Ok, here is my review of Phantom Skinz:

I started researching Phantom Skinz after I already was somewhat satisfied with BSE. I have had 2 BSEs on my phone prior to installing PS. Before BSE I tried IS and it looked horrid. I realized how bad it was after I installed my first BSE. BSE is a great product but I am picky about my screen and the orangepeel just got on my nerves. This is where PS came in. I ordered it with the current holiday special they are running. That is a great deal they got going on there. After I ordered it I got it in my mailbox in 4 days. The installation is almost identical to BSE. I will say it was about the same difficulty level as BSE too. Mine seemed to "cure" much quicker than the BSEs I had put on my phone. But also note in the instructions it says to leave your phone powered off for 24 hours which I did and it almost killed me. Seriously it did. The end result was so worth it though. There IS SOME orangepeel to it but you cannot tell when you are using your BB. When the backlight is out and you hold it to see the glare of the light you can notice it. It is honestly about 1/4 of what BSE has and about 1/10 of IS. The bad news with PS is the surface area coverage is less than BSE. What was weird to me though was it did cover the side rails. Well half of them anyways. Weird huh? PS does not cover the top or the sides of the face plate. Only below the keypad. I do love the screen though. What I am going to do in the future is use BSE for the whole phone except the screen, I will use PS for the screen. My final thought is the product is better and shows less flaws than BSE. The screen skin is much better and clearer than BSE. I hope this helps!
    12-07-08 10:39 PM
    sadly still 10 bucks for just the screen and only 1 piece if my glimpses/skimming is correct, at least bse gives you 2 if you did that so ill stick with them just incase i mess up on one n need another
    12-07-08 10:52 PM
    sadly still 10 bucks for just the screen and only 1 piece if my glimpses/skimming is correct, at least bse gives you 2 if you did that so ill stick with them just incase i mess up on one n need another
    No, you get two in a pack with the screen pack and two with the full body pack.
    12-07-08 11:00 PM
    the "Orange Peel" look is the the nature of the material BSE uses... totally normal.
    12-08-08 08:06 AM
    Ok, here is my review of Phantom Skinz:

I started researching Phantom Skinz after I already was somewhat satisfied with BSE. I have had 2 BSEs on my phone prior to installing PS. Before BSE I tried IS and it looked horrid. I realized how bad it was after I installed my first BSE. BSE is a great product but I am picky about my screen and the orangepeel just got on my nerves. This is where PS came in. I ordered it with the current holiday special they are running. That is a great deal they got going on there. After I ordered it I got it in my mailbox in 4 days. The installation is almost identical to BSE. I will say it was about the same difficulty level as BSE too. Mine seemed to "cure" much quicker than the BSEs I had put on my phone. But also note in the instructions it says to leave your phone powered off for 24 hours which I did and it almost killed me. Seriously it did. The end result was so worth it though. There IS SOME orangepeel to it but you cannot tell when you are using your BB. When the backlight is out and you hold it to see the glare of the light you can notice it. It is honestly about 1/4 of what BSE has and about 1/10 of IS. The bad news with PS is the surface area coverage is less than BSE. What was weird to me though was it did cover the side rails. Well half of them anyways. Weird huh? PS does not cover the top or the sides of the face plate. Only below the keypad. I do love the screen though. What I am going to do in the future is use BSE for the whole phone except the screen, I will use PS for the screen. My final thought is the product is better and shows less flaws than BSE. The screen skin is much better and clearer than BSE. I hope this helps!
    JD,

I cannot believe that you feel that we do not offer as much coverage as our competitors. Can you send us some pics at contact@PhantomSkinz.com illustrating the lack of coverage? We have never received this type of comment before.

guru
    12-08-08 12:14 PM
    Guru,

The only thing that struck me odd was the only coverage on the faceplate was the screen and the bottom of the keypad. This leaves the upper corners and the sides of the faceplate exposed. I did mention where PS does cover the siderails and BSE does not. So mabey a fair statement would be same amount of coverage just on different areas. I hope you did not take my review in a negative light as I praised your quality of material used. This would be the perfect skin for me if the upper faceplate was not exposed. Once again your product is way nicer than BSE and looks better on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 02:47 PM
    No, you get two in a pack with the screen pack and two with the full body pack.
    well bse is like 8 bucks shipped or w/e im still too cheap for the extra 2 bucks
    not like i look at my screen when the phone is off
    12-08-08 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD