Anyone found a way to remove the clip from the included holster case? It looks like a great case, but I really don't want to wear the phone on my belt.
    07-13-09 10:26 AM
    Pretty sure thats not going to be possible without ruining the case.
    07-13-09 10:28 AM
    I did it, but it's still not a good pocketable pouch.
    Needle nose pliers to pinch the snaps inside the clip and bend the clip up. I was able to get it back on though.
    My old curve pouch actually works okay with the Tour.
    07-13-09 10:29 AM
    yeah i keep it in my pocket. if we could remove the clip i would be very happy with it.
    07-13-09 10:30 AM
    I did this to my 8830 case and it was a bit of a pain.

First you have to take the plasic rivet covers off, I used a flathead screw driver for this. Then you have to drill the rivets out. Make sure you drill a ways down so you don't leave burs from the otherside of the rivet sticking out.

That is all you need to do to get rid of it, but I advise you to be careful. PM me if you have any questions.
    07-13-09 10:32 AM
    My old curve pouch actually works okay with the Tour.
    Could you post a picture of your tour in the curve pouch? I'd like to see how it looks. Thanks!
    07-13-09 10:32 AM
    Could you post a picture of your tour in the curve pouch? I'd like to see how it looks. Thanks!
    why don't you just trade off or sell the case instead of destroying it? i'm sur there is some out there in need that may be able provide you the sleeve that you are looking for. try craigslist.
    07-13-09 10:34 AM
    07-13-09 03:15 PM
    Heres a pic of the Tour in the Curve leather pouch
    07-13-09 04:01 PM
    look like a good case
    07-13-09 04:01 PM
    Yeah it works fine for me. Only thing is that it doesnt put the phone to sleep. I guess the magnet is in a different spot on the tour and curve.
    07-13-09 04:04 PM
    Yeah it works fine for me. Only thing is that it doesnt put the phone to sleep. I guess the magnet is in a different spot on the tour and curve.
    I think the magnet is very low for the curve and needs to be higher for the Tour. Good to see i'll be able to use my OEM pouch from my curve until something better comes out.

I love my current Beyza pouch I have for my curve.
    07-13-09 04:08 PM
    Verizon also carries a pouch for the storm but i didnt like it. It was kinda bulky. Ill just stick with the one from my curve until they come out with a better one for the tour. Really want the Seidio Innocase if/when it comes out.
    07-13-09 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD