03-01-10 08:50 AM
39 12
tools
    after reading and responding to a bunch of threads on this subject in the S2 section lately, i decided to search youtube and found this little gem. granted, the video is of an S1, but there is no way RIM would decrease it's effectiveness on a newer model.

if you want some protection from smudges or possibly glare, then by all means buy one, but this is pretty much definitive proof that you are not going to scratch your naked S2 screen without some SERIOUS effort! i must say that i am very impressed and can now continue to go protector-less with no reservations.

on a side note, anybody wanna buy an unused Zagg skin??
    02-27-10 04:51 PM
    Just removed my screen protector and it seemed to help with the screen responsiveness.
    02-27-10 05:54 PM
    I am one of those crazy anal people that put a full body ZAGG IS on my S2. Yes, it does help minimize with finger prints & smudges on the front screen and because I want to keep this baby perfecto!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 06:07 PM
    Crazy Video
    02-27-10 06:10 PM
    The biggest thing that I have noticed that scratch phones is the "sand" in their pocket...if there is bits of glass in the sand, it will scratch your phone. Yes, a knife and other steel objects won't scratch the phone...but a little dust can and does. I know a lot of people don't get scratches even after a year or so.

I'm too concerned about scratches because even the smallest scratch on the screen would bother me. I just don't want to take any chances. Thank you invisible shield and Incipio Sycrallic!
    02-27-10 06:25 PM
    This video should be placed at the blog.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 02-27-10 at 06:56 PM.
    02-27-10 06:28 PM
    I knew these phones were tough, but that's ridiculous.

02-27-10 06:36 PM
    OP- You obviously need no more proof. But since release day I had an S1 screen protector on my S2 (leaving the bottom button area unprotected). I just took it of, shined up the screen, and you can not tell at all where the screen protector was and wasn't. I did however have scratches on my S1.
    02-27-10 06:39 PM
    I've seen the video for the 9530 like this. I wouldn't have the cahonies to try it.
    02-27-10 06:40 PM
    I've seen the video for the 9530 like this. I wouldn't have the cahonies to try it.
    That was prob his little brothers phone or something..
    02-27-10 06:43 PM
    That was prob his little brothers phone or something..
    Lol. Yea this was when the Storm 1 was just released tho. I think it was actually one that he had to return through ins. anyway and just gave it a whirl. They are pretty darn tuff tho.
    02-27-10 06:50 PM
    Eh I prefer keeping my ohanton skinz on.. I don't know how I did it, but I Thu j I might have had a piece of sand or a grain of something on my first S2, and when I went to scrub the prints off the screen, I put a scratch right down the middle of my screen. I've had a screen protector since day 1 on my new S2 cos I'm paranoid now lol.

02-27-10 07:06 PM
    The biggest thing that I have noticed that scratch phones is the "sand" in their pocket...if there is bits of glass in the sand, it will scratch your phone. Yes, a knife and other steel objects won't scratch the phone...but a little dust can and does. I know a lot of people don't get scratches even after a year or so.

I'm too concerned about scratches because even the smallest scratch on the screen would bother me. I just don't want to take any chances. Thank you invisible shield and Incipio Sycrallic!
    Isn't glass made from sand? Lol
    Last edited by nemesis91101; 02-27-10 at 10:01 PM.
    02-27-10 09:48 PM
    I actually have a Best Skins Ever screen protector and an anti glare protector on mine. I've been having some problems with the bottom buttons not working well and the screen not clicking sometime. I'm going to take both off tomorrow and see if the problem is still there.

Mike
    02-27-10 10:01 PM
    Isn't glass made from sand? Lol
    Yep but not all sand is made from glass. There are other minerals in sand that can scratch glass. Diamonds are 10 on the hardness scale. Diamonds can scratch other diamonds, that's how they are cut. The hard glass screen of the Storm can be scratched by sand. I would love the guy to put some sand on his screen and rub it in. Hopefully it's his little brother's phone. Ha ha ha.

02-27-10 10:09 PM
    I actually have a Best Skins Ever screen protector and an anti glare protector on mine. I've been having some problems with the bottom buttons not working well and the screen not clicking sometime. I'm going to take both off tomorrow and see if the problem is still there.

Mike
    That is why your screen is not sensative. Take one off. Don't use two screen protectors.

02-27-10 10:10 PM
    That is why your screen is not sensative. Take one off. Don't use two screen protectors.

I just did, I'll let you know if it solved my button problem.

Mike
    02-27-10 10:20 PM
    It could also be OS controlled as the screen is electronic. I had sticky bottom buttons and when I upgraded to .428 and than to .451 the issue has gone away. I have taken off my invisible shield for a few days and the screen is more responsive. But I do likeethe protection more. I can FR with the screen.

02-27-10 10:31 PM
    Well like I said I'm sorry I wasted money on the screen protector seem like a good idea but actually feeling my screen is more fun. Plus that plastic seems to hinder it just a bit so I removed my screen protector. I still have two which I may say for $2 each free shipping lol.
    Since I've removed them it does seem like my screen functions better. Plus they screens have to have some sort of scratch resistance.

02-27-10 10:39 PM
    And no one noticed that was a Storm 1? Even though the glass is made of the same material. I will be one of those that can vouch that the screen is scratchable. It only took on grain of sand too. I will keep my screen protector on and change them about once evey 3-4 months as needed and keep my screen looking good.
    02-27-10 10:41 PM
    I've been debating on getting a screen protector. So I ended up with getting one with a mirror reflection. I like the thickness but hate the glare when watching movies. I removed the screen and am enjoying the phone without one. I've always put on a screen protector for all my phones but for this one I feel fine leaving it the way it is.

02-27-10 10:44 PM
    Watched the video before. I'm just using a screen protector to lessen the fingerprints.
    02-28-10 12:50 AM
    wow.....i have my 9520 warped in the Invisible Shield.....but it seems i will remove the screen protection and leave the rest on .

Thanks
    02-28-10 01:41 AM
    scratched mine good when I forgot and put my keys in the same pocket. I use a protector now
    02-28-10 01:46 AM
    Is it just me but didn't that look like a S1 and not the Storm2?
    02-28-10 01:56 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD