Just got a 9900. Still playing with battery life, so this may not be an option, but...

My first bberry was a 6200. It had a great holster - the blackberry just slid in, the case gripped the sides but was "open", and could easily put your fingers against the back of the bberry and it'd come out. No flaps, just pull and read. Several blackberries later, I still miss that case.

Looking at the Puregear case for the 9900, it looks like it may have the best of both worlds - it has a case to protect the back (which I'd inevitably hit against furniture and the like), but also just slides into the holster, which simply grips the sides. Looks almost like my old 6200's, but a video on youtube made it seem difficult to actually remove.

Anybody using it? Worth a purchase? Thanks.
    11-14-11 10:09 AM
    So, I bought the Puregear case. Been using it for a week and it works quite well. No clips or anything that you have to pull loose in order to pull the bberry in/out. There's a youtube video that shows it as hard to get in or out of the holster - that's true if it's not clipped on your pants, but if it is, there's no issue.

Case seems to offer decent protection, the bberry also doesn't feel like it's going to just come loose from the case or the holster. And fwiw, you can put it in right-side-up or upside-down in the holster without problems, which is actually kinda nice (though it does not lock if put in upside-down).

The only potential problem is that while the buttons and ports are exposed, the bottom back is protected (which normally would be fine) and so might not sit in a dock properly. Which sucks personally since I'd much rather use the charging prongs. I may have to order a dock and be sure.
    12-29-11 08:00 AM