STAY AWAY! FAR AWAY!

I'm currently working on my second retractable cord wall charger and each time, it appears to drain the battery as opposed to charging it. The phone charges fine on the retractable car charger and the BB wall charger but it seems it cannot handle a retractable wall charger.

There is a possibility it could be a battery issue, so I'll be calling Verizon tomorrow to see if they'll let me try another battery. Although it charges fine on the car and BB wall charger, I doubt it's the battery but I'm sure it will be easier than trying to get a refund from the stores.
    03-26-09 01:57 AM
    I had every expectation to hear about eyes poked out and teeth chipped from the retractor spring throwing the cord around violently. Maybe I play too many violent video games

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 02:51 AM
    I bought a retractable wall charger and it made my Storm to hang after a night of charging. It was putting out too much voltage. I tossed it right away before it burnt up my batt and/or Storm. I would like to find a reliable one with retractable cord and fold in blades. Anyone know of one?
    03-26-09 11:48 AM
    I have a retractable USB cord from seidio and it seems to be fine
    03-26-09 04:45 PM
    I made mention earlier that ebay has a retractable cord charger for the car for less than $6*+free shipping. It should still be available. Didn't get it because the cord looked thin but what a cool item at a great price!
    03-26-09 07:12 PM
    Another thought is if you really wanted to create a more reliable AC version of a retractable charger cord. Buy a retractable telephone cord for landline from walmart. Or RS and do some delicate soldering.
    03-26-09 07:24 PM
    I bought a retractable wall charger and it made my Storm to hang after a night of charging. It was putting out too much voltage. I tossed it right away before it burnt up my batt and/or Storm. I would like to find a reliable one with retractable cord and fold in blades. Anyone know of one?
    Looks like I'll be sticking with the BB wall charger. The charger putting out too much voltage sounds like my problem too.

As far as folding blades go: How in the **** does BB not engineer that into the chargers that come with the Storm? Seriously annoying.
    03-26-09 08:38 PM
    Looks like I'll be sticking with the BB wall charger. The charger putting out too much voltage sounds like my problem too.

As far as folding blades go: How in the **** does BB not engineer that into the chargers that come with the Storm? Seriously annoying.

My Storm came with a charger that would let you switch to "foreign blades" allowing you to charge it in any country. They do this because it's a world phone. Worked great on the European cruise I went on.

My Pearl (not a world phone) did come with a charger with folding blades.
    03-26-09 08:42 PM
    The Seidio retractable works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 09:14 PM
    My Storm came with a charger that would let you switch to "foreign blades" allowing you to charge it in any country. They do this because it's a world phone. Worked great on the European cruise I went on.

My Pearl (not a world phone) did come with a charger with folding blades.

And that explains that.

Some of these options that come with phones should be OPTIONS instead of forcing you to take crap you don't need.
    03-27-09 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD