I bought the hard plastic case from Verizon for my Tour (the snap on seen here on Verizon's site). My question is how do you get this thing off?? I've tried everything and fear I'll break it if I try much harder. It's got to be removable in order to access the battery, etc. without damaging it (or my phone...)

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
    09-12-09 09:25 AM
    throw it on the ground as hard as u can seriously though, those cases are junk from verizon, the best you u can do is break it and get a nice case though. as far as getting your case off right now, just pry as hard as you can with your hands, it will have to come off one way or another

I mean for 5 bucks you can get whats called an Epik Case that comes from Hong Kong and its by far one of the best cases for the Tour.

by the way, Welcome to Crackberry!!
    09-12-09 09:32 AM
    I'm seriously considering taking my phone to Verizon and telling them to get it off...

Thanks for the info about the Epik case... where do I find one for a tour? Ive checked Ebay but so far I don't see any for the tour. Edit: Nevermind! Found them!!

Still interested though in how to get this hard case off without breaking it in the meantime.

And thanks for the welcome!! :-)
    Last edited by krisann; 09-12-09 at 09:45 AM.
    09-12-09 09:40 AM
    I'm seriously considering taking my phone to Verizon and telling them to get it off...

Thanks for the info about the Epik case... where do I find one for a tour? Ive checked Ebay but so far I don't see any for the tour.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/re...-today-295750/

Thats the thread for the Epik case.

One of the best cases out there for the tour.
    09-12-09 09:45 AM
    Its easy to take off - same way you got it in. Just angle the corner and pull.

Once you get the hang of it its real easy
    09-12-09 10:09 AM
    I bought the hard plastic case from Verizon for my Tour (the snap on seen here on Verizon's site). My question is how do you get this thing off?? I've tried everything and fear I'll break it if I try much harder. It's got to be removable in order to access the battery, etc. without damaging it (or my phone...)

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?
    Just in case you don't know - you can press Alt-RightShift-Del all at the same time to mimic a battery pull. That can save some wear and tear. You can also get the FREE version of Quickpull which can also help.

But you may still need access to the inside so I'd suggest going to Verizon and having them show you how to open that case. There is probably some plastic flange or flap that needs more or less pressure to release a seam.
    09-12-09 10:34 AM
    Its easy to take off - same way you got it in. Just angle the corner and pull.

Once you get the hang of it its real easy

The problem Im having is that I can't get the back piece off at all. Once that part is off I know what you're talking about, I realized that was pretty tricky when I first put it on.
    09-12-09 02:06 PM
    Oh okay I understand. It can be pretty tricky to get that back cover off. The best thing to do is just push down on the lines and slide the piece right off. Its hard to explain but once you do it a few times it will be easy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 02:19 PM
    I bought the same case when I purchased my phone. When I went to take it off and I felt like I was going to damage the phone. I don't remember how I got it off but I know I never put it back on.
    09-12-09 02:31 PM
    Ok. This is easy. I had it on my Tour for a month. Flip the phone over. You will see little indented lines about 3/4 away down from the top. Press on those lines and at the same time, push and slide the piece up. It will slide off. The first couple times are kinda tricky, but you will get the hang of it. I have one reccomendation though. DON'T USE IT. The sliding on and off scratches the glass part around the camera lens. IT WILL LEAVE SCRATCHES. Otherwise the case is awesome. Hope this helped.

Also, doing alt/shift/del only does a soft reset. The only way to do a hard reset is to actually pull the battery and disconnect ALL power to the phone.
    Last edited by yurtletheturtle; 09-12-09 at 10:08 PM.
    09-12-09 09:46 PM
    Also, doing alt/shift/del only does a soft reset. The only way to do a hard reset is to actually pull the battery and disconnect ALL power to the phone.
    Supposedly, doing it a second time, when the unit first comes back is equivalent to a battery pull - at least, it was that way on the 8830.
    09-12-09 11:09 PM
    Maybe, but I have asked the tech at 2 different Verizon stores and both places have said the only way to do a "true" hard reset, is when the battery is taken out of the phone. If the battery is in the phone, it will still be supplying it with power. A "true" hard reset disconnects ALL power from the phone. In the end run it is whatever each person feels right for them. To each his own.
    09-12-09 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD