I noticed the 8130 charging port was the same as my old RAZR, and when I plugged it into the RAZR car charger, the connected logo came on next to the battery sign. I cannot tell if it is charging though. Does this work??

Craig
    01-08-09 04:15 PM
    I would just stick with an OEM BlackBerry charger, you can't go wrong...
    01-08-09 04:16 PM
    I noticed the 8130 charging port was the same as my old RAZR, and when I plugged it into the RAZR car charger, the connected logo came on next to the battery sign. I cannot tell if it is charging though. Does this work??

Craig
    Yes, the Razr chargers do work with the Blackberries. I have several Razr chargers from when both me and my wife had razrs. Comes in handy because when we travel to our relatives' homes, we don't have to remember to bring our Berry chargers with us, because we just leave the Razr chargers at their homes for when we go there.
    01-08-09 04:29 PM
    I have used old razr chargers even moto chargers and they are fine.. but OEM okay, but if you got it use it
    01-08-09 04:32 PM
    Nice....I luv when old stuff like that becomes useful again!
    01-08-09 04:32 PM
    I charge my Berry on the USB port on my PS3 as well, it plugs right into my cradle charger...
    01-08-09 04:33 PM
    Sounds like it should work. If it destroyed a BB I'm sure we would have heard about it.

C
    01-08-09 04:36 PM
    I keep a Moto charger at work. My boss uses it to charge his Bold as well.
    01-08-09 04:44 PM
    I use my old RAZR car charger....works just fine.
    01-08-09 07:00 PM
    Any mini usb charger should work without any problem, chargers are not brand specific, that is why most car chargers have a variety of devices listed on the packaging. I use my psp charger at home and a Motorola charger at work. The only BB charger I use is in my car and I never have any problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 08:12 PM

Craig
    I have had good luck swapping back and forth as well.

To be safe you can compare the volt/amp numbers from each charger to see if it is pretty similar before plugging in.
    01-08-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD