I just received my BlackBerry charging dock today purchased from amazon.com for my 9700. The model number is ASY-14396-011. My question is whether this works as a syncing dock also. I was able to charge it by connecting the AC adapter to it, but my BBM didn't recognize the phone when trying to connect the dock via USB cable to my PC's USB port. Does that mean this is only a charging dock, or is able to be used to sync my phone?
    12-19-09 11:47 PM
    The charging docks are just that--charging only
    12-20-09 03:11 AM
    Charging only. Works great for the function it offers but is one chore device.
    12-20-09 06:20 AM
    Some of the product descriptions on various reseller sites describe the ability to synch as well as charge. Not sure if this is true or not.
    12-20-09 10:00 AM
    Some of the product descriptions on various reseller sites describe the ability to synch as well as charge. Not sure if this is true or not.
    I read that too. Oh well, It's a great charger.
    12-20-09 11:29 AM
    Blackberry's own website says:

"Display smartphone while recharging, taking calls, watching videos or listening to music" ... but does not mention syncing. I've got one and love it for what it does.

Vendors can say whatever they like and often - unfortunately - make statements based as much on their own misinformed assumptions as much as on anything else. Go to the manufacturer for info. Shop for prices.
    12-20-09 09:52 PM
    Does anyone consider it a pain to remove their case / skin every time the BB is placed in the charging dock?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 10:59 PM
    I use the case that came with my 9700 and I thought I would at first but no ... not at all anymore. In fact, I fond it really rather convenient that I can set it in the cradle at night and just grab it up in the morning or in the middle of the night if needed and not worry about yanking on the cord. Frankly, for me, it is the perfect solution. Exactly what I was hoping for.
    Last edited by Kholya; 12-23-09 at 11:45 PM. Reason: clarity
    12-23-09 11:45 PM
    I love my charging pod; I cringe when I have to pull that USB cord out of the left side of the phone for fear of separating the port from the phone. I think it would be a great idea to have a charging/syncing combination dock to avoid using the USB port altogether.
    12-24-09 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD