The manufacturer says to charge it for 8 hours prior to "use". Does that mean before unplugging it, or do they not want you to use it period? Just got the battery and I dont want to mess it up somehow. Also, when they talk about charge cycles do they want you to drain it COMPLETELY? Or when I get into the "red zone" should I charge it before my radio turns off, along with the rest of the device eventually? I always thought it was bad to totally drain a Li Ion battery, just drain it as much as possible before totally killing it.
    08-20-09 07:33 PM
    Do not let it drain completely. You can damage the battery.

Charge it to 100%, use it like normal, charging it like normal. You should charge Li-Ion batteries often and keep them charged if you are able to.
    08-20-09 07:36 PM
    I am curious to the answer to this as well. I put my battery in, shut it down (as much as possible) and charged mine overnight. I didn't have a charger for just the battery. But I would like to know how far to drain the battery before recharging. The instructions don't tell much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 07:39 PM
    Thats what I thought... I just want to make sure I get the full benefit out of this 40 dollar chunk of chemicals I bought.
    08-20-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD