Im confused - I finally got my T5 wrench so I could replace skins on my curve. I get the new black skin installed, and it doesnt look too good.

First, there are slight gaps in the top of the phone (by the camera lens)

The rear backplate doesn't seem to 'lock' into place. There is some overhang on the bottom of the phone with the back plate.

And then it is more difficult to use my trackball and dial/hang up buttons because the front plate seems to sit higher than the original plate, so the buttons are too low to use.

I put the old skin back on, but I really want to get the Black skin working....it was $50 so I got to make it work! lol

Thanks
    02-07-09 03:42 PM
    First of all, you are most likely talking about the housing and not a skin.

Secondly, are you sure that you ordeedr (and that you RECEIVED) the housing for the 8330 and not one of the other Curves?
    02-07-09 04:36 PM
    Yes, it is the housing, and yes, I ordered it for the 8330
    02-07-09 05:11 PM
    Why didn't you just post in your existing thread instead of starting a whole new thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/can...-curve-154018/

Did you check the foam gasket behind the front faceplate as I suggested? Previous users stated that the foam gasket was thicker than the one on the original case, and that was causing problems with fit. It might be the reason why your buttons seem too low or recessed in the faceplate.
    02-07-09 05:19 PM
    If I remove the gasket - will it affect the durability of my phone at all?

Thanks
    02-07-09 07:59 PM
    If I remove the gasket - will it affect the durability of my phone at all?

Thanks
    It might make your Curve more prone to getting dust between the LCD screen and the outer lens, as this seal is no longer there. If dust accumulates, the case can be removed and the dust blown out with a can of compressed air. It also would be best to avoid placing your phone in dusty areas like a pocket.
    02-07-09 08:06 PM
    So, I removed the Gasket and got the housing installed on my Curve!

It looks great, but a few issues:

- There is now no foam gasket behind the faceplate (I ordered a new one tonight from a store online)

- There is no tiny 'reflector' piece on the new faceplate for the LED light like there is on the old faceplate. It was mentioned that some people have glued one on the back of the faceplate? Who has done this, and how can I do it?

- Lastly, my phone 'creaks' now when I pick it up. It's lost it's 'tight, solid' feel to it. It creaks when I squeeze the sides (the rubber parts) Maybe I bent the tabs too much from taking them on/off multiple times.

Regardless, I ordered new rubber sides for it to replace. Hopefully when I install those it will give it the solid feel again.

Also I installed the Black Trackball, and broke a T5 screw when I took the old faceplate off! Have a few T5 screws on order
    02-10-09 04:10 AM
    First of all, you are most likely talking about the housing and not a skin.

Secondly, are you sure that you ordeedr (and that you RECEIVED) the housing for the 8330 and not one of the other Curves?
    Lol, I was more than a little confused on this. I thought I must be confused on what a skin is and I have one.

To the OP: there is usually a return policy. I'd return if you aren't happy or if its defective, perhaps they would send a replacement. I've never ordered from that site; sorry I can't be more helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 07:35 AM
    My first one had fitment issues and I ended up breaking a screw off in the faceplate trying to get it to stay closed. I wrote CNN and email and they sent me another one out in the mail.
    02-10-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD