10-30-10 09:20 AM
30 12
tools
    It's finally here in the CB store!!!! Just ordered mine. Who else is planning on picking this up?

09-18-10 08:52 PM
    I believe us here in Canada are getting the Leather pocket included with our 9800s... can anyone confirm this?
    09-18-10 08:53 PM
    I believe us here in Canada are getting the Leather pocket included with our 9800s... can anyone confirm this?
    good for you ei!
    after having to wait a month for the Torch.
    i wish they have given us this instead of the crappy earphones
    09-18-10 09:01 PM
    Looks good! Let us know your thoughts when you receive it.
    09-18-10 09:04 PM
    Looks nice. AT&T did give us a polishing cloth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 09:05 PM
    09-18-10 09:06 PM
    it looks like it has pretty much the exact same build as the RIM holster, without the clip and leather flap at the top. I absolutely love the holster, best on RIM's made yet. I am sure I am going to love this one too. I just hope it is snug, yet easy to remove (i had trouble with the leather pocket that came with the 9000).
    09-18-10 09:08 PM
    Yes it is included.

good for you ei!
    after having to wait a month for the Torch.
    And it's Eh! If you wanna poke fun then how aboot you get it right Eh!
    Last edited by pmccartney; 09-18-10 at 09:10 PM.
    09-18-10 09:08 PM
    where did YOU hear this?
    09-18-10 09:09 PM
    How is the holster-included-in-Canada being confirmed? This is the first I have heard about this...What would be the business rationale behind including it in Canada and not the USA??
    09-18-10 09:11 PM
    How is the holster-included-in-Canada being confirmed? This is the first I have heard about this...What would be the business rationale behind including it in Canada and not the USA??
    It hasn't been confirmed. It was mentioned on some Rogers promo video, but that's all. Hardly a confirmation.
    I do hope it's true though!
    09-18-10 09:13 PM
    <thumbs up!> I hope so, too!
    09-18-10 09:14 PM

Ain't that the freaking truth!!!
    09-18-10 09:46 PM
    Good to see these are finally released. I pre-ordered two of them from mobilecityonline.com. They have them for 11.99 with free shipping.
    09-18-10 10:00 PM
    It hasn't been confirmed. It was mentioned on some Rogers promo video, but that's all. Hardly a confirmation.
    I do hope it's true though!
    The pouch (not holster) was confirm on Redboard on the 13th
    09-18-10 10:08 PM
    Wow $23 is steep for a pouch. This one is on pre-order for $12 + free shipping

Blackberry Leather Pocket Pouch for Torch 9800 (Black) at MobileCityOnline.com
    09-18-10 10:33 PM
    ^ great find.. good thing i read this before doing the order
    09-18-10 10:43 PM
    Can anyone remember an instance where the US market didn't get a pouch or holster in the box and the Canadian market did?
    09-19-10 12:15 AM
    Welcome to Facebook

It's from Vietnam. Very kool.
    09-19-10 12:01 PM
    Good to see these are finally released. I pre-ordered two of them from mobilecityonline.com. They have them for 11.99 with free shipping.
    I've had my order in and have been waiting on them to get it in and ship it. They've now updated their website and say it should arrive/be available on Sept. 29.

Meanwhile, the holster I ordered from them for $19.99 and free shipping arrived Monday. I much prefer the older style holsters. The leather is skimpy thin and the top strap is very narrow. It's not as easy to flip the top strap and remove the device, or to put the device back in as it is with the older style holster. That is to say, there seems to be more of a potential for dropping the phone when sliding it back in because of the thinness of the leather and resulting lack of sureness.

Also, the leather smells kind of funky, as is often the case with overly processed inexpensive leather.

Oddly enough, the qualities that I don't like about this as a holster (which I only wear on the waistband of gym or basketball shorts with a t-shirt over it) will probably make it a good pouch, seeing as there is apparently no difference between the holster and the pouch except for the top strap and belt clip. There's not a lot of bulk.
    09-22-10 09:14 AM
    It's finally here in the CB store!!!! Just ordered mine. Who else is planning on picking this up?

Will this Pocket / Sleeve put the device into Holster Mode? Does the Torch Support that? I see the options in my profile. My old Curve sleeve fits it, but doesn't seem to change the mode.

EDIT -- Seems like it does...

"Plus, it features a battery-saving proximity sensor that shuts off the screen backlight as soon as you slide your device into place. The sensor also allows you to switch automatically to different notification settings (for ringing, vibration or both) based on whether your BlackBerry Torch 9800 is in or out of its case."
    Last edited by D.Vader; 09-22-10 at 11:40 AM.
    09-22-10 11:13 AM
    I've had my order in and have been waiting on them to get it in and ship it. They've now updated their website and say it should arrive/be available on Sept. 29.

Meanwhile, the holster I ordered from them for $19.99 and free shipping arrived Monday. I much prefer the older style holsters. The leather is skimpy thin and the top strap is very narrow. It's not as easy to flip the top strap and remove the device, or to put the device back in as it is with the older style holster. That is to say, there seems to be more of a potential for dropping the phone when sliding it back in because of the thinness of the leather and resulting lack of sureness.

Also, the leather smells kind of funky, as is often the case with overly processed inexpensive leather.

Oddly enough, the qualities that I don't like about this as a holster (which I only wear on the waistband of gym or basketball shorts with a t-shirt over it) will probably make it a good pouch, seeing as there is apparently no difference between the holster and the pouch except for the top strap and belt clip. There's not a lot of bulk.
    Yeah, they finally updated their info on the web page. It seems Fommy ships on the 27th and MobileCityOnline on the 29th. But CB already has them - for almost double the MCO price!
    09-22-10 12:55 PM
    I was thinking of getting this specific pouch for my 9650......any thoughts?

I checked the dimension and its almost similar...
    09-23-10 08:41 PM
    Yeah, they finally updated their info on the web page. It seems Fommy ships on the 27th and MobileCityOnline on the 29th. But CB already has them - for almost double the MCO price!
    A woman goes into a butcher shop and asks how much pork chops cost. The butcher says "$5.00 a pound." The woman replies, "$5 a pound? They're $2.50 a pound at the butcher down the street." The butcher asks "Why didn't you buy them down the street?". The woman replies "They were all out of them." The butcher says "When we're out of stock, pork chops cost $2.50 a pound here, too."
    09-24-10 12:25 PM
    Yea, that's why I decided not to go with them and just purchase from CB. I monitored their website since the beginning of Sept. They first said they would arrive on the 8th...then the 11th...then the 18th....now the 29th...good luck if you even will have it shipped by then.

I purchased from CB the first day they got em and have had mine for a few days now. I love it. I think it feels sturdier than previous holsters and welcome the slimness of it. Fits much better in jeans than the previous, bulkier leather pockets. It has a bit tighter fit than I was expecting, but I'm sure it will probably loosen up a bit the more I use it.
    09-24-10 01:22 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD