05-18-10 06:21 PM
474 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Got 3 today, black, red, and blue ordered on 8/27. I had the BB OEM silicone skin before. They served their purpose but were difficult with the OEM holster, which is all I use. I went mainly naked with the Tour in the holster because it was a bit too hard getting out of the holster with the OEM skin. I am not a BB in pocket guy. Too clumsy! These cases do look and feel sweet. They get in and out of the OEM holster a wee bit easier. The fit is so much snugger than the OEM silicone cases. There is no comparison. I'll just have to take it off for the charging pod, not a bad trade-off. I am glad I bought the 3-for-deal. It was worth it to have some choices in colors. The Inno and other brands look nice but at 10 x the cost of these cases with a new holster, I still have to think twice. I'll try to get some glamour shots up tomorrow. Just a major thank you to all the contributors to this thread!
    09-08-09 10:46 PM
    My orange and black ones showed up today. They feel much better than the OEM case, but time will tell how they hold up.

It doesn't really fit too well around the headphones jack and the mic hole on the bottom is a little off. I may wind up having to widen these holes depending on how it goes. Also, the area by the charging port is a bit thick so it does make getting the charger in there a little tricky.
    09-08-09 11:29 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I contacted DC Mugen (ebay vendor) regarding the issues with the headphone and charging cut outs on the case. As per the vendor's request I sent pics showing the defects (thanks go to In2uition for the example pic I sent) and I was emailed the following response:

Hi Mike
    Thank you for your assistance.

We are currently having the factory make the corrections to the case and will offer to send a replacement once we have it completed

Regards
    DC
    Looks like a new revision is coming soon so keep an eye out!
    09-09-09 04:20 AM
    Got mine today and it came the same day as the horizontal holster I ordered. It fits a lot better in the horizontal holster so that's nice. I didn't think it was going to be so tight in the original holster.
    09-09-09 05:55 AM
    Is it easy to put in and take out of your pocket? That and lint are my biggest concerns.. otherwise -- it looks great.
    Very easy and no lint. I hated that about the silicone cases.
    09-09-09 06:30 AM
    I can't wait to get mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 10:18 AM
    Got mine yesterday with the same charging port issues, other then that its AMAZING!
    09-09-09 10:22 AM
    Got mine today and it came the same day as the horizontal holster I ordered. It fits a lot better in the horizontal holster so that's nice. I didn't think it was going to be so tight in the original holster.
    Did you order the OEM Tour holster too? I ordered mine as soon as they were available because I can't stand vertical holsters. As far as the epik case, I'm glad to hear the two fit together because I ordered an epik case also and awaiting delivery.
    09-09-09 11:00 AM
    I have purchased and tried a bunch of cases for my Tour and by far, the best one is the OtterBox Defender.
    09-09-09 11:23 AM
    Did you order the OEM Tour holster too? I ordered mine as soon as they were available because I can't stand vertical holsters. As far as the epik case, I'm glad to hear the two fit together because I ordered an epik case also and awaiting delivery.
    Yeah, horizontal is the way to go. The vertical one is nice but the horizontal is way less obtrusive. The vertical one popped off from the clip the other day when I was getting in my car. I think I will try to sell the new vertical holster I have on ebay and keep my used one as a backup in case anything happens to my horizontal case.

It is a little snug in the horizontal but it is much easier to use with the epik than the vertical case. I like this epik case, I don't think that it is that hard to use the outside keys and it's nice he sends a free screen protector with it. Makes me want to order more cases and protectors but I think I'm good for now.
    09-09-09 01:47 PM
    Here are some pix of my cases. My camera isn't the greatest. The Tour takes better pictures!

09-09-09 02:11 PM
    I like the blue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 02:21 PM
    That blue looks really good. Once the headphone jack issue get resolved, I'll probably pick up one of those and an extra clear.

I'd post pictures of my clear one, but the wife lost our camera over the weekend! Doh!
    09-09-09 02:42 PM
    I bought the Clear, Black, Green for myself.. Pink and purple for my girlfriend's Tour.
    09-09-09 02:54 PM
    the blue looks pretty good too. this makes me want to order the blue one now after having the black one.

i just hate waiting almost 3 weeks though for it to come in again
    09-09-09 02:59 PM
    I have the blue on now and am taking a second look. The photo brightens up the blue actually. When the blue skin is on, the black of the BB darkens the blue. Just a heads up in case you like the blue because it appears to be brighter than you expected. The colors, red and blue, are translucent. That BB black really come through the skin. I hope this helps before you spend the $.
    09-09-09 03:07 PM
    I have the clear and the blue one received today
    09-09-09 04:02 PM
    I have the clear and the blue one received today
    hows the clear one look on the Tour?
    09-09-09 09:31 PM
    I have the Black and currently waiting for my clear and blue. Post more colors.
    09-09-09 09:49 PM
    I have the Black and currently waiting for my clear and blue. Post more colors.
    when you get the clear one...can you post pictures of it on your tour? I want to see what the clear looks like on the phone before i order a new color
    09-09-09 10:05 PM
    I was searching for cases and came across this link (not afiliated):

Protect w/ Blackberry Tour 9630 Crystal Silicone Case - Smoke Argyle Diamonds Shipped Free.

Is this the same case? If so, it looks as though it ships from the US. I might order it from here.

HTH someone...
    09-10-09 02:44 PM

Protect w/ Blackberry Tour 9630 Crystal Silicone Case - Smoke Argyle Diamonds Shipped Free.

Is this the same case? If so, it looks as though it ships from the US. I might order it from here.

HTH someone...
    Its the same case!
    09-10-09 02:47 PM
    Its the same case!
    Awesome, thanks. I'm really impatient apparently lol.
    09-10-09 02:48 PM
    Awesome, thanks. I'm really impatient apparently lol.
    I purchased mine from ebay and its been 1 week already, I can't wait!
    09-10-09 02:50 PM

HTH someone...
    Any smart business person would buy a bulk of cases from Hong Kong, mark it up 100% (not including shipping) and sell them online. Not saying that's what they did, but that's certainly the same case there. Perhaps they get theirs from the same place the Hong Kong place does. I would imagine that these are probably manufactured overseas - and probably Hong Kong, which is why the price is so low at the eBay store.
    09-10-09 02:55 PM
474 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD