When I performed a hard reset, I noticed there were red x's on the side of my battery. Usually, when I see red I don't think it's a good thing..

Should I be worried?
    02-26-08 08:33 PM
    First off welcome to the forums and the Crackberry world.

The Red "X" on the battery could indicate a low battery situation...
    02-26-08 10:26 PM
    There is red x's when the battery has been water damaged, there should be a white sticker on it with a red line if it wasnt.
    Also, a malfunctioning battery, i.e over heating, could also change the line to x's.
    02-26-08 10:44 PM
    Water damage. You'll need to be getting a new battery (shopcrackberry.com) and if there's water damage throughout (there's more X stickers inside) maybe even a new device.

Welcome to CrackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 02:05 AM
    I was under the impression that the red X's was a good thing and once it has been damaged by water that it goes to the red line across...

guess i was wrong?
    02-27-08 02:10 AM
    If you need another battery at good price go on ebay.
    02-27-08 02:10 AM
    yeah i have red x's too...on all three batteries... and they have never gotten wet and they are all OEM rim batteries...

-db
    02-27-08 08:04 AM
    huh... my battery has a small white sticker next to the gold contacts, it's white with a red line through it. No Xs, NEVER touched water... odd.
    02-27-08 10:34 AM
    The battery included with the Curve I picked up from att last week does not have any red Xs on it, but instead has one red line on the same side where the battery contacts are.

Is your battery the same one that came with your Curve?
    02-27-08 10:36 AM
    I didn't check the battery before so I assume the X's were already there. I've never had my phone near water & whatnot.. I've been super careful with it.

Where are the other moisture indicators in the phone?
    02-27-08 10:12 PM
    I have heard that heat can also change the moisture indicator. so a hot battery can "supposedly" change that as well.

The indicator on the phone is vertically, above the SD card slot, and is a solid white square.
    02-27-08 10:16 PM
    Mmmmm.. ok, I'll take a look at the other indicator - if I can find it! I'm like tech-********! =p
    02-27-08 10:28 PM
    I'm sorry, its actually in the cut out for the SIM card, its a little white square. You can see it with the battery in still as well, just slide the cover off..
    02-27-08 10:30 PM
    I found it & it's still white - so that's a good thing?
    02-27-08 10:47 PM
    Yes, if its still white, that means it is NOT damaged. If you need a battery, read the other thread, i'll hook you up
    02-27-08 11:09 PM
    I have heard that heat can also change the moisture indicator. so a hot battery can "supposedly" change that as well.
    I've never heard of this and highly doubt that it would happen. I've had a huge number of phones, some of which get quite hot and even hotter when in my pocket and out on a hot summer day. I've never had a moisture sensor trip... well, except for that time I knocked a glass of water over my RAZR.

Anyway, I do know that the moisture in the air from a hot shower can wriggle its way into a phone and trip the sensors if you leave your phone in the bathroom while you take a hot shower.
    02-28-08 06:37 AM
    my battery in my bb has red x's on it too

a few months ago i had to exchange my bb for another one
    & when they did the switch they kept the new battery in the box & put my old battery into my new bb [so i have 2 batterys, 1old, 1 new]

i keep the new one for a backup, never have used it or anything, its been in the curve box ever since- ive never even charged it, & it has red x's on it too. maybe just low power?
    02-28-08 10:45 AM
    Based on what I was told, having your bb in the bathroom while showering can activate the moisture indicator. Its not enough water to damage the phone but will show that your phone has been exposed to moisture

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-08 10:56 AM
    Mines never been near humidity...
    02-28-08 11:00 AM
    hiiii
    i have the same problem...
    my phone was working perfectly i took out the battery
    and now when i turn on the phone a battery pops up with a big X
    covering it.. there is on water damage i checked the baack and everything
    i even tried 3 different batteries!!!!!

can anyone help?!?!?!
    01-22-11 06:35 PM
    Ya know this is really ANAL that this issue is so prevalent but NOBODY has a clue as to what it is. Brand new Torch and as soon as I plugged it in to charge I get the red X over the battery on MY SCREEN. My carrier, AT&T wont touch it or even replace my battery. They dont even sell batteries!! Blackberry.com doesnt even have a support line to call to ask. All Im told from Amazon wireless is to charge it for at least 8 hours to see what happens. What bullshrimp.....

I used to sell cell phones and this is the most bogus issue/resolution I have ever seen....
    02-02-11 07:21 PM
    x on my battery?
    04-29-13 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD