I am wondering how to remove the antennae from the bottom piece? I was given a replacement when I purchased the phone case and the new one doesn't have the dots for the myfavs. I also received a new camera cover and was womdering how to replace that as well. i cannot figure out how to take the flash out of the mid piece. I succesfully replaced the bezel and trackball but would love to replace the last 2 pieces for a tottaly custom look.
    Thank You!
    Here is the case I ordered:
    BLACKBERRY CURVE 8900 FULL HOUSING COVER+KEYBOARD BLACK - eBay (item 350227673704 end time Aug-16-09 09:26:07 PDT)
    08-09-09 03:56 PM
    I am wondering how to remove the antennae from the bottom piece? I was given a replacement when I purchased the phone case and the new one doesn't have the dots for the myfavs. I also received a new camera cover and was womdering how to replace that as well. i cannot figure out how to take the flash out of the mid piece. I succesfully replaced the bezel and trackball but would love to replace the last 2 pieces for a tottaly custom look.
    Thank You!
    Here is the case I ordered:
    BLACKBERRY CURVE 8900 FULL HOUSING COVER+KEYBOARD BLACK - eBay (item 350227673704 end time Aug-16-09 09:26:07 PDT)
    OK, just a stupid question but if you didn't know how to do this before you purchased, why on earth would you attempt to replace this stuff? Isn't it common sense to know what you're doing before you do it?

Try looking at the STICKY posted at the very top of the forum. Self explanatory.
    08-09-09 04:50 PM
    its easy its connected by tape actually lol, just peel it off.
    08-09-09 05:06 PM
    i am referring to the camera cover with the t-mobile writting on it. This piece doesn't seem like it's taped on.... Also the bottom piece has the antennae clipped to it, was wondering how to remove that and put it on the new bottom piece without the ugly faves dots.
    I had no problem with the actual bezel as it was well documented before this and actually quite easy to do. Please read the whole post before you assume I am that incompetant.
    08-09-09 05:19 PM
    How in the heck is your antenna connected to the bottom piece on your phone? I think you are talking about the piece on the bottom back below the battery cover, right? That piece just snaps off from my device and nothing is connected to it? Very Confused.

Also, the part of the camera that has the branding on it is the mid-plate but I do not believe you can purchase that piece anywhere. It also contains the water damage indicators on it and if that piece was sold, there would be a lot of insurance fraud for water damaged devices.
    08-09-09 08:53 PM
    How in the heck is your antenna connected to the bottom piece on your phone? I think you are talking about the piece on the bottom back below the battery cover, right? That piece just snaps off from my device and nothing is connected to it? Very Confused.

Also, the part of the camera that has the branding on it is the mid-plate but I do not believe you can purchase that piece anywhere. It also contains the water damage indicators on it and if that piece was sold, there would be a lot of insurance fraud for water damaged devices.
    Well, you can actually purchase the camera cover here (in blue as an example), and you can purchase the midplate here.
    08-09-09 08:57 PM
    WOW, thanks 3C ... very interesting.
    08-09-09 09:08 PM
    WOW, thanks 3C ... very interesting.
    When you go there, click to sort by Blackberry, then in the search window, type in 8900 and check out all the cool new stuff they have. They now even have colored privacy screen protectors! Cool colored 'electroplate' bezels. Awesome site.
    08-09-09 09:11 PM
    Sorry for the confusion, I guess I described the peice wrong. It is the mid housing piece and it has the antennae clipped to it. Not sure I want to try and detach this. Also the other piece is the camera cover which has the flash of the camera attached to it.
    08-10-09 01:05 AM
    Do not take off the antennae! Many people have tried this and broke there's. If you are trying to take off the camera plate you are going to have to look that up because its not in the sticky and I haven't even seen directions on how to get it removed properly yet. The bottom rubberized piece with the myfave dots can be removed by unclipping it from the phone it just snaps on and off. Its very important you know what your getting yourself into when you decide to something like this though! You could really screw up your phone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 05:32 AM
    Your trying to replace the chassis which isn't that hard you need to watch the video in the sticky, it will show you how I'm pretty sure. Its either that video or one that is tied to it on youtube. Either way why would you want to change the chassis when no one will ever be able to see it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 05:39 AM
    I am trying to change the mid piece because some of the new pieces do not fit properly on the current one.
    08-10-09 01:57 PM
    Hi,

I think what jcash74 means is to change the entire piece of backplate which currently has the GSM antenna, WiFi antenna, GSM antenna, dock connectors, loudspeaker, camera flash, and side buttons all attached to it cos I was thinking of changing mine to white as well.

The current default one on the curve 8900 is in black and let's say if I wish to change that piece into other colours (eg white) is that possible? Any tutorial on that? Pls help. Thanks!
    10-17-09 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD