The plastic protector that covers the keyboard, screen, and camera has got a TON of dust underneath and know all my pictures are coming out blurry. I am under warranty so a new one has been shipped out to me. How would I replace it, or could the Sprint repair center do the job? I was told by Otterbox they would not, and I would need to do it.

Tips? Suggestions would be so much appreciated as I'd like my camera to take quality pics again.

John
    07-30-10 06:03 PM
    I work in construction and my Otter Box screen protector gets dust under it all the time. I usually take my 8330 out of the Otter Box on weekends because I like the phone better naked.
    I just wash the plastic protector with water and dry, then put it back on for the week. I have done this over 20 times and my plastic skin cover is still in great condition. After doing this many times I can still get the plastic down smooth on the screen with no air bubbles.
    As for the camera, I just cut a hole in it for the camera and just blow the dust out or use a tissue to clean the camera lens.
    07-30-10 07:48 PM
    The plastic protector that covers the keyboard, screen, and camera has got a TON of dust underneath and know all my pictures are coming out blurry. I am under warranty so a new one has been shipped out to me. How would I replace it, or could the Sprint repair center do the job? I was told by Otterbox they would not, and I would need to do it.

Tips? Suggestions would be so much appreciated as I'd like my camera to take quality pics again.

John
    You have to cut a hole in the plastic to use the camera. Put the otterbox w/plastic protector on your bb. Mark the area over the camera w/ a marker, take everything off & cut out the plastic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 07:50 PM
    You have to cut a hole in the plastic to use the camera. Put the otterbox w/plastic protector on your bb. Mark the area over the camera w/ a marker, take everything off & cut out the plastic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Can I cut the hole with it on if I am very very careful? Use a kitchen knife?

John
    07-30-10 10:54 PM
    I work in construction and my Otter Box screen protector gets dust under it all the time. I usually take my 8330 out of the Otter Box on weekends because I like the phone better naked.
    I just wash the plastic protector with water and dry, then put it back on for the week. I have done this over 20 times and my plastic skin cover is still in great condition. After doing this many times I can still get the plastic down smooth on the screen with no air bubbles.
    As for the camera, I just cut a hole in it for the camera and just blow the dust out or use a tissue to clean the camera lens.
    They make rugged phones for your line of work, but sadly not smart phones. Good you have Otterbox as the phone would be toast otherwise. I work in the industrial field, and without Otterbox it would be easy for the BB to get crushed by a forklift or bailer.
    07-30-10 11:03 PM
    Can I cut the hole with it on if I am very very careful? Use a kitchen knife?

John
    Dude just take the otter box apart and cut the hole. Its no big deal! If you try to cut it while its on the device, you will run the risk of damaging your camera lense.
    07-31-10 09:11 AM
    Dude just take the otter box apart and cut the hole. Its no big deal! If you try to cut it while its on the device, you will run the risk of damaging your camera lense.
    Got it done. Not a perfect cut, but my camera shots are good again. Thanks!!
    07-31-10 03:28 PM
    I just used a hole punch to do mine, worked grate
    08-01-10 09:12 AM
    Got it done. Not a perfect cut, but my camera shots are good again. Thanks!!
    Good deal!
    08-01-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD