Hi all,

2 questions:

2) I was wondering if it was possible to buy an original 8310 case somewhere. All my searches always just come up with snap on cases, protective cases etc - is there any way to just get an original?

2) I once saw a video on YouTube of a guy opening a 8310 ti replace the transparent screen cover plate. Once he had it open he realised that it's actually only glued on top of the case. slightly inset.

So I'm wondering if these (how do you call them? screen covers, face plates??) can be bought anywhere and if there were any instructions to be found on cleanly removing the "faceplate" and replacing with a new one.

Thanks for any tips!

Chris
    05-21-08 07:17 PM
    Try these for the case
    Cellular Accessories - Accessories Store, BlackBerry, Panasonic, LG, Motorola, Samsung, Dopod/O2, Acer,
    BBrepairshop.com - BlackBerry Repair Parts for BlackBerry 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330

Try these for a protective skin.
    RIM Blackberry Curve 8300 8310 8320 Total Body Skin
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

YouTube

I have the BSE product on my two phones and think that hey are great. Reportedly the IS is more expensive, comes with an applicator liquid and is made principally from the same plastic product.
    05-21-08 07:39 PM
    Thanks for that!

That actually leads to my second question: I have received my invisible shield (screen only) but I am now doubting whether to actually apply it!

1) Is it REALLY invisible? The thing I love most about my 8310 is the fantastic screen! And I don't want to lose even 1% of the quality.

2) Is there any way I can take it back off and be left without any noticeable residue whatsoever on my LCD lens?

At the moment I am inclined to treat my 8310 well and just get a new lens ahould I scratch it - I'm not fully convinced the shield really is competely invisible, will appply 100% without bubbles and/or not leave any remains on my 8310...

What do you think?

Cheers

Chris
    05-22-08 05:35 AM
    I have the Best Ever Skin on my 8310 and it is not noticeable. In fact, once I applied it to my phone (I didn't know about BES) the scratches magically disappeared. The whole body skin is well worth it and it doesn't leave any residue when it is removed.
    05-24-08 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD