Just got a new Curve from Verizon.... What would some of you suggest are must have accessories? So far, I know I need

I have carried phones on my belt via a slide in case. This doesn't work to well for me, as I am a "larger" guy. I plan to slip the curve into my pocket to carry it.

1. Case: I am thinking about the Blackberry skin case.... If you have one...how do you like it?

2. Screen Protector: It is neccessary? I think probably so since I am carrying the BB in my pocket and I don't want the screen to get scratched by change and other stuff.

3. Memory Card: I plan to go ahead and get the 4 GB... isn't this the largest size a curve can access now? What are good brands? I saw that VZW had some on sale, but they were duracell, or someone that I didn't know made memory cards.

Any other suggestions? Any must have applications?

CD
    06-16-08 09:01 AM
    Just got a new Curve from Verizon.... What would some of you suggest are must have accessories? So far, I know I need

I have carried phones on my belt via a slide in case. This doesn't work to well for me, as I am a "larger" guy. I plan to slip the curve into my pocket to carry it.

1. Case: I am thinking about the Blackberry skin case.... If you have one...how do you like it?

If you mean the silicone ones, personally I hate them. To me they feel just ...nasty. Many other do like them however.

2. Screen Protector: It is neccessary? I think probably so since I am carrying the BB in my pocket and I don't want the screen to get scratched by change and other stuff.

Absolutely necessary, IMO.

3. Memory Card: I plan to go ahead and get the 4 GB... isn't this the largest size a curve can access now? What are good brands? I saw that VZW had some on sale, but they were duracell, or someone that I didn't know made memory cards.

The 8330 has OS 4.3 which can support up to an 8GB memory card. Stick with the known brand, Sandisk, PNY, Kingston.

Any other suggestions? Any must have applications?
    CD
    There is an accessories and a 3rd party apps section to CB. Cruise over the and check out some of the other users ideas, reviews, etc...

Welcome to CB
    06-16-08 09:08 AM
    I use the silicone skins on my Berry. And I love them! They protect the Berry and don't add bulk.

I don't currently have a screen protector but should as my Curve has a chip from a nasty spill he took onto the road while naked.

I don't know about brands of memory cards...I have a SanDisk.

All my opinions though...
    06-16-08 09:09 AM
    I personally do not like skins because they make it hard to slide the phone in and out of your pocket, especially when sitting down.

Also, I really like having a case or holster because of the sleeper magnet (which I love and is VERY handy)

If I would use a skin, I would definitely get a screen protector, but as I stated before I like my Berry naked and in all its glory. And for cases, I keep it simple and stick with the OEM pouch that came with my Curve and keep it in my pocket... I see no need to waste my money on anything else when the pouch gets the job done.

I would only recommend a microSD card for your Berry and then you are ready to fully utilize all of your devices power.
    06-16-08 09:12 AM
    Of course:

-Micro SD Card
    -Leather Blackberry Case
    -Silicone case for outside
    -Bluetooth earpiece

Thats about all I use.
    06-16-08 09:14 AM
    I love the little pouch that comes with it in the box. Any one dont want theirs just give me a shout!
    06-16-08 10:31 AM
    I would recommend an extended battery it will help
    06-16-08 10:35 AM
    Silicon skin.. Nice grip on your hand...
    Enjoy your new curve!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-08 10:47 AM
    I keep my blackberry in my pocket like you and didn't like the silicon skin cause it gets all lint-y. I got a clear plastic case on eBay which works and looks cool.

I tried a screen cling but it messes up the resolution a bit.

I added a memory card as well.
    06-16-08 11:59 AM
    I keep my blackberry in my pocket like you and didn't like the silicon skin cause it gets all lint-y. I got a clear plastic case on eBay which works and looks cool.

I tried a screen cling but it messes up the resolution a bit.

I added a memory card as well.
    Do you have a link to the plastic case?? I have been looking for a non-silicone one becuase of the lint issue as well.
    06-16-08 12:11 PM
    Hope I'm not stepping on Forum toes, but - I found a Speck (brand) plastic clear case for my Curve at a local brick & mortar phone store...the one that starts with a T. (Not a customer of them, but hey, they were close and the case was cheap).
    06-16-08 12:35 PM
    i use this case/belt clip i got form t mobile which i love and ador! Its clear so i can show off my green curve, and wear it like a fanny pack on my hip lol. Only 10 bucks too!!!
    06-16-08 02:04 PM
    Hope I'm not stepping on Forum toes, but - I found a Speck (brand) plastic clear case for my Curve at a local brick & mortar phone store...the one that starts with a T. (Not a customer of them, but hey, they were close and the case was cheap).
    ha that might be the same one im talking about Hi-Five!!
    06-16-08 02:06 PM
    I think I know the one you are talking about... Is this it?

CD

ha that might be the same one im talking about Hi-Five!!
    06-16-08 02:25 PM
    Get a charging cradle! It works and looks awsome!
    06-16-08 02:36 PM
    Which one? Are there many to choose from?

CD

Get a charging cradle! It works and looks awsome!
    06-16-08 02:40 PM
    I picked up a charging cradle for my 8330 last week. I actually ordered it from the CrackBerry store about two weeks ago and got it about 10 days ago (good shipping CrackBerry!). Before I made my decision I was looking at two options.

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content
    The first option is just the regular charging stand that you just prop the phone into and let it charge.

http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content
    This was the other option I considered and actually ended up going with. It charges the phone, displays it well and firmly holds it in place. Not to mention it also has a USB port for charging my Jawbone and a spot to charge my extra battery all at the same time. It works unbelievable and I will highly recommend it!

I decided to go with the more expensive one because of the extra functions it provides me and how it looks a bit sturdier for $70. However, the other stand is considerably less expensive at $25, and might be a better fit to your needs (and budget).

Good Luck!

P.S. I dont use any type of case or anything, simply because I always keep my phone in my pocket and I make sure not to keep anything else (keys, wallet, change, pens, etc) in that pocket so the phone is by itself. I dont have any scratches (aside from dropping it once) and the phone looks pretty damn good still. I feel like the rubber "condom" style cases make it very difficult to get the phone out of jeans and attract lint, while only making the phone larger.
    06-16-08 02:53 PM
    *leather case
    *micro SD card
    *blue ant ear piece (sooo sexy)
    *Google Maps (I'm cheap lol)
    06-16-08 02:58 PM
    Yup, that's it. But, my Seidio rubberized case arrived (FINALLY) today, and overall I like it much better.

egg
    06-16-08 05:28 PM
    first thing i put on any phone i have is a screen protector. then i grab a crystal case or silicon case. some people like the protection of the crystal case, some like the fact that the silicone case doesn't add bulk.
    06-16-08 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD