04-21-10 10:08 PM
27 12
tools
    Right now I still have my Pearl with Alltel, but will be switching to Verizon and getting a Storm2! So, the first thing I want to buy is a case.

Can you tell me the pros & cons of your cases or the ones you've used. I was looking at the Otterboxes. Not sure which one to go with and read a lot of reviews saying that buttons are hard to push & some saying that the phone got scratched from the case!

I have been known to drop my phone, and definitely want full coverage from scratches. Anybody used the case-mate hybrid tough cases? Love that they come in colors.

Thanks for your time and replies in advance!!
    04-18-10 12:38 PM
    One more thing... does anyone have a flip case? Does it flip up or to the side and do you find it annoying while making phone calls or texting/doing whatever horizontal?
    04-18-10 12:56 PM
    Not big on cases but I do like my otterbox commuter case. It provides coverage for everyday coverage and won't scratch your phone

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-18-10 01:36 PM
    kcpaynev1,
    No problem with pushing the bottom buttons? I really hate cases, too. Just want to protect this one. I have a 2 year old and I'm pretty clumsy with my phones.
    04-18-10 01:57 PM
    One more thing... does anyone have a flip case? Does it flip up or to the side and do you find it annoying while making phone calls or texting/doing whatever horizontal?
    It sounds like you need to check more on the Storm 2...have you even seen a picture of it? Flip up or a slider? You need to do a little homework before you decide on a case.
    04-18-10 02:09 PM
    kcpaynev1,
    No problem with pushing the bottom buttons? I really hate cases, too. Just want to protect this one. I have a 2 year old and I'm pretty clumsy with my phones.
    Nope. No issues clicking the bottom buttons. Case is really nice

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-18-10 02:14 PM
    I have ghost armor. It protects against scratches really well. Saw a video of them drilling on an ipod at their mall kiosk. Its not really a case so u can't even tell its there. If u drop it good enough break physically tho. But that's what u get insurance for right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 02:23 PM
    It sounds like you need to check more on the Storm 2...have you even seen a picture of it? Flip up or a slider? You need to do a little homework before you decide on a case.
    I have used the phone. I am referring to the cases that have a cover like a book that either flip down/up (have snaps on top & bottom) or to the side. I didn't say anything about it being a slider.
    Last edited by Kovachy83; 04-18-10 at 03:54 PM.
    04-18-10 03:50 PM
    I use the OtterBox Defender. I love this case. I work in automotive and my phone has taken a few real bad tumbles on concrete with not a mark to the phone. I'll always have one of these cases. I have no problems with buttons not working either. It is a bulky case but worth it. (I am gonna get a commuter case to for when I want a thinner case to carry the phone in my pocket.)
    04-18-10 07:56 PM
    Clear rubber silicone skin case. It keeps the phone protected from everyday wear and tear and the phone is still sleek looking without the bulk of other cases. Plus with the clear you can still see through the case which shows off the BB logo. =)

04-18-10 08:10 PM
    Epik case FTW.

04-18-10 08:23 PM
    The rubber case that I have is okay...I'm looking for a replacement. The pros...it protects from my phone from small drops.

The cons...the fit isn't snug enough for my liking.
    04-18-10 08:25 PM
    Hey champ, maybe you need to work on your reading skills. Maybe "do a little homework".
    04-18-10 08:30 PM
    I have the otterbox commuter and i like it and also using my old bold leather case( it had to stretch a little )to fit the commuter , i am a contractor and drop my phone regularly,also using the defender on the bold, 3 weeks the clip broke off of the holster , will try to get warranty.

Cheers
    Mike B
    04-18-10 08:51 PM
    I just bought the Platinum Series case for the 9550 today at best buy,works great -its a hard case that slides onto the phone covering the entire outside and comes with a clip that puts it to sleep.

Platinum Series - Case for BlackBerry Storm II Mobile Phones - Black - BSC29CB

FYI: The case is made by Incipio, as the label states
    Last edited by NEPABBuser; 04-18-10 at 09:05 PM.
    04-18-10 09:01 PM
    I love my otterbox defender case and clip. I love the sleep feature as well. it makes battery life last soo much longer.
    04-18-10 09:27 PM
    If you drop your phone a lot if recommend an otter. Defender. I use an epic. I've dropped my phones in all of my life 3 times. This protects it from scratches and it looks neat

04-19-10 06:36 AM
    I've had mine "naked" since I got it, and plan to keep it that way.
    04-19-10 08:02 AM
    Sounds like you need to read the first two posts better...they are asking about flip-up cases, not saying the phone is a flip up...

To OP, I used an otterbox commuter for a long while and I had absolutely no complaints...did not have any issues with button pressing (I actually was able to press the side hardware buttons easier with the case). The downside, however, is that if you are a really heavy talker/user and need to switch batteries daily (I only ever had to do once, but some on here keep multiple batteries on them daily) a case might be annoying. Otherwise, great protection and a snug fit without too much bulk.

I just recently decided to go "bare" again, just because I love the way the device looks and feels. I use a modified Curve pouch with magnet when I need a little extra protection, but I mostly keep it bare and handle it carefully.
    04-19-10 09:43 AM
    I just purchased a STORM2 last week and I luv the nudity of my fone--- I can't stand the bulk, but was considering getting the outterbox commuter (still undecided) ...
    04-19-10 11:09 AM
    i like the soft gel cases. it has a lil stick to it so when i put it on the dashboard of my car it doesnt slide off very easily. it does also make it easy to do the occasional battery pull, and makes it real easy to interchange with other colors.
    04-19-10 11:20 AM
    Seidio innocase 2

Love mine!
    04-19-10 04:24 PM
    Sounds like you need to read the first two posts better...they are asking about flip-up cases, not saying the phone is a flip up...

To OP, I used an otterbox commuter for a long while and I had absolutely no complaints...did not have any issues with button pressing (I actually was able to press the side hardware buttons easier with the case). The downside, however, is that if you are a really heavy talker/user and need to switch batteries daily (I only ever had to do once, but some on here keep multiple batteries on them daily) a case might be annoying. Otherwise, great protection and a snug fit without too much bulk.

I just recently decided to go "bare" again, just because I love the way the device looks and feels. I use a modified Curve pouch with magnet when I need a little extra protection, but I mostly keep it bare and handle it carefully.

^perfect, would have said exactly the same thing.
    04-19-10 04:30 PM
    I just picked up the Otter Commuter. Just like Waker states, its a great cover. Very thin and I feel like the phone is safe. I hate screen protectors in general and didn't add the one it came with.

The best part - I got one brand new off Ebay for $21.

04-19-10 07:29 PM
    I have the Epik case and i love it
    04-20-10 04:45 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD