.
    11-16-08 07:28 PM
    they all seem to do it... I'd imagine the grey skins would show up less dirt/lint, but I haven't found any of those.
    Ohhhh, good idea! I found a BUNCH of grey ones on Amazon.com! Might want to check that out! And they were decently priced.
    11-16-08 10:20 PM
    Ohhhh, good idea! I found a BUNCH of grey ones on Amazon.com! Might want to check that out! And they were decently priced.
    thanks, I didn't even think about looking there, which is amazing cause I've been shopping there for xmas stuff... lol
    11-17-08 06:22 PM
    I know what you mean, man. I can't stand rubber cases for this reason!
    11-20-08 03:31 PM
    Yea, lint, and the fact they are pain in the **** to get out of tighter pant pockets... It is like a lost cause.
    11-25-08 08:27 AM
    I couldn't stand the rubber slip on cover because of the lint. I took it back to the t-mobile store and exchanged it for a clear plastic cover and I've been happy with that ever since.

The clear plastic shell comes with a holster too but I just don't use it.
    11-25-08 12:10 PM
    That's why I don't use those types of covers, also not to mention they don't slide well in my pocket. I also dropped 1 of my ipods like 2 years ago from about 4 feet high on accident and the cover didn't absorb any of the shock and it broke, I then had the same thing happen to me at work with a plastic cover for my ipod and it completely protected it 100% from the fall. I stick with hard plastic because it's the best haha.
    11-25-08 02:09 PM
    I'll tell you , seidio makes hard cases that are rubberized on the outside, and they don't collect any lint/dust at all. I got one of their hybrid cases (clear plastic on top, rubberized on bottom) and it's awesome. don't ever have to wipe the rubber part off or worry about my pants getting lint all over it. they also have full-body rubberized hard cases, you should check them out if it's a real problem. there's tons of threads on the seidio brand, and everyone seems to be really happy with them.
    11-27-08 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD