Is it just me, or does this thing look ready to stand next to Jeremy Renner and defuse some bombs in the Middle East with the Otterbox case? I understand the concept of protection, but it's to the point of reduced functionality.

Typing feels a bit more labored, the rubber 'jacket' doesn't fully lock into place, so I'm constantly adjusting it, and an already mediocre camera is now shielded by another piece of plastic. Make matters worse, the dang thing was $56 (after taxes) and I think I'd have been happier with the Seidio solution right here on this site.
    10-19-11 01:45 AM
    I'm assuming the case in question here is the Otterbox Defender. I have recently purchased the Otterbox Commuter case and to be honest I think it's probably the -best- case ive ever had for any phone, be that blackberry, iphone, android etc. Fit and finish are fantastic. Doesnt add much bulk and provides ideal protection. I would suggest returning the Defender and picking up the Commuter, you won't regret it, I promise!

Have a look at this review and see if you like the form factor.

Also, have a look at this review by a fellow Crackberrian for some HQ photos.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ctures-642331/
    Last edited by Palmiros; 10-19-11 at 02:01 AM.
    10-19-11 01:57 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, no holster is a deal breaker for me. I'm a 52-year-old father trapped in a 27-year-old's body. I like my phones on a belt clip. Do the Otter folks make a belt attachment for this thingamajiggy?
    10-19-11 02:01 AM
    I have just the solution for you. I'm doing this exact same thing myself.

Otterbox Commuter case + Blackberry 9000 Holster = Love, fits like a glove. Best of both worlds.
    BlackBerry Leather Holster for Bold 9000 (Black) - CrackBerry Canada
    skynny70 and ThatsAngel like this.
    10-19-11 02:05 AM
    I think the Defender is the one with a belt clip.
    10-19-11 02:07 AM
    I have just the solution for you. I'm doing this exact same thing myself.

Otterbox Commuter case + Blackberry 9000 Holster = Love, fits like a glove. Best of both worlds.
    BlackBerry Leather Holster for Bold 9000 (Black) - CrackBerry Canada
    The OEM 9900 case sucks. After tossing mine in the garbage I found several spare OEM holsters from previous blackberry units and I think the one I am using now is the leather holster with clip for the 87XX series. The magnet works, too and it fits very good.

RIM change holster makers a few years back and they are all now nasty cheapo in comparison to the older quality leather holster they used to have.
    rcheung135 likes this.
    10-19-11 06:23 AM
    9930+Commuter in old school leather 9000 holster works great for me.

Make sure you get the right holster.
    skynny70 likes this.
    10-19-11 07:38 AM
    9930+Commuter in old school leather 9000 holster works great for me.

Make sure you get the right holster.
    Correct I'm using the 9900 + Commuter in the 9000 holster and I am very happy.
    10-19-11 08:30 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, no holster is a deal breaker for me. I'm a 52-year-old father trapped in a 27-year-old's body. I like my phones on a belt clip. Do the Otter folks make a belt attachment for this thingamajiggy?
    No, the Otter folks do not make a clip for the Commuter. However, I have a 9930 in a Commuter and just bought the Active clip from Seidio. Fits like they were made for each other.

http://shop.crackberry.com/seidio-ac...medium=content

Here's the Active clip seen with the Seidio Active case. Their Active case is really very similar to the Otterbox Commuter. Probably the biggest difference is that the Seidio case does not have the rubber port covers like the Otterbox. The Active case also does not come packaged with the screen protector. The clip is $30 here and at Seidio's site, but the Seidio folks are offering 15% off right now, and free shipping.

seidioonline.com
    10-19-11 08:32 AM
    9900 Commuter, koskin OEM BB 9000 holster FTW. The Koskin is the one with the bottom corner cutouts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 08:37 AM
    The OEM 9900 case sucks.
    He's talking about the 9000 holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 11:25 AM
    Naked 9930 + Seidio Holster = Perfect . I've never used a screen protector or case on any BB and never had an issue....call me a rebel....without a clue
    10-19-11 11:54 AM
    Not sure if you're still looking but I use an otterbox commuter with an Siedio ACTIVE holster. The commuter fits nice and snug.

This is the only solution that I have found that works for me. I have problems understanding how a company can make such a beautiful case such as the commuter then turn out crap like the defender.
    10-28-11 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD