Ok, so I am hoping that someone can give me a little assist here. On my Sprint Tour I am having issues with my profiles. Yes, I understand the logistics of how they work, and I normally NEVER take my profile off of "Normal" unless I need to turn off all sounds.
    My problem;
    I have set my notifications for SMS, Email, BB Messenger, etc to sound when out of holster, but ONLY vibrate in holster (See attached "Normal.jpg"). However no matter where my blackberry is, in the case or out of the case I always get the sounds for my notifications.

I attempted to setup a custom profile which introduced a new problem. When I go into my custom profile and choose Messages -> Email, I don't have the option of "Sound in Holster". (See Attached "MyCustom.jpg").

Has anyone else had this issue, and how did you get around it? I am in and out of meetings all day and really need to be able to suppress my notifications sounds.
    08-26-09 12:53 PM
    I have a verizon tour and was experiencing the same until i changed the vibration from custom back to the default.
    08-26-09 01:26 PM
    I just tried that and am in the process of testing this. So far, that seems to be the same with my tour.
    If this is the case, then how do I change the frequency of vibrations for each individual notification, or am I stuck?
    08-26-09 02:29 PM
    I also wanted different vibration patterns, but until someone tells me this is a bug that BB is working on, I guess we're both stuck. At least now i know it's not a Verizon "feature".
    08-26-09 03:50 PM
    I am having the same issue with my Verizon Tour and I just set my vib back to default and it worked. First of all, thanks so much for pointing this out... I was going crazy. I am also in and out of meetings all day and I REALLY love this feature. I am very dissapointed that you can't do custom vib and get this to work. Does anyone know the best way to point this out to BB so that we can get them working on a patch/update? Thanks again.
    09-29-09 09:32 PM
    I am wondering if this is something that is being worked on for os version 5.0? I am tempted to install one of the leaked 5.0 os's just to see if this is fixed. I guess I will post over in that forum and see what gives.
    09-30-09 12:53 PM
    This is a bug that I am reporting to a friend of mine who works for RIM. I have been having issues with trying to get my phone to vibrate first then tone while in the holster. I have found a workaround for the problem.

The issue is that the custom profile settings do not have all of the options available for audio (as in the screenshot that was provided earlier). The custom profile settings will ONLY override the default alerts for which there is an option. Currently, the option that is missing big time is the "Sound in Holster" option. This option cannot be set via a custom profile. To work around this, you have to set that option manually in the "Set Ringtone/Alerts" menu for the option that you are wanting (for me, it was email. I set it to "On". Then, I use my custom profile to override all of the other options.

In your case, what you would want to do is to create a custom profile and set the option to "Off". This would force the BB to not play any sound while in the holster, regardless of what the custom profile says.

This IS A BUG that appears to have been introduced with .53 (and .57).
    10-13-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD