05-18-10 05:21 PM
474 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I ordered 10 days ago and still don't have mine. Grrrr...
    08-20-09 08:49 AM
    Just got mine today!! I ordered it on the the 8th, so it took about a week and a half to arrive (east coast). The case is great! Fit perfectly, and didn't add too much bulk. I will definitely be ordering additional colors. For $5, you can't go wrong. I like this case more than my Incipio feather, and that was $20 and my OEM silicone case. It also includes a little cloth and a screen protector too.

If you haven't ordered yet, I highly recommend it.
    When did you get the feather? I actually ordered my epik in anticipation of that case haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 09:03 AM
    does it fit in the holster?

does it slide in and out well or na?
    08-20-09 10:34 PM
    I'm thinking about ordering this case; can someone tell me how long it took for the case to arrive from the point of purchase to when it was actually delivered? Also; did you guys purchase insurance on the shipping? (Not that it's a high dollar item to purchase insurance on necessarily; but just wondering).

Also; when you view the thickness of this skin w/ that of the OEM silicone one..is there a considerable difference?

Thanks.
    08-21-09 12:10 AM
    Hrmm hrmm.. this or the Innocase II..

Decisions decisions!
    08-21-09 12:28 AM
    I just ordered this sucker.
    08-21-09 12:43 AM
    just ordered one.
    08-21-09 01:24 AM
    just ordered mine. cant go wrong with 5 bucks!
    08-21-09 01:37 AM
    I just ordered this case online, is the charging port that difficult to use with the case on with just the standard charging cord?
    08-21-09 04:47 AM
    This looks great and u can't argue with the price. 2 things:

1. Do the sides on the bezel stay true to form? Would they protect the chrome bezel or provide enough depth to cushion the front face or keys from taking damage in the event of a fall?

2. Is the material thin enough that 2 holes could be cut out the back for charging in the pod wo/ removing the cover every night?

Thanks!

08-21-09 05:34 AM
    After using this case for a few days I have noticed a few issues:

1) if you press the right or left side buttons, or volume, you get a screen ripple (but not for the standby)

2) if you plug the charger in, it will often come out just enough to stop charging -- like last night, it never charged

3) i have a dock and this case requires me to remove it, obviously

Overall the case feels great and is smooth and easy to remove from my pocket, but the other downsides makes me want Innocase II even more
    08-21-09 07:05 AM
    2. Is the material thin enough that 2 holes could be cut out the back for charging in the pod wo/ removing the cover every night?

Thanks!

you know, i hadnt thought of this...maybe ill try it
    08-21-09 07:06 AM
    Kingzee: great tip!

Might as well join the crowd. Who cares if I have a case for each day of the week! Just ordered and will try modifying for use with the charging pod. No problems with the OEM skin stretching due to removing for pod charging, but it would be nice to just drop it it.
    08-21-09 07:36 AM
    Ordered mine but I don't know if I want to give up using my charging pods for this case. grrr
    Last edited by japjoe7; 08-21-09 at 08:34 AM.
    08-21-09 08:31 AM
    Wish it covered the top portion where you hold the phone up to your ear like the Verizon case does. I have the Verizon case and love it for covering that section but hate it at the same time for being so damn thick.
    08-21-09 08:50 AM
    After using this case for a few days I have noticed a few issues:

1) if you press the right or left side buttons, or volume, you get a screen ripple (but not for the standby)
    You're saying the 'Epik' Skin/Case causes the screen ripple?! Are you sure?

Cereal Killer and Kingzee...what are the downsides you guys have noticed with your Epik Skin/Case?

08-21-09 11:36 AM
    Here's my glamour shots. Pretty blurry so ill take better ones in the morning.

Paired to phantomskinz front currently. Bezel is really scratched up but this solved the problem haha.
    How do you manage to take such blurry pics in the day and age of auto-focus and image stabilization?
    08-21-09 11:49 AM

Cereal Killer and Kingzee...what are the downsides you guys have noticed with your Epik Skin/Case?

nothing. Its been perfect. I don't have a complaint.

08-21-09 12:03 PM
    Just ordered mine today after reading everyone's positive posts. for $5 you can't beat it!
    08-21-09 12:08 PM

I listed my downsides on page 2 or 3 I think. But here they are again as far as I'm concerned.

I literally cannot stick my charger into my phone's charger b/c of the case. I have to take it off each time. I CAN get it in just a little, but then it slips out each time.

My other issue was that the bulge on the outside of the keys interfered with comfortable typing. I learned to adjust though.

Lastly, it can easily get greasy lookin' and feeling.

I'm getting both of these now though:

Cases and Accessories - Ultra Light Feather Slim Form Fitted Case for BlackBerry Tour 9630 - BlacK

Cases and Accessories - dermaSHOT Silicone Case for BlackBerry Tour 9630 - Black
    08-21-09 12:14 PM
    Wow - that's a HUGE price difference. $5 bucs vs. $20 big ones plus shipping too!

For $4.99 I think i'll stick with the Epik. But, both the case you went with do look very nice. Espeically the thin one that will be avail soon.

Guess shipping is free. that's good.
    08-21-09 12:19 PM

this is my Tour #2, the first one didn't have any ripple, and i returned it and then started using this case. so i cant say if its both or just this new tour (#2). The ripple is only bad if you really press hard on it. its not terrible.

Honestly, i am about to order the innocase II and probably never use this one again.
    08-21-09 12:20 PM
    Ordered 2. For $4.50 each, I won't be mad if it doesn't live up to expectations.
    08-21-09 01:36 PM
    this is my Tour #2, the first one didn't have any ripple, and i returned it and then started using this case. so i cant say if its both or just this new tour (#2). The ripple is only bad if you really press hard on it. its not terrible.

Honestly, i am about to order the innocase II and probably never use this one again.
    The insanity.......I cannot believe people say and do these stupid things.

"I broke my other foot yesterday. It seems to happen when I have my brother back the car over it. Not sure if it's the car itself or if it's my Nike's, but I wont be wearing them anymore"

Unbelievable : )
    08-21-09 01:38 PM
    The insanity.......I cannot believe people say and do these stupid things.

"I broke my other foot yesterday. It seems to happen when I have my brother back the car over it. Not sure if it's the car itself or if it's my Nike's, but I wont be wearing them anymore"

Unbelievable : )

lol, im not talking about on the front of the screen brah. I'm talking about the quick buttons on the side with my case on. sheesh. without the case, it never happens.
    08-21-09 01:47 PM
474 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD