05-18-10 05:21 PM
474 ... 1516171819
tools
    I am interested in getting a case, but not sure which to get. I want a black one, but it seems there is two different kinds.

1 SOFT EPIK PRO Skin Crystal Case Blackberry Tour 9630 - $6.99
    BLACK Soft Crystal Gel Hard Case Blackberry Tour 9630 - $4.99

What is the difference between these two? Also, are the clear screen protectors good?
    .do u have a link for these? .they may just be the same item but worded differently .as far as the screen protectors (if ur refering to the ones that come with these cases) they're not b ad as all, i have yet to see a lift or bubble in mine &nd my face is kinda oily from the lotion i use :-\ ehh...
    10-24-09 02:18 AM
    .do u have a link for these? .they may just be the same item but worded differently .as far as the screen protectors (if ur refering to the ones that come with these cases) they're not b ad as all, i have yet to see a lift or bubble in mine &nd my face is kinda oily from the lotion i use :-\ ehh...
    I can't post links due to post count, so I will paste the item number below.

1 SOFT EPIK PRO Skin Crystal Case Blackberry Tour 9630 - $6.99 - 250517807328

BLACK Soft Crystal Gel Hard Case Blackberry Tour 9630 - $4.99 - 250498688448
    10-24-09 09:30 AM
    I can't post links due to post count, so I will paste the item number below.

1 SOFT EPIK PRO Skin Crystal Case Blackberry Tour 9630 - $6.99 - 250517807328

BLACK Soft Crystal Gel Hard Case Blackberry Tour 9630 - $4.99 - 250498688448
    the only obvious thing i can see is that the epik case is semi see-through and the other brand is solid (the def dnt look the same though)
    10-24-09 09:40 AM
    the only obvious thing i can see is that the epik case is semi see-through and the other brand is solid (the def dnt look the same though)
    After reading the page more I found out that the $6.99 one is a HARD SNAP ON case. The other is the softer, flexible case for $4.99.

Which is better? Hard snap on case or the softer one?
    10-24-09 11:08 PM
    After reading the page more I found out that the $6.99 one is a HARD SNAP ON case. The other is the softer, flexible case for $4.99.

Which is better? Hard snap on case or the softer one?

yea i figured the solid one was a snap on case. (personally) id go for the softer one. i had a few hard cases and they tend to scratch the chrome off ur berry. and if u ever drop it with the hard case on 9 times outta 10 its just gonna pop right off and expose ur berry vs the soft gel case which is REALLY snug if u drop that u pretty much wont hurt ur berry (on the outside)

...hope that helps a little
    10-25-09 07:44 AM
    I used this case for about a month (maybe more). I really liked it, not love but like. I got tired of the feel and look, so I decided to go naked for the first time with my Tour. This phone is robbed of its appeal in a case, IYAM. It feels so much better in the hand, and the keys are more accessible and seem to work better sans case. For now, a screen protector and nothing else. Maybe an Invisi Shield later.
    Just be careful, it's slick without the case. A lot of people have literally sent their Tours flying (out of their hands or when taking out of their holsters )due to that slickness. They quickly got skins/cases!
    10-25-09 04:35 PM
    I used this case for about a month (maybe more). I really liked it, not love but like. I got tired of the feel and look, so I decided to go naked for the first time with my Tour. This phone is robbed of its appeal in a case, IYAM. It feels so much better in the hand, and the keys are more accessible and seem to work better sans case. For now, a screen protector and nothing else. Maybe an Invisi Shield later.
    I got tired of the bulk in 5 days. A naked phone looks classy anyday.
    10-26-09 05:46 AM
    Today is the 19th day since it was shipped out. Hopefully it gets here SOON!
    10-30-09 04:57 AM
    LOL, at finding this thread. I've had my eyes on the Epik case for loooooonnnnng time, and finally bought mines (2, no pattern) yesterday! Hooray for DCMUGEN!
    10-30-09 03:55 PM
    If the charger port hole has been redisigned can some one please post a picture?
    10-30-09 04:14 PM
    What's the difference with the Epik Pro?
    10-30-09 09:41 PM
    What's the difference with the Epik Pro?
    The cutouts are bigger so you have no problem charging the phone or listening to music.
    10-30-09 09:53 PM
    I love my epik case it is so easy to remove I just slip it off put on my charging pod and put it back on in the morning. I have several colors for my tour ....cant bet it for the price..
    10-30-09 10:22 PM
    I love my Epik case. I have two. The black/smoked version and the clear version. Both are awesome and I alternate between them but my clear favorite is the clear case.

Lately there has been a weird issue developing with the clear case. There is a purpleish line that has developed along the crome bezel on the right side of the case. When the case is on the phone, it really isn't noticeable but when you take the case off, it is very apparent.

It's like someone took a purple felt pen and drew a thick line on the inside ridge of the case.

Has anyone had this happen to their case and if so has anyone found a way to remove this? I tried Windex and some mild cleaners but nothing seems to work to remove it.

Any thoughts?
    11-01-09 08:17 PM
    I love my Epik case. I have two. The black/smoked version and the clear version. Both are awesome and I alternate between them but my clear favorite is the clear case.

Lately there has been a weird issue developing with the clear case. There is a purpleish line that has developed along the crome bezel on the right side of the case. When the case is on the phone, it really isn't noticeable but when you take the case off, it is very apparent.

It's like someone took a purple felt pen and drew a thick line on the inside ridge of the case.

Has anyone had this happen to their case and if so has anyone found a way to remove this? I tried Windex and some mild cleaners but nothing seems to work to remove it.

Any thoughts?
    DIRTY TOUR!!
    .. that's the only thing I can think of..
    11-02-09 07:59 PM
    DIRTY TOUR!!
    .. that's the only thing I can think of..
    Nah. I have an 8900, not the Tour but I'm clean bordering on compulsive. I wipe down my 8900 every morning with a Windex wipe. It's not dirt. Just a purple line along the inside lip. I think it might be some interaction with the InvisibleShield I have on the phone.
    11-02-09 08:11 PM
    Today is the 19th day since it was shipped out. Hopefully it gets here SOON!
    As of today, it's been three weeks since I placed my order! I'm getting scared my package was lost in transit.
    Has it taken anyone longer than three weeks to receive theirs?
    11-02-09 08:18 PM
    As of today, it's been three weeks since I placed my order! I'm getting scared my package was lost in transit.
    Has it taken anyone longer than three weeks to receive theirs?
    Comes from Hong Kong. So it's going to take some time. But 3 weeks seems way too long. I'd send an email and ask for confirmation that your order was processed.
    11-02-09 10:26 PM
    I finally received the case today. I put the case on and within a minute reverted back to the silicone case I've been using.

It appears to be a nice case bit there is no cut-out for the mute button on the top of the device. For that simple fact, I won't be using this case. Even if there was a cut-out, the case is thick which would make pressing the mute/standby very difficult.

Oh well...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 05:43 PM
    Comes from Hong Kong. So it's going to take some time. But 3 weeks seems way too long. I'd send an email and ask for confirmation that your order was processed.
    The package finally arrived today! Hooray!
    11-03-09 06:23 PM

Any thoughts?
    Try a little car wax on a Q-tip.
    11-03-09 08:29 PM
    everyone says these cases are the best. i think i need to get one!
    11-04-09 12:44 AM
    Try a little car wax on a Q-tip.
    Tried rubbing toothpaste on it. Nothing. Then read your post and got a Pledge Wipe (has wax in it) and that didn't do anything either.
    11-04-09 02:06 PM
    everyone says these cases are the best. i think i need to get one!
    Been using mine for 2-3 months now. Love it.
    11-04-09 02:07 PM
    got mine yesterday 1 orange one for the tour and a green one for my fiance's curve. i really like it but wish they would of anticipated that the original series do not work with with the USB port and may of suggested the Pro version, for i would of got that one. other than that i really like it and the usb "hole" problem aint that big o deal. best part it dont pick up pocket lint!
    11-05-09 01:43 PM
474 ... 1516171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD