03-01-10 08:50 AM
39 12
tools
    I always buy screen protectors. They're dirt cheap. I don't know why people wouldn't want to. I also have the IS, but I usually keep it on the body and not on the screen. I like to be able to change the screen protectors just in case.
    02-28-10 03:32 AM
    I actually like the feeling of my screen protector... I think I have an InvisiShield, but I'm not 100% on that right now. I like it because it feels softer and more rubbery. It also does not get the nastiness that the non protected screen faces.
    02-28-10 06:38 AM
    after reading and responding to a bunch of threads on this subject in the S2 section lately, i decided to search youtube and found this little gem. granted, the video is of an S1, but there is no way RIM would decrease it's effectiveness on a newer model.
    Original Post ^^ yea, this vid came out shortly after S1 was released.
    And no one noticed that was a Storm 1? Even though the glass is made of the same material. I will be one of those that can vouch that the screen is scratchable.
    Is it just me but didn't that look like a S1 and not the Storm2?
    Of course glass can be scratched, cracked, and broken. Just not under "normal use". Screen protectors are an absolute necessity on some phones that have a hard plastic screen. My old Curve 8330 comes to mind.

Thankfully it is not an issue now. I use Phantom Skinz to protect the battery door and sides, and leave the screen naked

Just my preference.
    02-28-10 11:03 AM
    Original Post ^^ yea, this vid came out shortly after S1 was released.

Of course glass can be scratched, cracked, and broken. Just not under "normal use". Screen protectors are an absolute necessity on some phones that have a hard plastic screen. My old Curve 8330 comes to mind.

Thankfully it is not an issue now. I use Phantom Skinz to protect the battery door and sides, and leave the screen naked

Just my preference.
    THANK YOU!! at least someone here reads the whole post before they criticize the information in it.

and yes, sand MAY scratch your screen, but if you are walking around with sand in your pockets you should really be spending money on laundry detergent instead of screen protectors!
    02-28-10 11:23 AM
    Everyone has minerals in their pockets. I was just saying I doubt want to take the risk especially with such a large screen. It would drive me nuts. If I can protect it with a seven dollar protector, I would.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 11:30 AM
    OP- You obviously need no more proof. But since release day I had an S1 screen protector on my S2 (leaving the bottom button area unprotected). I just took it of, shined up the screen, and you can not tell at all where the screen protector was and wasn't. I did however have scratches on my S1.
    The screen protector gave your S1 a scratch?
    Sorry, I don't understand what you meant? Lol
    02-28-10 11:39 AM
    I would have liked to have seen some sand paper used then I would be convinced.
    02-28-10 01:03 PM
    I would have liked to have seen some sand paper used then I would be convinced.
    Was just about to post that. That video almost had me taking off the screen protector on my Storm2, but I don't want to take chances as I'm sure even the smallest scratch would bother me for the rest of my life. Also I know for a fact that glass isn't "unscratchable".
    02-28-10 01:13 PM
    Was just about to post that. That video almost had me taking off the screen protector on my Storm2, but I don't want to take chances as I'm sure even the smallest scratch would bother me for the rest of my life. Also I know for a fact that glass isn't "unscratchable".
    I AGREE! That's what I've been trying to say lol.
    02-28-10 01:18 PM
    I AGREE! That's what I've been trying to say lol.
    Its like the word water proof and water resistance....

Its just resistant.
    02-28-10 01:22 PM
    I had problems with the screen....and after upgrading to .497 and playing around with the Torx screws....i have decided to remove as only the screen protection of the invisible shield kit......wow......great improvement.
    03-01-10 06:23 AM
    I had problems with the screen....and after upgrading to .497 and playing around with the Torx screws....i have decided to remove as only the screen protection of the invisible shield kit......wow......great improvement.
    I would have to agree. I took both the BSE and the anti-glare screen off for a couple of days and never had the bottom button problems. I put just the anti-glare screen back on and no button problems but the clicking isn't near as crisp as without anything on the screen. I think this is going to come down to a choice of crisp clicking screen with fingerprints, or less crisp clicking and less fingerprints.

I tend to believe the video that the screen will be bullet proof from scratches. I use an Otterbox to protect the rest of the phone.

Mike
    03-01-10 07:44 AM
    2 years without a screen protector on my Storms (1 and 2). Never a scratch. Been through normal and some nasty stuff. They've been to the beach, they've been to the desert. Never a scratch. To each his or her own. Personally, I don't like the feel of a protector any more.
    03-01-10 07:52 AM
    Everyone has minerals in their pockets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Now this is just too funny! LOL!
    03-01-10 08:50 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD