05-18-10 05:21 PM
474 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Any smart business person would buy a bulk of cases from Hong Kong, mark it up 100% (not including shipping) and sell them online. Not saying that's what they did, but that's certainly the same case there. Perhaps they get theirs from the same place the Hong Kong place does. I would imagine that these are probably manufactured overseas - and probably Hong Kong, which is why the price is so low at the eBay store.
    Zee, What can you say about the Incipio Feather case, is the Epik better? Better protection, look? What about the Incipio Feather that is now available.

Thanks!\
    09-10-09 01:57 PM
    Zee, What can you say about the Incipio Feather case, is the Epik better? Better protection, look? What about the Incipio Feather that is now available.

Thanks!\
    I don't have the Incipio Feather but I do have the Seidio Snap arriving today (Fedex overnight) and they are in the same family as far as the style of case. From what I can see from photos, they have their differences. I plan to do a first look/review of it.

But, as far as protection, I don't think the Incipio Feather will protect your phone as good as the Epik case. The Epik case is not a hard plastic, but is a gel case that is thicker than the Feather, so it should absorb any shock much better. It also covers the phone better all around. Neither protect the front of the phone, but the Epik doesn't leave anything open on the back, nor the sides. It also covers up the chrome.

At the end of the day, it's always about preference. The only right case (and phone for that matter) is the one that meets YOUR needs.
    09-10-09 02:04 PM
    At the end of the day, it's always about preference. The only right case (and phone for that matter) is the one that meets YOUR needs.
    Amen - I am a case junkie and have both of Seidio (I and II), Epik and just bought the casemate barely there. Now thinking of the INCIPIO Feather.
    09-10-09 02:08 PM
    Amen - I am a case junkie and have both of Seidio (I and II), Epik and just bought the casemate barely there. Now thinking of the INCIPIO Feather.
    If you get the INCIPIO let us know! I just ordered three Epiks from ebay for 14.xx after insurance. I got the Smoked Black, Crystal Clear, and the Electric Blue...here's to hoping they're sweet!
    09-11-09 08:13 AM
    I want my Epik cases to get here. They were shipped out on September 3rd, so im guessing ill get them around the 18th or so.
    09-11-09 08:17 AM
    Me and the wife just received our cases last night...let me tell you for $4.50 a piece they are well worth the wait! They fit perfect, but you will need to cut out the charging port to make the micro usb fit correctly. I cut off an extra 2mm on each side, if you use a small sharp scissors it works like a charm. Take your time and make small cuts when you are going along each side, its pretty straight forward.

The pink looks great on my wife's and I love the look of the smoked gray on mine...best $9 I've ever spent on protection!
    09-11-09 08:52 AM
    got my case last night - definitely worth the $5. sure, there is a slight fitment issue with the headphone jack and the charger port, but headphones work fine, and the berry charges (the cable is easy to yank out though as it doesnt "click" in)

only issue is the buttons - the lack of cutouts bothers me. even though the gel is thin over the buttons, its still hard to "feel" the buttons out and to press them. switching songs using the volume keys becomes an exercise in patience. thinking of taking a sharp knife to these and making cutouts for the buttons. has anyone done this btw?
    09-11-09 09:18 AM
    Ordered mine on Sept 1st and received it today in Colorado on Sept 11, just did the free shipping, didn't expect it this fast.

The case is awesome, just need to cut out the charger port which I knew about from this post, for the price you can't beat it. I do wish it didn't have the argile pattern on it though, I think it would look better, with that being said I just ordered a blue one.
    09-11-09 06:33 PM
    Ordered mine on Sept 1st and received it today in Colorado on Sept 11, just did the free shipping, didn't expect it this fast.

The case is awesome, just need to cut out the charger port which I knew about from this post, for the price you can't beat it. I do wish it didn't have the argile pattern on it though, I think it would look better, with that being said I just ordered a blue one.
    I ordered mine on sept 1st and got it shipped sept 2nd and Im still waiting for it, I am in Pennsylvania.
    09-11-09 09:08 PM
    Mine shipped out on August 31 and I have yet to receive it. I'm in Ohio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 10:17 PM
    Mine shipped out on August 31 and I have yet to receive it. I'm in Ohio.
    FWIW, I ordered on 8/27 and received it today, (9/11), in PA. They did, however, email when it was shipped, and when it cleared customs. They also shot me an email when they received my color request email.

All in all, great customer service and an outstanding product. Also sent the wiping cloth and screen protector!
    09-11-09 10:49 PM
    can someone please post up pics of the white case?? i kinda want to switch between my smoked color one and maybe a white one...TIA!
    09-12-09 01:37 AM
    Just received mine in. And I'm LOVING it. Feels so much nicer in the hands. I wasn't expecting it this soon.

Ordered last Friday on the 4th, and just received it today on the 12th. I'm in NYC
    09-12-09 01:39 PM
    Just received mine in. And I'm LOVING it. Feels so much nicer in the hands. I wasn't expecting it this soon.

Ordered last Friday on the 4th, and just received it today on the 12th. I'm in NYC
    Can you post some pictures? Thanks.
    09-12-09 02:35 PM
    Got mine today. Love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 02:43 PM
    shipped the 4th got in the 11th. Phone feels great in my hands, better then the silcone case. does not have the sticky-tacky feel that the silcone case have. my hand are on the big side and it feels like a get a better grip on the phone.
    09-12-09 06:47 PM
    Got mine a couple days ago. Fits perfect, feels great in the hand, and it still fits nicely in the stock case. Overall very very happy. Best $5 I have ever spent on a phone accessory.
    09-12-09 06:51 PM
    i have this same case but for the bold
    i love it!
    today i had my bold in my hand and my friend accidently knocked it out of my hand when he was pointing at something.
    it took a hard fall into concrete and bounced 2 times

no scratches at all on the phone or cover!
    09-12-09 08:48 PM
    After reading through this thread; I think I'm going to place an order for an Epik case too...I just hope this case doesn't come from some poor kid's labor in a sweatshop.
    09-13-09 11:12 PM
    The link in the original post no longer works.

Does anybody have a new ebay listing? I searched and could not find it. Thanks!!
    09-13-09 11:22 PM
    I still haven't gotten mine yet
    09-13-09 11:22 PM
    3 SOFT Crystal Gel Hard Case Skin Blackberry Tour 9630 - eBay (item 250477098151 end time Oct-02-09 13:15:35 PDT)

thats the link to 3 of them but if u just want one click the sellers name and search tour and ull find it.

love mine. i wish they'd make a rubberized case that covers the phone like the epik does. i prefer this case to my innocase II
    09-14-09 12:21 AM
    Thank you for the new link.

For those of you recently receiving your cases, have they fixed the fitment issues for the headphone jack and USB port?
    09-14-09 07:56 AM
    np. doesnt appear to be fixed yet. i got mine about a week or 2 ago. the headphone jack doesnt bother me as i dont use it. the usb charger fits enough to charge the phone, just dont hit it or anything and itll stay in.
    09-14-09 08:12 AM
    I notified the seller about the headphone issue as soon as I received my cases. He said that he would check into it and send me replacements. That was a little over 2 weeks ago.

I asked for an update over the weekend, and here's the response back:

We just had a big move over this weekend. I will check once we are back up and reorganized here

I have you down for notification

DC
    It's not a huge flaw, but it is a flaw. Even if it doesn't get fixed, I may still pick up a couple more colors.
    09-14-09 10:50 AM
474 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD