05-18-10 06:21 PM
474 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    yeah it just goes to show you what these thing actually cost to make. Lets make no bones about it these are made in china and they can get them to us shipped nonetheless for 5 dollars. You know theyre making money on these, because lets face it they're not in this for charity. So it just puts it into perspective just how much markup there really is on a lot of these accessories.
    Actually; there could be a plethora of reasons why they're selling them at the price they are. As you've noted...yes...$5 may seem like a phenomenal deal for these cases; but that's only because we as consumers are accustomed to the 'going rate' prices that similar accessories go for. So when we see this case for $5; it makes us go 'wow'. But that's how the market works; we naturally compare products to their competitors in price first and foremost and then everything else.

They are definitely making money on this case. Also; they probably would sell this same case for the 'going rate'; but maybe during the mass production batch(es) of these cases...they found out some (if not all) of the cases don't align with the port outs on the Tour and/or there aren't any cut-outs for the access buttons. Also; the rubber part is too thick for the charging cord to go in without being able to pick up the Epik case in hand while the cord is in; and the cord not fall out.

Who knows; maybe this design was intended; or maybe they weren't...and so instead of risking not selling the cases at all; they marked them down to flush out the first batch(es). As I said...there's not telling.
    09-04-09 12:29 AM
    The charger hole actually isn't big enough to accommodate the whole big thick rubber part of the plug. Instead of cutting the case, I trimmed back part of the plug. Works perfectly!
    <snip>
    Or, you could just trim the case...
    Great tip about trimming the plug! I was thinking that I would have to hack the case, but I would rather not do that. Not that I wouldn't if I had to - I hacked up my 8330 skin pretty good to fit my Tour when I first go the Tour LOL!
    09-04-09 02:03 AM
    do you have a problem with the charger hole? mine keeps falling out when i plug it in
    Sometimes it falls out but I am able to push it back it
    09-04-09 06:45 AM
    I made the case hole larger by cutting it with an exato blade... I don't notice it's larger and the plug fits perfect.
    09-04-09 07:11 AM
    Here's my glamour shots. Pretty blurry so ill take better ones in the morning.

Paired to phantomskinz front currently. Bezel is really scratched up but this solved the problem haha.

What theme are you using? Thanks
    09-04-09 09:57 AM
    just received my case today. Shipped on the Aug. 20. Great case, except that the whole for the headphone jack is not aligned.
    09-04-09 04:39 PM
    i meant the "hole."
    09-04-09 04:48 PM
    i meant the "hole."
    write the seller and they send u a new 1
    09-04-09 09:05 PM
    Got mine today and love with the exception of the battery charging port. The hole is too small and the charger won't fit when the case is on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 09:09 PM
    I just got mine today and I have to say it's pretty nice for a 4 or 5 dollar case. I can confirm that the case is actually smoke colored, the cutout for the headphone jack doesn't quite line up, and the cutout for the charging port is too small.

I do like the color and I don't use headphones so those two issues are no big deal to me. As for the charging port I used my old case as a template and cut the opening to the correct size with a razor blade. Now all is well. Even with the minor flaws with the headphone and charger cutouts it's a great case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Iceman0803; 09-06-09 at 04:41 AM.
    09-05-09 01:14 AM
    can't wait to get mine too! for $4.99, can't beat that price
    09-05-09 02:28 AM
    Finally started using my Epik cases (got two, smoke and red) and the only "complaint" I have is how the hole for the headphone is a little misaligned (just a tad).

I was concerned with the reported issues of the charging port opening being a little too small, but I haven't had any issues related to it while using my car charger and the micro-usb cable from my computer - in both cases, the connection is tight and good.
    Last edited by devil24; 09-05-09 at 02:44 PM.
    09-05-09 02:40 PM
    Finally received the case after 2.5 weeks. I can confirm all that has been said already - misaligned headphone jack hole, small microusb hole, and color is smoke with a slight brownish tint.

Comments to add:
    1) Yes, the hole for the headphone jack is slightly off, but I can still plug in headphones without any problems at all.
    2) The microusb port is not obstructed at all; rather, it's the thickness of the skin that prevents you from being able to insert the charger plug in all the way. It stays in on its own, so it'll really only fall out if there is some traction on the cord for whatever reason.
    3) I actually like the color of the skin, and I think it matches the original titanium bezel of the Verizon Tours. The subtle plaid pattern makes the case look like it's worth more than the $5 I paid, which is a big plus in my book. I also like the fact that it's translucent enough to still see the BlackBerry logo on the back and the keys on the side.

Overall, I really like the fit and feel over the OEM silicone skin, which feels too loose and floppy. This case just feels solid, and the shape of the front is much nicer. Also, while it does protect most of the bezel, it leaves just enough room so that it doesn't get in the way of the sides of the keyboard. Slides in and out of the pocket smoother than OEM, and while it's a pretty snug fit, it does fit into the OEM vertical and horizontal holsters.

At $5, this is a no-brainer must-have case. Hope this helps anyone who was on the fence.
    Last edited by richro; 09-05-09 at 07:21 PM.
    09-05-09 07:16 PM
    I received my case a few days ago (took about two weeks) and my comments are the same as most of the previous posters.

What I wanted to mention was how great this case works with the Seidio lock holster (not the Spring lock holster). About the only thing I missed from my Treo was the face-in clip holster I used, and the OEM holster worked okay, but with a skin I would end up taking the skin off just by putting it in the holster. This holster works great, Epik case and all. No more fumbling to pull my Tour out of the case or even better, trying to get it back in.

Here is the link to the holster I bought (props to Kingzee for his videos and helping me buy the right one!)p:

Innocase Lock Holster
    09-05-09 10:50 PM
    Has anyone that has purchased one of these cases cut out holes on the back so that the Tour can charge in the cradle without taking the skin off?
    09-06-09 12:36 AM
    cant wait to get mine
    09-06-09 01:06 AM
    Shipped August 21st...arrived September 8th..I finally got the case!

I like it alot and I don't really use my headphones, so I'm not worried about it being slightly off. As the side port for the charger/USB connection was just fine. The screen protector and cloth was a bonus, but I'm already using an anti-glare screen protector (also shipped from China).

Here are some pics I decided to take:

09-08-09 05:54 PM
    ^^^ nice pics!!^^^^
    09-08-09 06:07 PM
    very nice pix! I may have to finally take the leap and get one of these even tho i just ordered an innocase from seidio
    09-08-09 06:16 PM
    Has anybody contacted the manufacture to see if they're going to rectify the fitment issues of the case?
    09-08-09 07:31 PM
    Great pics in this thread =)

I'd love to see some pics of the different colored ones! *hint hint
    09-08-09 07:52 PM
    Is it easy to put in and take out of your pocket? That and lint are my biggest concerns.. otherwise -- it looks great.
    09-08-09 08:08 PM
    Has anybody contacted the manufacture to see if they're going to rectify the fitment issues of the case?
    Yes, I have. In2uition was gracious enough to let me use one of his pics to help illustrate the issues to the seller.
    09-08-09 08:19 PM
    Hrmm hrmm.. this or the Innocase II..

Decisions decisions!
    It's $5!!! Give it a shot. It might save you $30 if you like it.
    09-08-09 08:45 PM
    I got my order today I really like these cases!!
    09-08-09 09:30 PM
474 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD