07-16-09 11:55 PM
26 12
tools
    I will be heading to Best Buy today to pick up my first Blackberry, the new Tour! While I am there I would also like to pick up a carrying case to protect my phone going forward and was hoping everyone might be able to help me out with suggestions on which ones I should look into. Thanks for your help!
    07-16-09 09:40 AM
    It comes with a case.... maybe thats enough? I guess it depends on your "butterfinger" factor.
    07-16-09 09:44 AM
    I use the OEM Blackberry pouch for the 8830 had it for my storm and works great for the tour.......
    07-16-09 09:44 AM
    It comes with a case.... maybe thats enough? I guess it depends on your "butterfinger" factor.
    What kind of case? I hadn't seen any pictures or anything yet of it coming with a case.
    07-16-09 09:45 AM
    I use a pouch too, it protect the screen, track ball and miss dial.
    07-16-09 09:47 AM
    Its a leather slip case with a belt clip and magnetic strap. You will get to see it when they open the box to activate your phone. BTW... smart move to buy at BB, thats what I did. $99 for new customer.
    07-16-09 09:47 AM
    i can suggest not to get a case at best buy b/c you will prob over pay for it, i seem to like the gel skins, on my 8330 i had the bodyglove hard rubberized snap on case but it seemed that it was too bulky, depends on your liking, im sure there will be alot more cases available soon so you can get a cheap gel skin on ebay for 4 bucks and some change w/ free shipping thats what i am doing today.
    07-16-09 09:51 AM
    So far I'm only using the OEM case that came in the box. I'm sure I will get something different soon because I am almost as obsessed with accessories as I am with my phones

But so far the leather holster it came with is doing the job just fine.
    07-16-09 09:52 AM
    I only use the silicone skins for my berries and I like them a lot. If you're going to get one for the tour, I'd recommend the ones made by Blackberry.
    07-16-09 09:56 AM
    I will get the Innocase 360 when it comes out for the Tour...hopefully sooner rather than later.
    07-16-09 10:11 AM
    Just use the one it comes with Recommendation made!
    07-16-09 10:12 AM
    Where did you get the "pouch"? Bought my tour at BB but got a silicone case at Verizon. Too linty!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:13 AM
    I had the same question and so I called the CrackBerry store yesterday. She said the Otter Box is by far the best protection, however it adds bulk to the phone, and so may not be so attractive in your shirt pocket.

I personally use a silicon (rubber type) skin for my 8900 and think it's ok..albeit a little slippery at times.

Also, in the past, I have purchased Krusell leather cases, either from eBay or through the retailer SFPlanet.com online. The Krusell cases are spectacular, they are very sturdy, made of beautiful leather, are in two pieces that can be separated (one piece covers the front and the other the back in their entirety), include slots for SIM and SD cards and business cards, etc. and really protect the phone should you drop it (which I've done on numerous occasions).

There are a lot of choices, and it's really confusing, but I think in the end it boils down to personal preference and $$$, just like picking out a phone.

Good luck. Let us know what you decide and why, and what your impressions are.

Thanks!
    Last edited by andy957; 07-16-09 at 10:25 AM.
    07-16-09 10:16 AM
    I'd wait for a seidio case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 10:18 AM
    I'd wait for a seidio case.
    I wasn't familiar with the Seidio cases so I looked at their web site and they do indeed look very nice, and seem to offer good protection...

Decisions, decisions...
    07-16-09 10:29 AM
    I will be heading to Best Buy today to pick up my first Blackberry, the new Tour! While I am there I would also like to pick up a carrying case to protect my phone going forward and was hoping everyone might be able to help me out with suggestions on which ones I should look into. Thanks for your help!
    The case that comes with it is excellent. I use it horizontally.
    07-16-09 11:18 AM
    I wasn't familiar with the Seidio cases so I looked at their web site and they do indeed look very nice, and seem to offer good protection...

Decisions, decisions...
    Well they make an awesome case it worth waiting for.
    07-16-09 05:31 PM
    I'm going for the Otterbox once it is ready to ship. Check out pictures at the link below.

BlackBerry Tour 9600 Defender Case // OtterBox.com
    07-16-09 05:52 PM
    use the thread "BB Tour Cases and Accessories Only" it's got a lot of information on cases and accessories for the tour
    07-16-09 06:13 PM
    I'm waiting for the seidio hard case and then use it with my milfante leather case made for the BB Bold. It gives you more room in the case because it fits the bold. You could use it with the leather case supplied in the Tour box, but it would be a tight squeeze. I just bought a black rubberized hard case from amazon.com for $5, it's fine and looks good, but it's one that would prob break if I had to take the cover off. I know for fact the seidio soft touch cases can handle being taken on and off. The milfante case is terrific too.

Mabelline
    07-16-09 06:21 PM
    The case that comes with it is excellent. I use it horizontally.
    I can't figure out a way to remove the clip from the back of the holster case. Do you know how/if it can be done?
    07-16-09 11:30 PM
    I can't figure out a way to remove the clip from the back of the holster case. Do you know how/if it can be done?
    Unfortunately it cannot be removed. It's stuck on there for good.
    07-16-09 11:33 PM
    Unfortunately it cannot be removed. It's stuck on there for good.
    Bummer. This is why I like the Krusell cases so much, they're highly configurable.
    07-16-09 11:35 PM
    I'm getting the newly released Vaja balance case soon
    07-16-09 11:45 PM
    i'm hoping for iSkin to make one for the tour soon
    07-16-09 11:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD