I have a BOLD 9700 and I'm trying to find a way to give my holster mode ring tones
    . Please Help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 07:37 PM
    You are not giving us much information on what the issue is, so let's start with the basics:

Blackberry 101 lesson: Creating and Editing Profiles and Notifications
    06-22-10 06:55 AM
    Sorry new to forums and the blackberry. My BB has the option to vibrate when i remove it from its holster. I am trying to find a way or app that can make it use its own ring tone when removing it or placing it in the holster.
    06-22-10 09:59 AM
    You have the option of your device vibrating or using a specified ring tone while in the holster and vibrate or using another ring tone while out of the holster.

Are you wanting it to ring when removing or replacing your device in the holster like a confirmation of placing it in the holster or removing it? ? ?
    06-22-10 10:37 AM
    Yes! To be exact i want to apply a ring tone to the motion of removing the BB from the holster (when removed and the magnet no longer senses it in the holster) such as a gun sound or the sound of a whip and same for replacing it. I assume there must be a setting or app i just cannot find one. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    06-22-10 06:59 PM
    Yes! To be exact i want to apply a ring tone to the motion of removing the BB from the holster (when removed and the magnet no longer senses it in the holster) such as a gun sound or the sound of a whip and same for replacing it. I assume there must be a setting or app i just cannot find one. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
    Ringtones are meant to notify you of a notification on the device, not a notification of a person removing their device from their holster. I've never heard of a notification or app that would do something that you just described.
    06-22-10 07:02 PM
    This would be nice but I have never heard of a "holster removal tone" before

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 07:46 PM
    What the OP is describing/wanting WAS possible with OS versions before 4.7 In previous versions, you can edit any profile to play a specific ringtone when the device is out of the holster, and play a different one when the device is IN the holster. Profiles could also be customized to ring at different volumes depending on if the phone is in or out of the holster. It was great..all I had to do was modify ONE profile. I didn't have to create custom profiles, and then MANUALLY switch to them when needed.

To the OP: I'm attaching a photo of what you're talking about. But to answer your question, no it's not possible anymore. I first noticed the change in OS 4.7 which shipped with the original Storm. OS 5 is no different. I've gotten USED to the new method, but I still don't like it.
    06-22-10 10:50 PM
    What I've been looking to create is this...When I remove my BB from the holster to check the time or my calender or anything like that (NOT ANSWERING A PHONE CALL OR TEXT) I want to be able to apply music/sound tones the the action of the removal and or placing of the BB to and from it's holster. e.g. the sound of a gun firing or the sound a whip makes. I am new to the BB and know nothing about programming. Any help or reccomendations for developers would be great. Thanks!
    06-23-10 08:53 PM
    What the OP is describing/wanting WAS possible with OS versions before 4.7 In previous versions, you can edit any profile to play a specific ringtone when the device is out of the holster, and play a different one when the device is IN the holster. Profiles could also be customized to ring at different volumes depending on if the phone is in or out of the holster. It was great..all I had to do was modify ONE profile. I didn't have to create custom profiles, and then MANUALLY switch to them when needed.

To the OP: I'm attaching a photo of what you're talking about. But to answer your question, no it's not possible anymore. I first noticed the change in OS 4.7 which shipped with the original Storm. OS 5 is no different. I've gotten USED to the new method, but I still don't like it.
    thats not what the OP wants, what he wants is his bb to make a sound when its taken out of/placed in his holder (like samsungs and sony sliders do when you slide them open/shut). As far as i know it isnt possible as has already been stated.
    06-24-10 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD