I'm strongly considering returning my Otterbox. I'm still within the 30 day window so they will take it back without a restocking fee.

I just can't get used to it. The bulk doesn't bother me and the protection is great but the typing just plain sucks on it. If you don't press it just the right way and with enough force it doesn't register.

I also have an issue with my ears that I don't hear so well under normal circumstances. The Otterbox seems the make it worse. My GF is actually starting to get mad at me because I keep asking her "what?" over and over again if we are on the phone. She complains she can't hear me to well either. I guess this is attributed to the added protection surrounding the ear piece and the microphone area.

I like the protection but I work in an office not a construction site so I guess it is not entirely a necessity. I do work with messy kids when I'm contracted out to different schools though so that can be an issue. But for the most part I am the only danger to my phone and I have insurance. I could be a bit of a clutz. It just sucks because I'm still searching for that "perfect case" its almost like waiting for that "golden code"

Not sure what I should do. Any opinions?
    03-13-09 12:19 PM
    I couldn't even stand the regular hard case on mine so I know the Otterbox would drive me insane. The silicone cover is about as much as I can handle and I use it sometimes, but most of the time I just go nekkid.
    03-13-09 12:27 PM
    The phone is great naked... I'm just too damn paranoid about it.

I mean it's just a phone...

Isn't it?

03-13-09 01:28 PM
    I'm pretty sure if you dropped your phone and it broke...Life as we know it would end.

Seidio Surface II is a great case. Doesn't cover the ear piece at all...or if you wanted to keep the Otterbox try using a BT headset.
    03-13-09 01:35 PM
    I'm strongly considering returning my Otterbox. I'm still within the 30 day window so they will take it back without a restocking fee.

I just can't get used to it. The bulk doesn't bother me and the protection is great but the typing just plain sucks on it. If you don't press it just the right way and with enough force it doesn't register.

I also have an issue with my ears that I don't hear so well under normal circumstances. The Otterbox seems the make it worse. My GF is actually starting to get mad at me because I keep asking her "what?" over and over again if we are on the phone. She complains she can't hear me to well either. I guess this is attributed to the added protection surrounding the ear piece and the microphone area.

I like the protection but I work in an office not a construction site so I guess it is not entirely a necessity. I do work with messy kids when I'm contracted out to different schools though so that can be an issue. But for the most part I am the only danger to my phone and I have insurance. I could be a bit of a clutz. It just sucks because I'm still searching for that "perfect case" its almost like waiting for that "golden code"

Not sure what I should do. Any opinions?
    I had problems typing with it too, what I did was remove the protective screen. I'm not too worried about the screen getting scratched, I'm more worried about it breaking if I drop it and the case will still protect it from that.
    03-13-09 03:32 PM
    I was just searching through cases and I think I fell in love with the look of the Innocase II. So much so that I just bought it I try not to think of it as being impulsive but I think the Otterbox was just too much for me.

I ended up buying the Innocase on Amazon.com because I had gift certificates so it saved me a bit of money. I know I'm giving up a lot of protection but I can't really use my phone as a phone right now so what am I protecting really?

I picked it up in red, I got tired of the black or the grey. I read good things about the case, and I'm wondering to myself now why I haven't picked that up in the first place.

Hopefully it will satiate my continuous case searching for a little bit. I'm running low on funds and I just keep buying crap for my Storm. I think my GF is getting jealous. My pockets are hurting and my credit card is wearing thin. Damn this addicting device!
    03-13-09 03:38 PM
    I had problems typing with it too, what I did was remove the protective screen. I'm not too worried about the screen getting scratched, I'm more worried about it breaking if I drop it and the case will still protect it from that.
    I'm not worried about the screen really either because I have plenty of screen protectors but I didn't want to void the warranty of the Otterbox just in case.
    03-13-09 03:39 PM
    The innocase II is a good choice, I use that and i have the VZW screen protector and im not worried about it, and im pretty paranoid about my blackberries. If you want to walk around with it and not worry about the screen the seidio holster that works with the innocase does a good job at protecting the screen while walking around.
    03-13-09 03:55 PM
    I also had problems hearing on the phone so I took a knife to the earphone area and opened it up. I know that would void the warranty but at least now I can hear very well when talking on the phone.
    03-13-09 04:17 PM
    x2 I have the innocase 2 (black) with the innocase holster.

I'm pretty sure if you dropped your phone and it broke...Life as we know it would end.

Seidio Surface II is a great case. Doesn't cover the ear piece at all...or if you wanted to keep the Otterbox try using a BT headset.
    03-13-09 04:50 PM
    And you couldn't search for this topic?

Otterbox is redesigning the case...search man...search

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 04:55 PM
    I'm all about protecting my phone but damn, that otterbox is just too much

03-13-09 05:02 PM
    And you couldn't search for this topic?

Otterbox is redesigning the case...search man...search

Hopefully it will be out before the end of the month.

03-13-09 07:18 PM
    I did search. I wasn't looking to add to the otterbox threads I wanted to start My own.

I know they are coming out with a new one but I'm impatient. Besides, the innocase II is pretty nice

Last edited by HeroBerry; 03-13-09 at 07:49 PM.
    03-13-09 07:43 PM
    Just got mine today...i like it so far had one for my bold that i had before the storm
    03-14-09 04:28 AM
    They will send you the new version for free when it comes out. Email them!

03-14-09 06:46 AM
    The cost of that case is more than my deductible with assuron. Over the years I have learned that I don't kill my phones if I use the sleep holsters. I like the phone naked. Plus I have the blackberry cradle that makes the phone that much sexier on the night stand.

03-14-09 07:08 AM
    i mangled the heck out of my phone yesterday, bottom edges are scratched to ****! im looking for a good case now
    03-14-09 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD