05-18-10 05:21 PM
474 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I'm assuming/hoping you're saying this because you own an Epik case for the Tour yourself..rather than hearing/reading about how it fits.

If so; do you or anyone else know if the Epik case is thinner/thicker than the BlackBerry-branded silicone skin for the Tour?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think its thinner, but VERY close. The OEM skin was tight in the OEM holster, this case is less tight, but also fits easier due to the material.

A top notch case for the $$. though i may still get a feather case later
    08-25-09 11:55 AM
    Cool.

I'm not a big fan of any type of case or anything on my phone...but I think this Epik case me be the one case that I won't mind sporting on my Tour. I'm looking forward to getting it; I would have paid extra money for not having to wait half a lifetime to get it though. It's ok; patience is a virtue...which I don't have :P.

08-25-09 12:13 PM
    I'm assuming/hoping you're saying this because you own an Epik case for the Tour yourself..rather than hearing/reading about how it fits.

If so; do you or anyone else know if the Epik case is thinner/thicker than the BlackBerry-branded silicone skin for the Tour?

I own both. The Epik is a little thicker not by much though. The OEM is flimsy in comparison.

If and when you get the case you will that it adds a whole other feel to the device. Easier to hold and type as well.

Again I cannot recommend the case enough.

08-25-09 12:20 PM
    thanks for all the infomation on this case guys!

I ordered one myself just now.

one question though, well a stupid question..... when the case is on the Tour, do you think it will fit into a clip holster that i currently use?
    08-25-09 12:42 PM
    I've been waiting for a stiff case. Looks like this fits the bill. Ordered an orange and a black. Now, I wait.
    08-25-09 02:59 PM
    i bought one too last weekend. black. cant go wrong for $5 bucks. ill be buying the feather when its available tho. wonder when iskin is gonna get their head together and release one.
    08-25-09 03:40 PM
    Seems like a case I would want to buy ....

but everyone that order a black one finding out that its more of a brown color ????

also who has the best privacy screen protector???
    08-25-09 05:17 PM
    I have a silicone case from verizon, Is the Epik better than the silicone one from VZW?
    08-25-09 09:11 PM
    Still waiting for mine...
    08-25-09 11:03 PM
    Ordered two a week ago, so should be getting them next this weekend/early next week.
    08-25-09 11:06 PM
    Seems like a case I would want to buy ....

but everyone that order a black one finding out that its more of a brown color ????

also who has the best privacy screen protector???
    From what I've read, it isn't really black/brown... it's more of a smoke color.
    08-25-09 11:06 PM
    they need to release the innocase 360 for the tour. i hate getting stuff on my keys
    08-26-09 02:53 AM
    From what I've read, it isn't really black/brown... it's more of a smoke color.
    That is correct
    08-26-09 07:22 AM
    This case is awesome! I went from the OEM silicone sleeve to this one. It has a excellent feel when it's in your hands. Makes holding the phone much easier, IMO. It also fits very well in my holder. Slides right in not like the OEM which would get stuck. It's funny because in hand it feels like it's almost "sticky" but slides in and out of your pocket or holder with ease. They have a great prodcut on their hands!

Although I am raving about this one, I do have 1 small problem I noticed. I use my phone alot in the car as a music player and connect it through the radio via a cassette tape adapter. The case actually blocked a portion of the hole for the plug to fit in so I could not plug the adapter into my BB. Now this may just be the case I recieved and may not happen to others but I don't know. I just took a razorblade and sliced off the portion that was blocking the hole. Easy as that. Now the plug fits in fine. Does no compromise the case one bit.

Figured I throw that out there in case anyone else may experience the same thing. Like I mentioned though, the case it awesome and makes the feel of my phone so much better that the 1 issue I did have was really a non-issue to me anyway.

You'll love this case!
    08-26-09 09:00 AM
    I ordered up 2 for me and the wife last night...whats not to like about a case with a price point of $4.50 shipped!
    08-26-09 09:12 AM
    they need to release the innocase 360 for the tour. i hate getting stuff on my keys
    Just curious, what do you get on your phone? I don't think I've so much as wiped a hair from mine.
    08-26-09 10:24 AM
    This case is awesome! I went from the OEM silicone sleeve to this one. It has a excellent feel when it's in your hands. Makes holding the phone much easier, IMO. It also fits very well in my holder. Slides right in not like the OEM which would get stuck. It's funny because in hand it feels like it's almost "sticky" but slides in and out of your pocket or holder with ease. They have a great prodcut on their hands!

Although I am raving about this one, I do have 1 small problem I noticed. I use my phone alot in the car as a music player and connect it through the radio via a cassette tape adapter. The case actually blocked a portion of the hole for the plug to fit in so I could not plug the adapter into my BB. Now this may just be the case I recieved and may not happen to others but I don't know. I just took a razorblade and sliced off the portion that was blocking the hole. Easy as that. Now the plug fits in fine. Does no compromise the case one bit.

Figured I throw that out there in case anyone else may experience the same thing. Like I mentioned though, the case it awesome and makes the feel of my phone so much better that the 1 issue I did have was really a non-issue to me anyway.

You'll love this case!
    I like the case. I found similar cases and I believe they're made by the same manufacturer. Though, these were $15. Also, the correct color should be SMOKE GREY, and not BLACK.

I will use your razor blade/box cutter suggestion because my chargers won't fit into it. Thanks!
    08-26-09 11:08 AM
    I like the case. I found similar cases and I believe they're made by the same manufacturer. Though, these were $15. Also, the correct color should be SMOKE GREY, and not BLACK.

I will use your razor blade/box cutter suggestion because my chargers won't fit into it. Thanks!
    You got it! The case is thick enough as to where you won't hack the thing up by cutting a piece off plus you won't even really be able to tell you cut it. I cut just enough to make my plug fit!
    08-26-09 11:14 AM
    Just curious, what do you get on your phone? I don't think I've so much as wiped a hair from mine.
    just dust and stuff, or if i drop it on the ground dirt
    08-26-09 11:40 AM
    Wow, I guess I really baby mine. I've never dropped any of my Tour's. They live in my hands or the holster. I don't even have the phantomskinz screen protector on anymore.

Now my Razr V3C...that was a different story. That sucker ate dirt daily. But it could take it. It was a phone of steel. I've never had such an awesome piece of kit. It still functions perfectly to this day even after being used as a hockey puck.
    08-26-09 11:44 AM
    Anyone heard when the Incipio Feather will be ready for the Tour?
    08-26-09 12:02 PM
    i received my case last week and i must say that this is the best case i have seen for the tour as of yet. It doesnt add much bulk or feels like it will fall off or become damaged in any way. The best part is that it hugs the Tour beautifully unlike the OEM silicone case where its kinda flimsy on the sides. I also did notice that the earphone jack was not 100% aligned but i dont ever use that jack anyways so no worries on my part. I provided pics for your viewing pleasure!

08-26-09 01:15 PM
    turbo, thanks a lot for the pics!!! that case definitely looks like a winner!
    08-26-09 01:31 PM
    I ordered my case last Monday, shipped Tuesday and I received it today. I thought I wouldn't get it before the 31st.

I love the case. I bought a generic silicone one on eBay. It's pretty bad. It's really loose and has an opening 2 inches wide and half an inch thick on the bottom. I think the manufacturer took an iPhone skin model and used it since the opening would be for the iPhone's USB. I have a touch and put it in there to see and it fits other than the thickness.

Anyway, this case is awesome. Very snug fit. Even though the color is a smokey gray, putting it on the Blackberry makes it look black. You can't see the pattern unless you put it under a light. Some of the headphone jack is covered but that's easy to fix. The buttons on the side are little more difficult to press. At the same time, I would sometimes hit the voice command button by accident, I don't think I will have that happening anymore. I was going to get an OEM but this is perfect.
    08-26-09 01:40 PM
    turbo, thanks a lot for the pics!!! that case definitely looks like a winner!
    Ditto!

I'm SO glad that I order these (3 actually)! I wasn't so sure about the subtle pattern at first, but now I think I like it.
    08-26-09 01:58 PM
474 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD