I have had 3 different on-ear bluetooth headsets for my curve 8330.

They were all Motorola ( only 60 bucks at Costco) and they all died with in 6 months. I am referring to the H710, H700 and H715

The problem with each of them is that I can hear the other person, but they can't hear me.

Yes, they are all paired correctly with my phone, but for some reason, I have had terrible luck with them.

Can someone recommend a solid bluetooth unit that I can take with me if I upgrade my phone soon ? - One that will function for longer than 6 months ?

( Also, I was looking closely at the Tour, but I am not convinced it will do anything much different than my trustworthy Curve 8330 will - though I am due for a new phone soon with Verizon. I am hoping Verizon will come out with someone that really is different than my current device. the curve is just so solid, I haven't been in a hurry to upgrade. ).

thanks for any thoughts.

Jason.
    11-14-09 02:25 PM
    I've had excellent results with BlueAnt products (Z9i in particular) and the RIM headsets look very promising too (HS-500 especially).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 02:50 PM
    I have had a ton of different Bluetooth Headsets and my favorites are two models from Plantronics.....the 925 or the newer 975....really clear on both ends and they come with a little storage case that has a battery in it that will charge the headset while in the case......very good idea.
    11-14-09 02:55 PM
    I have had a ton of different Bluetooth Headsets and my favorites are two models from Plantronics.....the 925 or the newer 975....really clear on both ends and they come with a little storage case that has a battery in it that will charge the headset while in the case......very good idea.
    thanks, Dawg - I broke down and got a different Motorola model. The only reason is that it was the only one at the store that had hands-free dialing. I bought the protection plan in case this one dies as well. - thanks.
    11-14-09 04:48 PM
    Just to add my two cents: my dad got one of the new Jawbone's, and while they are expensive, his got run over and spent the night in the wet and cold, and after being cleaned off, it still works, and works perfectly. It was totally worth the money after that.
    11-14-09 04:50 PM

They were all Motorola ( only 60 bucks at Costco) and they all died with in 6 months. I am referring to the H710, H700 and H715
    Weird. I bought a couple of Motorola BT headsets on eBay and had the same outcome ... dead around six months.

I now have an H700 that I bought from a T-Mobile store and I've now had it for awhile and totally love it. It's working perfectly still.

I think Motorola's Quality department could do a better job.

As long as the H700 I have keeps going, I'm gonna be happy. I love it. I hope it stays going strong.
    11-14-09 09:46 PM
    Just to add my two cents: my dad got one of the new Jawbone's, and while they are expensive, his got run over and spent the night in the wet and cold, and after being cleaned off, it still works, and works perfectly. It was totally worth the money after that.
    My wife washed her Jawbone in the laundry. She dried it and after a few days it worked like a charm. Since that time we have upgraded to the newest Jawbone and they continue to work great.
    11-14-09 09:53 PM
    Jawbone Prime is awesome. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-09 11:50 PM
    I have had my 1st gen jawbone for a while now and it works GREAT! has been dropped a few times and sat on in my back pocket a time or two and still works beautifully! I have also used the plantronics discovery 925 that a friend of mine told me that I "had to try" and WOW he was right! That will be MY next purchase when it comes to handsfree, bluetooth devices!
    11-19-09 09:13 PM
    The Plantronics Discovery and Voyager lines are a great way to go. The only reason I have been threw four of these is because I have always wanted to upgrade to the latest and greatest. All but one of those headsets still works and the non-working headset I was very rough on. I highly recommend their products and feel that they are some of the best in the business. The sound quality is honestly second to noe....
    11-20-09 08:39 AM

The problem with each of them is that I can hear the other person, but they can't hear me.

Yes, they are all paired correctly with my phone, but for some reason, I have had terrible luck with them.

Can someone recommend a solid bluetooth unit that I can take with me if I upgrade my phone soon ? - One that will function for longer than 6 months ?

( Also, I was looking closely at the Tour, but I am not convinced it will do anything much different than my trustworthy Curve 8330 will - though I am due for a new phone soon with Verizon. I am hoping Verizon will come out with someone that really is different than my current device. the curve is just so solid, I haven't been in a hurry to upgrade. ).

thanks for any thoughts.

Jason.
    Two words: Jawbone Prime.

End of thread.
    11-20-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD