02-08-08 01:03 PM
61 123
tools
    I had a lot of Seidio stuff for my Treo(s) and they were pretty good. Apparently there is a risk of breaking one of the little attachment clips with repeated opening and closing of the case. I never broke a clip though.
    Whomever posted the option of a silicone skin and using that in the holster from Seidio is right and it is a good idea (I did that with my Treo as well).
    I just sold my Treo on ebay so I have some funny money coming and will probably get this case/holster combo and then also a silicone skin. So far I have not had a battery life issue and no freeze ups, etc. requiring frequent popping of the battery so I would hopefully not have the need to take it apart very often.
    Thanks for the real world pics!
    01-05-08 07:05 AM
    Will the silicon case fit in a top loader belt case if I get that to fit on my bat man firefighter belt. I am looking for a top loader that has belt loops not the belt clip or both.
    01-05-08 12:28 PM
    They do fit but a pain to get in and out because of the rubber that there made of. As far as your belt I got a pager holder, from Galls that velcro's on the back and holds the blet clip very well.
    01-05-08 02:47 PM
    They do fit but a pain to get in and out because of the rubber that there made of. As far as your belt I got a pager holder, from Galls that velcro's on the back and holds the blet clip very well.
    You have the 8830 does that velcro case work with it? Any pics? Can you post a link to Galls as to which one?
    01-05-08 04:29 PM
    Sorry About that It's a type of holder for the phone clip to go onto, the holder goes around the belt. I am out right now when I get home I will put on a pic.
    01-05-08 04:43 PM
    Sorry About that It's a type of holder for the phone clip to go onto, the holder goes around the belt. I am out right now when I get home I will put on a pic.

Any pics. I don't understand what is the diference is one slicker then the other or just an issue with hard case inside?
    01-08-08 11:45 PM
    I received mine yesterday - it took forever to get here.
    I have had one of these combos for a Treo 700p and 755p so I am familiar with the product(s).
    However, when the Pearl is in the Seidio rubberized case and then put into the holster the clip does not fully go over the top of the case. It seems to hold, but makes me a little nervous. If I use a Blackberry OEM skin the top clip does completely make it over the top of the Pearl and seem to work correctly.
    Is mine the only one like this? The back of the holster says 8100 and not 8130. Does that matter?
    01-18-08 09:14 AM
    mine does the same thing acolvin..

i never fear that im going to lose it...

-db
    01-18-08 04:27 PM
    is the same... and has been fine... I have flown this week, did the 3 parks in three days at disney, had the BB (case and holster) on the whole time and no problems... not even the tower of terror could shake it lose.

Great fit and finish
    01-18-08 08:34 PM
    I did the fedex 2 day ship after the web site said 24-48 hrs to process... it actually shipped the same day and I received it on my doorstep 2 days later.
    01-18-08 08:35 PM
    I've had this case for over a week now and love it. It doesn't add a lot of bulk to the pearl, yet it feels more substantial now. The texture of the case makes it easier to hold on to. Before I felt like it could slip out of my hands at any moment, especially when "two thumb texting". Now if only they'd make it in purple. I'm on a quest for a nice purple hard case for the 8130. . .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-08 01:15 PM
    Well that is a relief - I guess. I sent a message to Seidio and have yet to hear back from them. I think their customer service is somewhat known for that (not really complaining - I have just heard they are sometimes a little slow from perusing other boards).
    It seems to be in there pretty well and in trying to pry it or shake it loose it holds - it just seems like it should go completely over the top and then back to the resting position. I am not sure why they designed it that way...?
    On another note - I have had no issues in the past as far as shipping, but I think I always did the FedEx versus the USPS parcel post. I thought I would save a couple of bucks and it would be 4-5 days instead of two, but it was more like 10.
    Ok - I'll quit worrying about it. I was gonna keep it anyway, but I seem to prefer the skin and holster combo. Seidio has a silicone skin in production that looks just like the rubberized hard version that I may get as well. The more the merrier....
    01-19-08 01:36 PM
    Do they make onet hat covers all the side buttons?? I like my silicon one pretty much for that reason - IDK why but I dont like having the case 'open' like that.

and do they make it in other colors [specifically pink, aha]?
    01-19-08 07:53 PM
    Their hard case, and most of the other hard cases from other manufacturers, seem to have the cut outs.
    I am not sure if Seidio's skin (the silicone version) will have cutouts or not.
    I agree, so far I am still using the OEM Bberry skin with the Seidio skinned holster.
    01-19-08 09:00 PM
    Thanks for the pics. Where did you get the clip for the 8130?
    01-20-08 11:03 AM
    What is the proper way to remove it without breaking it? I have had mine for a few days and I really like it. When the time comes to remove it I want to be ready.
    01-26-08 12:55 PM
    i pull it apart where the two input jacks and the left side convenience key are...

pops right apart...

-db
    01-26-08 05:32 PM
    I've had this case for over a week now and love it. It doesn't add a lot of bulk to the pearl, yet it feels more substantial now. The texture of the case makes it easier to hold on to. Before I felt like it could slip out of my hands at any moment, especially when "two thumb texting". Now if only they'd make it in purple. I'm on a quest for a nice purple hard case for the 8130. . .

Seidio super thin rubberized cases are available in more colors !

In addition to the black, it is available in Blue and Bungundy.
    01-27-08 11:43 AM
    Does this case actually have a screen cover or is it simply a cutout?
    01-27-08 11:44 AM
    it is just a cutout...

i use a cut to fit screen cover...

a lot of people like the precut ones but they cost a lot more...

-db
    01-27-08 01:51 PM
    I love this case, I just got it yesterday and I think that its probably the best phone case I've ever had. So smooth. Ooh. Smooth.

01-30-08 04:31 PM
    post some real time pics of it on your belt so we can see how big it is.
    01-30-08 10:44 PM
    I have had this case now for 3 weeks and love it, however, I just took it off since putting it on for the first time. It was a little cruddy... It was no problem to wipe clean, but I would reccomend checking it once a week.
    01-31-08 10:03 PM
    i've also had this case for a few days now and love it! it definitely is a little raised at the bottom of the keypad but no biggie. the only drawback i have is when needing to do a battery pull (not a big fan myself of softreset program, need space for others). other than that it fits in my side case nicely and would reccomend to others.
    01-31-08 10:55 PM
    Hi all-

Will this case fit as well as you describe with a full set of bodyguardz in place? Granted the bodyguardz arent thick, but if the Sedio is that snug, i dont want to deal with a fit problem!

Thanks in advance!

Dan
    02-02-08 11:57 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD