Just wondering they replaced my storm after the 30 days and just sent me a new one with all accessories do i send them back with the old phone or just send the old phone back
    01-16-09 05:23 PM
    anyone know the answer
    01-16-09 05:38 PM
    Respectfully, did you have to bump your question only 15 minutes after it went unanswered?

What does the paperwork say? When VZW sent me a replacement the box included specific instructions on what I should send back. They explicitly said send only the phone---remove battery, etc, and don't send anything else back. If you want to be 100% you're doing the "right" thing, why not ask Verizon?
    01-16-09 05:47 PM
    i would not mind keeping the exta stuff
    01-16-09 05:55 PM
    I was sent a replacement, it was a brand new box, phone and accessories (as yours sounds like).

The paperwork specifically stated to send back phone with all the parts.

Honestly, the only thing that I really could have used extra was a battery. I deemed it not worth the potential effort of dealing with or paying for at full retail if I did get charged.
    01-16-09 05:55 PM
    yea that is true
    01-16-09 06:01 PM
    you get to keep it same thing happened to me they said just return the phone so i have a spare battery and sd card charger and headphones thats your reward for them not having refurbs in stock lol
    01-16-09 06:45 PM
    Send them everything back. People today have no morals.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 06:53 PM
    Morals got nothing to do with it. Verizon ships an instruction sheet with their replacement phones that tell you exactly what they want shipped back to them the OP should read the sheet and follow Verizon's instructions. Sometimes it says just the phone and sometimes they want everything back.
    01-16-09 08:28 PM
    If you dont send the accessories back (you dont have to), they will charge you for them... trust me... lol
    01-16-09 08:36 PM
    not true you must send back battery thats all.. TRUST ME you'll be fine
    01-16-09 08:47 PM
    Morals got nothing to do with it. Verizon ships an instruction sheet with their replacement phones that tell you exactly what they want shipped back to them the OP should read the sheet and follow Verizon's instructions. Sometimes it says just the phone and sometimes they want everything back.
    You're a 2bit punk and an outright thief.
    It's too bad you weren't handed out ethics when you were born, kid.
    01-16-09 08:51 PM
    You're a 2bit punk and an outright thief.
    It's too bad you weren't handed out ethics when you were born, kid.
    How is this being a punk or thief? If instructions say to send back only the phone, then they should only send back the phone. This is an issue to verizon if they are wanting all parts back. Apparently they should have done a little bit more quality testing before offering a phone that has so many issues. Many people can consider the ability to keep a battery/charger/sd card as a compensation to their hastle. Will Verizon sell these returned parts as new? These pars should be disposed of anyway, unless sold second hand as "used".
    01-16-09 09:18 PM
    We will be having one of ours replaced when the Verizon local notifies us the new one is in. They requested, via phone, that we bring everything back that came with the original and once there, keep the used accessories and return the new with used or phone or make a complete swap. One way or the other, a full package goes back. Seems fair. Better than trying to repub the system...
    01-16-09 09:18 PM
    Put yourself in their shoes & do whatever you feel is right. The fact is they can & probably will charge you for anything you decide to keep. If this swap was done in the store, they would give you just the phone. They would keep the new box, charger, memory card, battery, etc (unless you asked to swap battery & accessories from new phone for those from the old phone). Either way, full set to you = full set back to them.

Sure I'd like to keep the accessories that have come with every replacement phone I've every gotten. Heck, I'd have loved to keep my accessories from replacement phones, past and present, but that's just not how it works.

Karma & clear conscience
    01-16-09 09:58 PM
    i called vzw after i got the NEW phone in the box the rep told me to just send the PHONE back all other accessories were mine to keep including the battery he said they are received as possible repairable items and the phone is all they want
    01-16-09 10:25 PM
    Oh cool I'll just send them back the phone and keep the extras, its the least they could do w/so many damn problems and how inconvenient this has been for me.
    01-17-09 12:04 AM
    How is this being a punk or thief? If instructions say to send back only the phone, then they should only send back the phone. This is an issue to verizon if they are wanting all parts back. Apparently they should have done a little bit more quality testing before offering a phone that has so many issues. Many people can consider the ability to keep a battery/charger/sd card as a compensation to their hastle. Will Verizon sell these returned parts as new? These pars should be disposed of anyway, unless sold second hand as "used".
    If you're seriously defending the little twerp I have news for you as well: You're FOS! This lying sack of dog-dung was notified over the phone when he requested the new replacement that all accessories must be returned along with the phone...You are missing the point and are trying to defend a punk because YOU are equally dim witted and useless! I bet when a cashier asks for a total that you know doesn't add up in your favor-I bet you stay silent huh? Or when they give you over the amount due, you probably allow the cashier to screw up, huh? You're skum! Deal with it.

Don't even come back with the BS, "everyone has done that" line of crap.
    You simply are a classy-less ****.

We will be having one of ours replaced when the Verizon local notifies us the new one is in. They requested, via phone, that we bring everything back that came with the original and once there, keep the used accessories and return the new with used or phone or make a complete swap. One way or the other, a full package goes back. Seems fair. Better than trying to repub the system...
    This is what was told to every thief in this thread/ site.
    They think it's cool to steal, and I love talking to morons who think that lying by OMISSION is not considered lying!!!

It is.
    01-19-09 10:17 PM
    If you're seriously defending the little twerp I have news for you as well: You're FOS! This lying sack of dog-dung was notified over the phone when he requested the new replacement that all accessories must be returned along with the phone...You are missing the point and are trying to defend a punk because YOU are equally dim witted and useless! I bet when a cashier asks for a total that you know doesn't add up in your favor-I bet you stay silent huh? Or when they give you over the amount due, you probably allow the cashier to screw up, huh? You're skum! Deal with it.

Don't even come back with the BS, "everyone has done that" line of crap.
    You simply are a classy-less ****.

This is what was told to every thief in this thread/ site.
    They think it's cool to steal, and I love talking to morons who think that lying by OMISSION is not considered lying!!!

It is.
    WOW. Anger issues...
    Chill out dude. The simple fact of the matter is that people have been told
    conflicting reports.
    Grow up. No need for the attacks, name-calling, or tough-guy internet muscles.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD