I just purchased one for my curve, it looks like a great case...very slick looking. As of right now i have a rubber skin that i bought at the t-mobile store. I put it in this rubber sleeve when im at work, but one i get home i always remove the sleeve because i love the feel of the curve without it.

Is the Seido case hard to remove, or is it so thin that i will barely be able to notice it? I still know that i will be taking it off now and then to clean off my baby. But im just curious as to how much bulk this case actually adds to the phone. I know it snaps into place, but if its a hassle to take off i will be a bit disappointed.
    06-18-08 04:22 PM
    I couldn't figure out how to remove it when I first got it, but it's not hard. on the bottom of the case (while it is on the phone) there should be a little hole. I just use my finger nails and open it from both sides (note: i have small nails I'm a guy so it's not hard). I usually take the case off when I am home. It's not bulky at all, at least to me. It took me about a day to get use to but now I barely notice it on.
    06-18-08 04:37 PM
    If you barely notice it on, why take it off when youre at home? You prefer the blackberry without the case like myself?
    06-18-08 04:40 PM
    If you barely notice it on, why take it off when youre at home? You prefer the blackberry without the case like myself?
    I take it off because it's easier to clean the screen, and just in case I need to battery pull it's already off. Like I said, I usually take it off while at home, but not all the time.
    06-18-08 04:44 PM
    Gotcha, so overall you like the case though? Have you dropped it or anything, if so did it do a good job protecting your phone?
    06-18-08 04:45 PM
    i can't even notice mine when it's on so i never take it off
    06-18-08 04:47 PM
    i can't even notice mine when it's on so i never take it off
    Thats cool, thats exactly what im hoping for outta this case. Quite pricey but it looks nice. Another question i had, is how hard is it to access the standby button. I know that with my tmo rubber skin i have to use my fingernail to push the standby button down. Is the hole around that button pretty decent sized, anyone run into any issues pressing the standby button easily?
    06-18-08 04:51 PM
    Gotcha, so overall you like the case though? Have you dropped it or anything, if so did it do a good job protecting your phone?
    Yea, I love the case, it's awesome. I have dropped my phone several times since I got the case, and no damage at all. The case wasn't even damaged, no little scratches or breaks, and I dropped it onto concrete. I think it is a very reliable case, and offers great protection.
    06-18-08 04:52 PM
    there's a pretty wide cut out for the 8100 so i'm sure it would be pretty much the same
    06-18-08 04:52 PM
    Thats cool, thats exactly what im hoping for outta this case. Quite pricey but it looks nice. Another question i had, is how hard is it to access the standby button. I know that with my tmo rubber skin i have to use my fingernail to push the standby button down. Is the hole around that button pretty decent sized, anyone run into any issues pressing the standby button easily?
    Not hard at all. The case has a special design around every outer button, which is that it is angled in for easy access. You will have no problem accessing the Mute/standby button, the volume buttons or the convenience keys
    06-18-08 05:01 PM
    Sweet i cant wait, i just bought the burgandy one. I think i may buy the blue one eventually also. I like to have a wide variety of colors, im a nerd i know
    06-18-08 05:20 PM
    Glad I could help.
    06-18-08 06:17 PM
    ive got the blue one for my 8130. I dont like to take mine off unless i have too... As you know when you put it on it kinda snaps together and im afraid if i keep taking it apart all the time then its going to wear it out and wont stay together as well,.... i could just be paranoid.... As for the spaces to reach buttons I dont think you will have a problem. also my wife has the black silicon skin on her curve and I like the seidio case way more!!!
    06-18-08 07:31 PM
    I have one that doen't get much use. It comes apart too easily. I knocked it off of a table once and it came apart. It was on carpet though, so no harm.
    06-18-08 07:34 PM
    ive got the blue one for my 8130. I dont like to take mine off unless i have too... As you know when you put it on it kinda snaps together and im afraid if i keep taking it apart all the time then its going to wear it out and wont stay together as well,.... i could just be paranoid.... As for the spaces to reach buttons I dont think you will have a problem. also my wife has the black silicon skin on her curve and I like the seidio case way more!!!
    I agree i purchased the clear 2pc hard case from seidio then 3 days later i saw a knock off on ebay for 3$ (shipping incl) and its identical and snaps on the same way and it NOT rubberized which i like because its slides in and out of my holster with no problem( so i returned the costly seidio one and kept the knock off) but like Sensesfail99 i try not to take it off as much as possible just in fear of wearing the clips out over time i mean after all it is plastic...ad im sure constant wear and tear will affect it but i guess for 3$ who cares right...
    06-18-08 07:40 PM
    Really, it comes apart too easily? Everything i read was talking about how secure it is after being applied to the phone. Thats a bit disappointing to hear..
    06-18-08 07:42 PM
    Really, it comes apart too easily? Everything i read was talking about how secure it is after being applied to the phone. Thats a bit disappointing to hear..
    i have had mine for weeks now and i have dropped it and its never came apart... and i have a knock off of the seidio so im sure that just may be a defective one cause mine is kinda hard to take off to be honest... then again i dont have long enough nails to try and pry it with
    06-18-08 07:44 PM
    Yeah, im a guitarist so my nails are always short. But the only reason i take my rubber skin off when at home is because i prefer the feel of the phone without it. But isnt the Seido drastically thinner than the rubber skins you can buy? If it is and it doesnt add any significant bulk to the phone, i will probably only take it off to clean my phone.
    06-18-08 07:50 PM
    I have the clear hybrid case. As for bulk, IMO it doesn't create any. I am able to keep my Curve in the pouch that came with it, even though it's enlosed in the hard case. needless to say, bulkiness would have prevented me from doing such.
    06-18-08 08:19 PM
    Ya, youre right. Personally i dont use the holster for it. Just goes straight in my pocket. But regardless i dont like the way the rubber skin feels on it. Adds far too much to the phone
    06-18-08 08:42 PM
    -----

The only thing it doesn't have that I need is a slim clip on the back. I wish somebody would make a slim leather case with a very slim clip like I had for my Razr. I don't have pockets to put my BB in.

-----
    06-18-08 09:32 PM
    -----

The only thing it doesn't have that I need is a slim clip on the back. I wish somebody would make a slim leather case with a very slim clip like I had for my Razr. I don't have pockets to put my BB in.

-----
    the clear 2 pc hardcase i got has a clip option it screws onto the back... so if you want it your screw it on if you dont then you dont screw it on... in my case i dont use the clip cause i just holster it but if i didnt i could just clip it to my pants or belt or what ever! i got mine on ebay for like 3$
    06-18-08 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD