So I recently bought the ProClip mount for my Storm. I spent three days looking at every possible mount there was, including the custom made ones from a BlackBerry Storm Cradle and a suction arm. I set out wanting a dock that would support my Storm up towards my eye level and charge at the same time. There are only a couple that do this, and they are ugly/bulky. So I began looking at the ProClip. I liked it because it comes in two pieces, one piece custom fit for your car and one piece custom fit for your device. This was perfect because no matter if I buy a new car or a new phone I only have to replace half of the really expensive mounting system.

Installation took under 1 minute. They provided a small wedge tool to help open the radio bezel slightly so the clip could fit in it. The bottom is held in by pressure and a small piece of adhesive tape. It really was a "snap"...see what I did there.

Once mounted the clip is very secure. This thing will not accidently fall off or anything. Nothing short of a full head on collision could make this thing waiver. The BlackBerry mount spins 360 degrees and tilts up to 15 degrees making it easy to adjust right where I need it. Shows in landscape and portrait orientations just fine.

The ProClip does not charge the phone. They do have a model that comes with a charger but it was $60 by itself. Not counting the car mount portion. So I began to realize that I personally did not need constant charging so removing this criteria from my search the ProClip became the perfect option. Fortunately for me the ProClip mount location in the Explorer is right next to a 12v cigarette lighter. So I can just plug in my regular car charger when I really need it and it isnt always there as an unsightly mess when I don't.

Bottom Line: Price is pretty expensive ($74 inc. shipping) for most, but the mount is really nice and gets my phone out the cup holder and where I can see it. Very sturdy and reliable and flexible enough to suit any driver. Definitely worth the money if you have it.

ProClip Mounting System - Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts

Here are some photos.
    05-16-09 09:02 AM
    Great pics...

I am really considering one, since I use my 8320 for GPS navigation.
    05-16-09 09:53 AM
    Looks nice, but $74 for the mount seems a bit high for my wallet.
    05-16-09 11:30 AM
    yeah it is very expensive...and it took me three days to talk myself into it. I am not sure why it has to be so expensive...I would think for half that price they could sell the heck out of their mounts everywhere...its a very ingenious system.
    05-16-09 11:36 AM
    it is worth every penny. once you buy the part for your car, you only have to buy the new phone part if you get a new phone....they are about $30
    05-16-09 12:11 PM