Hey guys. So I have seen this video

on youtube where the seidio 2600 battery fits in the commuter with some modifications. My question is.. does anyone know if the off brand 2600 mAh battery is the same thickness as the seidio? I got one off of amazon for like 20 bucks but I hate the crappy battery door it came with. I should have just bit the bullet and ordered the seidio but I didnt. Before I go get an otterbox commuter case and cut it up I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Or know if the off brand 2600 batteries are the same thickness as the seidios.
    02-09-11 08:48 PM
    That is a very good question, while I have the Seidio and the Commuter I can tell you the hack does work well. If you can verify the generic battery has the same thickness, you should be in.
    02-09-11 08:50 PM
    i have a seidio battery ordered. generic batteries will not work. they are too big.
    02-09-11 10:21 PM
    I too have successfully used the mod. It works great with the Otterbox Commuter case. I also use this belt clip with the commuter case and it works great.

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-in...medium=content
    02-10-11 02:40 PM
    Thats a nice holster. The back where the charging contacts are exposed on that case. Will this work on a cradle charger with the matching case installed?
    02-10-11 05:01 PM
    The case shown in the link that I posted is not a Oterbox Commuter case. The Otterbox case does not have the contacts exposed. I was only talking about the Otterbox Commuter case with this holster.
    rottonj likes this.
    02-11-11 05:47 AM
    My question is-- is there truly a cosiderable difference in the stock battery and the seidio 2600 extended battery ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 08:09 AM
    My question is-- is there truly a cosiderable difference in the stock battery and the seidio 2600 extended battery ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, enough that the standard door won't fit.
    02-11-11 09:14 AM
    The case shown in the link that I posted is not a Oterbox Commuter case. The Otterbox case does not have the contacts exposed. I was only talking about the Otterbox Commuter case with this holster.
    Thanks. Any idea what that case is?
    02-11-11 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD