Does the way the otterbox screen protector sticks to the storm screen bother anyone else? It looks like there's something on the inside of the otterbox protector, but I know it's just the OB protector sticking to the storm screen. The older version didn't do that because it was connected to the OB on all four sides. Any comments or solutions???
    04-09-09 01:25 AM
    mine does that but it really doesent bother me at all
    04-09-09 01:27 AM
    It does stick. It did on the original one too.

Way way to fix it is to get some oil from your skin on the screen (rub the screen against your cheek or arm or something).

Another, less gross, way of doing it is to put a light screen protector on the screen before you put on the otterbox. This works for me. I just use the VZW screen protector and it's thin enough for the screen to be responsive through the otterbox's membrane.
    04-09-09 01:30 AM
    Look @ thread that was posted on the revisited one there are some remedies.
    04-09-09 02:19 AM
    Does the way the otterbox screen protector sticks to the storm screen bother anyone else? It looks like there's something on the inside of the otterbox protector, but I know it's just the OB protector sticking to the storm screen. The older version didn't do that because it was connected to the OB on all four sides. Any comments or solutions???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smcoldBB
    There is a link somewhere in this thread for a fix. I'm not going to look for it but I'll tell you how to fix this:

BABY POWDER - shake the **** out of the bottle for about a 1-2min. slam it down to remove the build up around the rim. Open the bottle and with your upper screen inside down above the bottle and squeeze. A small cloud with puff under the screen. Not to much that you can see a white film. put it together and you watermark will not come back.

It takes a few tries to get it right but it works. did it 2-3 days ago and haven't seen the mark since.

Well after going crazy for a couple days now, I finally stopped and picked up some baby powder. Did exactly like you said. Shook it up, tapped it down then let a slight puff go onto the screen of the Otterbox that I held above it. I got a little too much on so I cleaned it off by lightly rubbing a clean lint free shirt on it.

RESULT:
    Worked beautifully. No more screen sticking causing the watermarks, which made it tough to see the screen in bright sunlight. Now I am completely happy with the Otterbox and would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a tough protective and great acting case.

Thanks for the tip.
    04-09-09 08:37 AM
    I just cleaned my phone with a micro fiber cloth three or four times over a week and it's gone. If you are using your phone out of the case when you put it back in clean the phone good because the oil form your face cases this also. Also a micro fiber cloth is easier to carry then a bottle of baby powder i think.
    04-09-09 08:46 AM
    I'm not too crazy about putting baby powder on the screen of my phone, even if it is just a dusting. Isn't the point of this kind of case to keep stuff out and away from the screen?

I know the baby powder trick works and has been tried and true for the otterbox on other devices but it just doesn't make sense to me for the storm.
    04-09-09 09:33 AM
    I <3 the revised otter box. Lol it is si much better than the original

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 09:38 AM
    I popped the original protector out and tossed on an invisible shield
    04-09-09 09:40 AM
    i use a sanitary wipe on the phone and on bothsided of the screen and that seemed to do the trick.

i dont like the unsealed sides either, makes it feel like its less water resistant.
    04-09-09 09:46 AM
    I have the invisishield on mine and then the otter box, I do not have the sticking problem..
    04-09-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD