02-08-08 12:03 PM
61 123
    Got one in the mail today...

Yes I ordered it, it didn't just show up on my doorstep...

Initial impression:
    I like it... It holds the phone very tightly. I thought there might be some play in it but there is none.
    the cutouts for all the buttons are spot on...volume, left and right convenience keys, mute, led, speakers, EVERYTHING. there is no overlap or poorly placed cut outs.
    the "rubberized" material is really a plastic not a rubber...this is nice becasue the silicone skin caught on everything. every time I put it in my pocket it snagged and dragged. the silicone is nice but it does NOT slide at all... The rubberized case glides in and out of the pocket with ease.
    The seidio case is very comfortable in the hand and now makes all the side buttons recessed which I like.
    The only potential drawback is the "bar" that goes across the face of the phone just north of the trackball. I can tell some people will not like this...but I actually like it for two reasons. One, it will protect the trackball in the pocket a little... and two, I actually glide my finger over the bar as I scroll...
    I got used to it in moments...but you will notice it right away...
    I have NOT dropped it yet....but I think (and have read) that it will split open upon impact. This will probably save the phone from damage...which is the real reason I bought it. No scratches or smudges... and I can pocket it without worry.
    I was able to snap it on and off in two seconds but it doesnt seem like it will simply fall off without my persuasion.

Final Analysis:
    If you have an 8130 and want to protect it from MODERATE damage (its no otterbox...more like a hard plastic skin...) it seems like it will do the job...
    I've only had it installed for six hours..
    I will review again in a week or so after putting the case "through the paces"
    I think 8130 owners will probably like this...

Last edited by daddybear; 01-03-08 at 07:35 PM.
    01-03-08 07:32 PM
    DB... thanks for the review.
    Any chance of a few pics?
    01-03-08 07:38 PM
    check the little linky at the bottom...

its fresh off the seidio site...and it looks EXACTLY LIKE THAT...

except i don't have her picture on my homescreen...

01-03-08 07:40 PM
    You put that there after my post didn't you!
    01-03-08 07:46 PM
    nothing up my sleeve...

01-03-08 07:47 PM
    nice case db. i knew we could count on you for ALL the accessory reviews for the 8130. so when are we, meaning you, going to get the otterbox for the 8130. do you have an early in. lol
    01-03-08 08:30 PM
    I totally thought that you photoshopped a pic of your girlfriend/daughter/wife etc as the background in that pic!!
    01-03-08 08:32 PM
    My wife is way more beautiful. My daughter is incredibly more beautiful. And my girlfriend... Well... She's pretty damn hot.
    But seriously...
    The otterbox won't. Be out for another month or two (I emailed them months ago...) but they are in the works.

I'm kind of glad though. If I buy one more blackberry accessory this month... My beautiful wife will make that face that's not so beautiful....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-08 08:43 PM
    I second this review...I just ripped into my new case/holster too. So far, so good. We'll see how it works tomorrow out "in the wild."

It fits like a glove and you don't really need the directions they included in the package.
    01-04-08 12:48 AM
    I Purchased the case and have had it for a couple of days now and love it so far. Very easy to get used to and the phone no longer slips out of my hands. It also is very easy to get in and out of my pocket. It has just the right mix of grip and slip. A definite must purchase.
    01-04-08 10:51 AM
    after a full day of using it...

a few observations:
    i dont press the mute button by accident now that it is recessed into the case.
    the same goes for the camera (I was ALWAYS turning that thing on and off by accident everytime i picked it up).

I am liking the little black bar more and more over the trackball...it really gives my thumb a place to glide onto (instead of the screen...) and it seems like it is protecting the trackball a little because it is almost the same height above the keyboard. I'm sure some people will NOT like this but I do. I know its a crime but I live in the real world and occasionally lay my berry down on its face (or it flips over in my truck when I pile it on top of everything else on the seat...clipboard..tape measure...hat...wallet...customer files...cordless drill...you know...the normal detritus of modern living... doesn't everyone have a laser next to their blackberrys to tell them if the room is out of square???...
    But seriously...(is that possible for me?) it seems like it might stand up to a little bit of abuse that might befall my precious berry. I am probably a little rougher on my phones than the average office worker... (which is why I carry two...I call the other one cannon fodder...) and this affords me a little bit of comfort knowing my berry might stand up to the errant scratch potential or (short) drop... and thats enough for me...

further reviews to follow (as they occur to me)...

01-04-08 01:35 PM
    nice case db. i knew we could count on you for ALL the accessory reviews for the 8130. so when are we, meaning you, going to get the otterbox for the 8130. do you have an early in. lol
    If DB has a early in I had better be his FIRST call! I think I have been waiting just as long as him for this otterbox for my BB! I am almost to a point of just buying a 8830 just to get a otterbox!!!

If I buy one more blackberry accessory this month... My beautiful wife will make that face that's not so beautiful....
    We must have the same wife!!! I went on a shopping spree for Pip and she wasn't happy(250.00 later) LOL!!!!!

01-04-08 02:05 PM
    I did ask to be notified when otterbox releases the new 8130 case...

when I hear...you hear...

(like I'm not going to jump on crackberry and toss one to my people...c'mon...)

and say what you will...if this case holds up as well as I think it will until the otterbox comes out...

I may not get one...ha!
    01-04-08 03:06 PM
    Some Pics of the Rubberized Hard Case.
    01-04-08 06:43 PM
    thanks for the assist pics zero g...

is that the monster logo?

01-04-08 06:53 PM
    Ya though it looked pretty cool.
    01-04-08 07:07 PM
    I got the same case for my 8800 as a chirstmas present. I love it.
    01-04-08 07:30 PM
    santa loves bigb

01-04-08 07:34 PM
    You can also use the rubber skins with the belt clip......
    01-04-08 07:36 PM
    I have the same clip and orange blue and black silicone skins...

but i may never take the "rubberized" skin off...

01-04-08 07:51 PM
    My Wife has the 8130 and I think I have every skin color they make for it.
    01-04-08 08:52 PM
    Question: I swap batteries a couple times a week, meaning I would have to unsnap the case a couple or few times a week. How do you think it will hold up against being snapped and unsnapped frequently?
    01-04-08 08:56 PM
    I have taken the one on my 8830 off 20 to 30 times, I honestly don't think taking it off several times a week would be very good, but I have not had a problem yet. As I said above you can also use the rubber skins with the belt clip if you are intrested.
    01-04-08 10:05 PM
    can you post a link to where you bought this skin with holster? Is it a kit sold together the clip and skin? I have seen a review of the otterbox case for the 8830 and it looks pretty good. I am a firefighter and looking for really good protection what do you guys think wait for the otterbox or get this skin case?
    01-04-08 11:49 PM
    Here ya go... I like this one, the otter box is also good but puts some bulk on the BB.

- Blackberry 8130 store
    01-05-08 12:25 AM
61 123