Who loves to keep on buying bluetooth headsets? I know I don't, but somehow I am constantly on the lookout for the best one that suits my need for the best. So for now, we just go on searching....

I just got this baby this afternoon and cannot wait to really do an extensive testing before giving my final score. So be patient. Those of you who got one and have tested it for a few days, your input is always welcome.

So let us meet, PLANTRONICS VOYAGER 815 Bluetooth Headset...

With AudioIQ technology, it offers Two-Way Noise Reduction for Clearer Calls. Features advanced digital signal processing automatically adjusts sound levels so every word can be clearly heard on both ends of the call, regardless of the noise around you.

With it's QuickPair technology which provides quick and easy pairing of your headset with your Bluetooth mobile phone. Multipoint technology, lets you take calls from any two Bluetooth phones - using just one headset! Sweet right? Who among you brings a personal phone and a company phone? Imagine the comfort!! Just switch from your personal mobile phone to business mobile phone. Think of productivity!

Specs:
    Lithium Ion Battery provides Up to 7 Hours Talk Time
    Up to 160 Hours Standby Time
    Headset Weighs 11 grams
    Bluetooth Version 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
    Range up to 33 feet / 10 Meters
    Supports Headset & Hands-Free Profiles
    Supports last number redial and voice-activated dialing

What's in the box:
    Bluetooth Headset
    Noise Isolating Ear Buds (S, M, L)
    Ear Loop Stabilizer
    AC Charger 100-240V

Length of this BT headset, about 2 inches.

I'll be posting some more detailed pictures in a few days...
    Last edited by chinesecatt; 12-06-07 at 10:58 PM.
    12-06-07 10:55 PM
    Looks good
    12-06-07 11:08 PM
    How does this new plantronics compare to the older voyager 510?
    12-27-07 05:37 PM
    Cool I was getting bored with the Jawbone.
    12-27-07 10:42 PM
    How does this new plantronics compare to the older voyager 510?
    Comparing the Voyager 815 with the Voyager 510 is like comparing an apple from a pineapple. Totally different in design and features. There was really no special feature with the 510 compared to the 815. Though they are both comfortable to use for longer period of time, the latter's control buttons are placed strategically that it is easier to control. With the "Slider" function, accepting calls and ending calls have never been easier.

The Voyager 510 was my ever first Bluetooth Headset. Having owned quite a few, I would say, the latest Voyager models are much better in terms of compatability.
    12-28-07 06:49 PM
    Thanks for the quick answer! How does wind noise suppression compare between the 815 and 510?
    12-30-07 02:08 AM
    How has the test gone? I had a trusty 510 with the integrated winds sock and everyone seemed to like talking to me on it, even in airports. Now they sure knew I was on my Bluetooth headset but they did not ask me to get off of it because it was so bad.

I replaced my 510 with and 815 and everyone is always asking me to get off of it and talk on the phone unless I am in a quiet room. What gives?

IMHO if you cannot walk through an airport and talk to someone on a Bluetooth headset it is useless. Now I am not looking for it to completely block out those dam airport announcements, just work well enough that the other person can hear you and not have to make you get off your headset to talk.
    03-11-08 09:10 AM
    I also have the Voyager 510 and people are always telling me I sound like I'm on a landline! They cannot believe that during our whole conversation, they were talking to me via a BT.

Voyager 510 is the best headset I've found in a long time!
    03-11-08 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD