05-18-10 05:21 PM
474 ... 16171819
tools
    I got mine today...finally!! I bought it off Ebay on 10/19. It is pretty good so far except for one thing on my Bold. It is really hard to push the standby/mute button on top. I use Auto Standby all the time so I am hitting that button on and off a lot. So, I took some sharp scissors and made the top slot for the speakerphone longer. Now there is an opening where the standby/mute button is and I can press it just like before. I think the problem with the case in that area is that they needed some thicker plastic over the button area so that you don't have to push down with the end of your finger nail to press it through the case.
    11-05-09 07:31 PM
    Got mine today as well for my Tour. (We ordered on the same day sdmcwilliams)
    I really like the material, it's stiff and glossy (slightly slick). It doesn't seem as thick as the silicon one I got through VZW, and it covers all of the chrome trim which I think looks better than most cases that don't.

I have to trim a bit off around the headphone jack, which I had expected after reading these posts, and also around the USB jack, which was also no surprise.

For $5, absolutely worth it. I may order another one in another color soon. I think they are switching to only the Pro cases. Not sold on what color though. I have black now.

The pattern (again, this is the black. Slightly translucent):

The headphone port:

The USB port (There's some extra space around it, but not enough for the plug to fit in tightly):
    Last edited by Mr.Monty; 11-05-09 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Added some photos
    11-05-09 09:23 PM
    Got mine today as well for my Tour. (We ordered on the same day sdmcwilliams)
    I really like the material, it's stiff and glossy (slightly slick). It doesn't seem as thick as the silicon one I got through VZW, and it covers all of the chrome trim which I think looks better than most cases that don't.

I have to trim a bit off around the headphone jack, which I had expected after reading these posts, and also around the USB jack, which was also no surprise.

For $5, absolutely worth it. I may order another one in another color soon. I think they are switching to only the Pro cases. Not sold on what color though. I have black now.
    I love the feel of it in my hand. It really makes the BlackBerry feel richer.

I also might recommend that you take a look at the clear edition. I love mine.
    11-05-09 09:33 PM
    I received mine yesterday. Compared to the original, the pro case is much improved. Cut outs are bigger and teh face opening is wider so it is easier to type. Everyting is aligned and no pattern looks much cleaner!!!
    11-06-09 12:59 PM
    I received mine yesterday. Compared to the original, the pro case is much improved. Cut outs are bigger and teh face opening is wider so it is easier to type. Everyting is aligned and no pattern looks much cleaner!!!
    Way cool. I am going to order one of these. I love the idea of a clear case with no pattern! Thanks for the good post.
    11-07-09 03:30 PM
    Got mine last week and it fit perfectly as usual, didnt need to make any opening adjustments. I love these case, I just hate the 2 week wait, I wish they were closer.
    11-10-09 11:37 AM
    I got mine today...finally!! I bought it off Ebay on 10/19. It is pretty good so far except for one thing on my Bold. It is really hard to push the standby/mute button on top. I use Auto Standby all the time so I am hitting that button on and off a lot. So, I took some sharp scissors and made the top slot for the speakerphone longer. Now there is an opening where the standby/mute button is and I can press it just like before. I think the problem with the case in that area is that they needed some thicker plastic over the button area so that you don't have to push down with the end of your finger nail to press it through the case.
    I have that same issue (auto standby and some difficulty triggering the mute button). I'm a little wary of trying what you did though. You say it works well now? How does it look? Any chance you could post a pic? Thanks!
    11-10-09 06:53 PM
    i have a black (smoked) epik pro case for the Tour that i really dont want. Ill sell it for $6 shipped if anyone wants to take it. Its the new gen so it has the larger cutouts and so forth.
    11-18-09 07:23 AM
    I live in Los Angeles and picked up both of those exact cases from a local cell phone store (Kila Kila Wireless in Santa Monica at Broadway and 4th). I'd prefer the clear case without the pattern but I still love it. I try and rotate the cases but I really love the clear one and almost miss it when I use the smoked grey one. Not that the smoked one isn't extremely cool too.
    I have the $4.99 smoked black and am interested in the $6.99 clear black. One difference that I think I notice is that on mine (the $4.99 one), the sides of the case curve around the front of the phone quite a ways and pretty much cover the chrome, whereas the $6.99 case doesn't seem to come up and around as far and cover as much chrome.

Is that correct? If so, one thing I like about the $4.99 version is that I can put it face down on a table and the keys/trackball don't seem to touch the table. Is that the same with the $6.99 case? Or do the keys/trackball touch the surface?

Also, with the $4.99 version, you can really feel the edge of the case when typing on the keys that are around the edge. I suspect that with the $6.99 case, the edge of the case doesn't get in the way as much. Is that correct?

I'll probably just get the $6.99 case, but I thought I would throw out these questions anyway.

Thanks!
    11-18-09 05:48 PM
    Will the 8900 case work well with the 9700,
    seeing as they dont offer a 9700 case as yet,
    or do they?
    11-24-09 04:17 PM
    this may sound like a silly question..but the epik pro for the tour..is it a hard case snap on?..I would really prefer to NOT have a hardcase..if so, does the regular crystal gel case (with pattern) now have the correct sized cutouts??..any info would be greatly appreciated..thx!
    11-30-09 05:11 PM
    The non-pro case still isn't cut properly. There's a disclaimer on their eBay for it, so I would assume it won't be getting fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 05:55 PM
    ok..but is the pro case a hard case?..the description says hard case, but they show a picture of it being bent ??
    11-30-09 05:58 PM
    ok..but is the pro case a hard case?..the description says hard case, but they show a picture of it being bent ??
    the pro case is the same exact material as the other cases.

it just has not pattern, therefore making much more see-thru.

I have epik cases for sale if you would like to buy 1 or more...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/wts...8520-a-374104/
    11-30-09 06:04 PM
    thanks ..I'll take a look at it
    11-30-09 06:20 PM
    Just bought the black Epik on ebay for $6.99 with free shipping for my 9700...and it ships from USA WOOT WOOT
    12-03-09 12:15 PM
    Hey Justin...your the guy I just bought it off of from ebay LOL
    12-03-09 12:35 PM
    Got mine today from eBay and I only have one concern. When in the case, the phone seems to enter some kind of sleep/standby mode where I have to hold in a button to turn the screen on. When it's out of the case, I can just tap any button and the screen lights, but in the case I have to hold the button down for a few seconds to wake the phone up. Ideas? Or is this normal?
    12-11-09 07:35 PM
    Does anyone know of a good privacy screen for bb bold 9000
    01-10-10 05:56 PM
    I am interested in buying one of these, but the buttons are covered with the plastic? I had bought a similar case from Verizon store with the buttons covered, and it just seemed like too much of an effort to push in on a piece of plastic to use my buttons. Any comments on this?
    01-24-10 08:14 AM
    The case does cover the external buttons - forcing a "bit" of effort to use, but in my opinion, it's something you'll get used to. Not a big deal.

Mine only took like 9 days to ship to Ontario, Canada and for the $8 I paid for it from the site - I'm extremely happy with it to protect my Storm 2!

I personally think this is the next top case out there!
    02-01-10 09:59 AM
    Got mine today for my 8330 curve. Is there any belt clip that these will fit into with the case on?
    02-12-10 02:25 PM
    Got mine today for my 8330 curve. Is there any belt clip that these will fit into with the case on?
    I know Epik cases has a brand of belt clips that are made for their case. Should be able to find it on ebay.

As for the Epik case i ordered over 3 weeks ago from ebay... Still hasnt gotten here yet. =[ Whats funny was that i found Justin's site two days after i ordered it from ebay, purchased a second one but from Justin this time, and been rocking one of his for the past two weeks. Glad i got one earlier because my storm took a crucial fall from my shoulder to asphalt yesterday and it came out without a ding!
    02-13-10 10:55 AM
    I am getting my first smart phone and one thing I notice is that u have to charge them daily. It seems like being able to use a charging pod would be a huge benefit. R there any pods that will work with the gel or the silicone skins. Seems like it would be a pain to plug the phone in every day vs using a pod.
    You don't have to charge daily on blackberry unless you use the blackberry a lot such as using internet every minute for hours and hours. If I only used text messaging and calling. I only charged every two days, almost three days.
    02-16-10 07:18 PM
    i agree. i only have to charge every 3 days or so.
    02-21-10 04:01 PM
474 ... 16171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD