This is my quick review of the Case-Mate Barely There green Storm case. I took my blog post about it and made it shorter for you all.
    They have four color combinations available for the "Barely There" case. They have a Green, Orange, Royal Silver (which is black at the top that blends to silver at the bottom), and Royal Blue (which is black at the top that blends to a royal blue at the bottom). I chose the Green one.

When the package arrived today, it came with the case (obviously) as well as a screen protector (and directions for its application). I tried to put on the screen protector first. It was a massive failure. Not to fault Case-Mate, it was simply difficult to keep the adhesive side of the film clean whilst applying it. So, if you pick up one of these, apply the protector in a room that has little to no air movement and one that's relatively dust-free. I kept getting dust particles trapped on it and could never get them cleared off. After some hassle trying to remedy the situation, I ended up just throwing it away. Something to note about the protector before I move on: the film isn't actually sticky adhesive, so don't worry about it leaving any sort of residue on the screen or anything like that.

The case itself is very sleek and has an insignificant profile, which achieves my desire for a case that keeps truer to the thinness of the Storm itself. Comparing the overall thickness (or thinness if you will) to the Innocase II, the Case-Mate is at most a millimeter thinner (I didn't measure but I compared it to the relative thickness of the Innocase II shell, which is rated at 1mm according to Seidio), give or take a few tenths of a millimeter. The durability of the material itself seems to be on-par with the Innocase, which was pretty much indestructable in most drop scenarios. The material is flexible and rugged, yet has an almost rubberized feel to it which is nice for a slightly better grip (probably even more so for those who have sweaty palms). Putting the case in the phone is a very simple process: just put one side of the phone in the case and snap the other side into the case (from left-to-right or right-to-left if you're holding the phone as a portrait). I've been using it for the entirety of today (approx. 10hr) and it's great! It feels just that much thinner than my Seidio Innocase II, and the lime-y green adds a great bit of style and uniqueness to my Storm.

There is one caveat to this entire review and any sensible recommendation I could offer regarding this case: this case is not as protective as the Innocase line of cases. The top part of the phone is still quite exposed, so I myself will have to be slightly more careful. The corners as well as the entire backside of the phone are completely protected, however, and in my case that means about 90% of my drops would have been protected in the past. That to me is a very fair trade-off.

My verdict: Ringing in at $19.99 plus some change for shipping, this is a solid buy. The Innocase and Innocase II by Seidio are slightly more expensive, but obviously the added protection is worth it if that's what you want. Case-Mate does offer a few more cases for the Storm that can also provide more protection than their Barely There case, but this is by far the most sleek protective case for the Storm that I've seen.

If you want to see some more pictures, head over to my blog! I don't mean to promote one of my sites here, it's just that i've added more images there and don't want to clog up this post with all of them :-)

let me know if you have any questions!
    04-16-09 04:16 AM
    Nice review.
    The "Barely There", is virtually the same as the Incipio "Feather". There are very slight differences.
    Like that color green though.
    04-16-09 04:52 AM
    Nice review.
    The "Barely There", is virtually the same as the Incipio "Feather". There are very slight differences.
    Like that color green though.
    Thanks!
    yea, it was weird.. i didn't run across anything regarding the Incipio Feather cases until right before i was posting this here. they look gorgeous as well and i may have to try one out sometime!
    i love the green tho.. it's so unique compared to all the other bland cases most people have for their storms. I was at the gym the other day and a guy had a storm and a case that looked a lot like the Innocase at first glance.. in black, same as mine. I was just like blah they're all the same! :-)
    04-16-09 05:11 AM
    Great review. I was wondering what the finish was like on this case. I was/am torn on which one to choose, Incipio or Case Mate.
    04-16-09 01:11 PM
    Looks good, and a rather unusual color selection. If it helps jharo, here is the review I posted about the Incipio Feather: http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/in...-storm-207216/
    04-16-09 02:00 PM
    Nice review. It would be nice to have this moved the the review section.
    04-16-09 02:04 PM
    Great review. Not a bad looking case. But it would take the Gods of Rim to pry my Seidio Inn I case off my Storm! And yet a simple battery pull does it every so often
    04-16-09 02:41 PM
    I've read the Incipio case does have a slight rubberized feel but doesn't affect having it slide in and out of a pocket. This is the only thing I hate about silicone cases.

How is the Case-Mate in this matter? And does the rubberized finish attract lint/dust?
    04-16-09 03:00 PM
    Great review. I was wondering what the finish was like on this case. I was/am torn on which one to choose, Incipio or Case Mate.
    thanks! the finish seems to be comparable to the Incipio case, based upon the review of it in the forums. It's slightly textured to feel slightly like rubber.

Looks good, and a rather unusual color selection. If it helps jharo, here is the review I posted about the Incipio Feather: http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/in...-storm-207216/
    I quite enjoyed your review! It looks like an similarly great case!

Nice review. It would be nice to have this moved the the review section.
    Thanks! Oops sorry! Yes, it'd be great if we could get it moved to the proper section :-)

I've read the Incipio case does have a slight rubberized feel but doesn't affect having it slide in and out of a pocket. This is the only thing I hate about silicone cases.

How is the Case-Mate in this matter? And does the rubberized finish attract lint/dust?
    If you've ever felt the Seidio Innocase cases, this Case-Mate has a slightly less 'resistant' texture.. so it still has a grippy feel to it, but in no way affects putting it in or taking it out of my pocket.
    04-16-09 04:22 PM
    Great review, yea i looked into the Inicio "feather" and the Case-Mate, I think I'm goin to go with Case-Mate simply because of the design Difference (color fading) of the royal blue, and silver. I did not see the silver version tho, maybe out of stock, so i will go with the Navy Blue. Thanks again for the review
    04-18-09 05:28 AM
    Great review, yea i looked into the Inicio "feather" and the Case-Mate, I think I'm goin to go with Case-Mate simply because of the design Difference (color fading) of the royal blue, and silver. I did not see the silver version tho, maybe out of stock, so i will go with the Navy Blue. Thanks again for the review
    my pleasure! both brands look great, but im loving the lime-y green of Case-Mate.. but the Incipio has colors that Case-Mate doesn't as well, so i think it's a great variety provided between the two (since they appear to be so similar in design).
    let me know how the blue-black fade looks (maybe post some pics if you can/want to) as i'm interested to see how it looks in a more realistic setting apart from the company's site!
    04-18-09 04:44 PM
    Will this case fit into this holster?

i don't have 10 posts so i cant put a link..

shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-leather-holster/4A25A4248.htm

basically its the OEM bb holster (vertical)

thanks in advance
    06-04-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD