I am on my second Seidio charging cradle/dock. I also have the Innocase II on my 9700. In order for it to charge, I have to lean my phone forward, and when it leans back like it is supposed to, the charge is lost. Since both cradles are doing the same thing, it is obviously a phone problem. I can stuff some folded paper behind the phone to keep it more up right, but that is silly. Any ideas? Also, I have to do the same thing if the case is off.
    08-11-10 07:01 PM
    Do the connections line up when your 9700 is placed in?
    08-11-10 07:03 PM
    Yes, I have metal touching metal.
    08-11-10 07:08 PM
    Very strange. If it charges when it's pushed forward, I would assume it would charge no matter how it was sitting as long as the metal connections were touching.

Do you know anyone else with a 9700 that you could try in it?
    08-11-10 07:18 PM
    Unfortunately no. I am not sure what to do.
    08-11-10 07:49 PM
    I had the same exact problem. I would have to lean it forward or keep adjusting it to make the connection. I assumed it was that the copper prongs on the charger were not touching the phone enough so I tried to bend them a little. What a mistake - snapped one right off! I just use a regular charger now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 10:24 PM
    To me it is a Seidio issue as I have the same problem with or without the case as it comes with the adapter for both case or no case. Frustrating to drop it in and then have to move it back and forth to get a clean connection.
    Defiantly not the quality I am accustomed to from them.
    08-11-10 10:32 PM
    Mine now does the same thing. If I put it in and lean it forward then wiggle it some, it will then usually connect.
    08-13-10 10:57 PM
    Have you tried using a rubber eraser to rub the contacts? It cleans them. Worked for the cordless phone charger I have.

08-13-10 11:48 PM
    Have you tried using a rubber eraser to rub the contacts? It cleans them. Worked for the cordless phone charger I have.

Tried it with no help. I have noticed if I put it in where the right contact hits first, I am more likely to get a connection.
    08-14-10 09:25 AM
    I feel Seidio sells low quality products at very exorbitant prices. My experience with them is poor, I would never recommend Seidio to anybody.
    08-14-10 10:25 AM
    My goal all along was to find a case that would also have a cradle without having to take the case off every night. Seidio was the only option I saw. I really like the Innocase II, but obviously the cradle has a long way to go to get any positive reviews from me.
    08-15-10 02:45 PM
    That is not the issue with a brand new dock. It is not a clean fit at all. I can get it to work but just dropping it in the dock does not work you have to wiggle it until contact is made.
    08-15-10 02:53 PM
    I just received one of these docks for Christmas, opened it Christmas Eve. I was excited, really wanted it to help declutter my desk. Dropped my 9700 with Innocase II, saw the orange light flash and walk away. Didn't discover until we were headed out for Christmas Day with the relatives that my BB was stone cold dead. A little jiggling around and I realized that the connection was lost as soon as I walked away. So I have to drop it in, shake it around, watch for the charging light (actually changed it to the bedside clock to be super sure) and then wait a moment to make sure it doesn't go out. We'll see what it looks like in the morning.

Really annoying, frankly. I wanted drop and go simplicity, not drop, jiggle and pray!
    12-25-10 09:17 PM
    Ok, this is ridiculous. I just received a text message and my BB vibrated to let me know. What else happened? Well, it vibrated just enough to knock it off of the delicate charging balancing act I had it in. Had I not seen that happen I would have woken once again to a dead BB.

I am not impressed. How hard are two simple contacts, for crying out loud?!?!?
    12-25-10 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD