Why do you prefer one style over the other?

Are there some inherent "benefits" or faults in using/wearing one versus the other?

let's just say we are comparing cases from same manufacturer...both have same features (sleep function, good fit, etc.). Why would you choose a vertical over a horizontal and vise-versa.
    01-13-09 07:46 PM
    With my old Treo I preferred the horizontal case - mainly because the antenna made a good handle to use to grab the phone.

I'm currently looking for a case for my Storm and will probably go horizontal again because I think it will be less in the way of seat belts and other obstructions. Coupled with better (than the Treo) voice dialing this style makes sense as a phone. Using the Storm for other activities will require a case that makes it easy and safe for access.

What cases are you considering?
    01-13-09 07:52 PM
    I LOVE the horizontal holster I got from BlackBerry (blackberry branded). It has the sleeper function and is great. I highly recommend it.
    01-13-09 07:56 PM
    i went to the verizon store and we found one that puts the phone to sleep it's for 18 bucks and it's a verizon phone it's a horizontal and has a blue under the flap... it's worked so far... and fits with rubber case from verizon as well
    01-13-09 07:57 PM
    This one:

http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/851?type=0"

(sorry for the cut&paste. stupid forum restricts my priviledge to give direct URL's until I have 10posts)
    01-13-09 07:58 PM
    I LOVE the horizontal holster I got from BlackBerry (blackberry branded). It has the sleeper function and is great. I highly recommend it.
    Cool... but vertical/top loading cases do the same thing. WHY did you choose a horizontal and not a vertical?
    01-13-09 08:00 PM
    I highly recommend this one:
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

Looks classy, and I found it for $19.99.

It's a personal choice. I just prefer horizontal cases.
    01-13-09 08:02 PM
    I use vertical in the horizontal position. I agree with the above post - seat belt, bending, sitting is easier with horizontal. To eliminate these issues with a vertical, it would have to be worn on the side of the hip. Mine gets a lot a bangs against things when I leave it sitting out there.

However, I prefer the vertical for removing the device - I find it much easier to grab the end once the flap is lifted. I can do easily with one hand - I find this harder to do with a horizontal. Therfore, I have always used a vertical with a swivelling belt clip and always wear horizontal.
    01-13-09 08:02 PM
    I use vertical in the horizontal position. I agree with the above post - seat belt, bending, sitting is easier with horizontal. To eliminate these issues with a vertical, it would have to be worn on the side of the hip. Mine gets a lot a bangs against things when I leave it sitting out there.

However, I prefer the vertical for removing the device - I find it much easier to grab the end once the flap is lifted. I can do easily with one hand - I find this harder to do with a horizontal. Therfore, I have always used a vertical with a swivelling belt clip and always wear horizontal.

Awesome, this is just the type of user feedback I was looking for. gracias
    01-13-09 08:04 PM

The one I've suggested has an opening at the bottom to push the storm out from to combat the issue of taking it out.
    01-13-09 08:05 PM
    That's a nice looking case.

I would pay attention to the belt clip. I briefly had a similar one from the Verizon store with a similar clip and returned it after it popped off of my belt twice.
    01-13-09 08:06 PM
    That's a nice looking case.

I would pay attention to the belt clip. I briefly had a similar one from the Verizon store with a similar clip and returned it after it popped off of my belt twice.
    This one actually has a "hook" at the bottom of it, so it actually hooks over your belt on the bottom. It's a well designed case.
    01-13-09 08:09 PM
    The one I've suggested has an opening at the bottom to push the storm out from to combat the issue of taking it out.
    Yea I see the opening at the bottom. I'm sure that helps. So you flip the top cover open with your thumb and push up with middle/ring fingers, slide up with thumb and index to grab?

The clip on that case is solid. I am now using the BB case VZ sold with the storm and its the same clip.
    01-13-09 08:15 PM
    Yea I see the opening at the bottom. I'm sure that helps. So you flip the top cover open with your thumb and push up with middle/ring fingers, slide up with thumb and index to grab?
    You've got it!
    01-13-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD