Got an Otterbox Defender for my 8900. Very nice case. Have a couple of questions. The 8900 will not come on after I turn it off,,,,,I have to take the silicone off to turn the BB back on. Strange. Another thing is the ALT button. Before I put the case on, I could hold the ALT button down while I used the alt keys or digits. After I put the Defender on, I have to let go of the ALT key to get this to work. In other words, I can't hold the ALT key down while pushing another key or a digit. Anyone else seen this?
    09-25-09 03:19 PM
    Got an Otterbox Defender for my 8900. Very nice case. Have a couple of questions. The 8900 will not come on after I turn it off,,,,,I have to take the silicone off to turn the BB back on. Strange. Another thing is the ALT button. Before I put the case on, I could hold the ALT button down while I used the alt keys or digits. After I put the Defender on, I have to let go of the ALT key to get this to work. In other words, I can't hold the ALT key down while pushing another key or a digit. Anyone else seen this?
    These are known issues with the defender case. It sounds like you got a 1st. gen case as my first case did the same thing. When I got my replacement, it was a different design and didn't do those things anymore.
    09-25-09 03:21 PM
    The case is too tight. It's pushing the right convenience key halfway down. Hence the alt problem.
    09-26-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD