Am I the only one having this problem or is this something known to be an issue? My charger only fits half way in, the acrylic part of the case is in the way. The charger falls out all the time.
    05-02-09 08:19 PM
    Looks like you're going to have to take it out of the case to charge it. Either that or carefully modify the case.

Chris
    05-02-09 11:00 PM
    I was about to post about the very same thing. The d... hole for the charging port is not wide enough for most mini usb plugs. I have to charge my bold three times a day. The case would not last the week. I had one for my iphone 3G. I loved the feel but the rubber started to split on the corners from removing/installing hard shell when charging. I went out in the garage tonight and used my grinder to slim down a few of my charging cords (ac, dc and synch). Works like a charm now. But you should not have to modify your equipment for a case that was made for the phone. I can't believe that they did not test on a few cords before putting this case into production. I went down to best buy today and could not find one cord to work correctly without modification. Nuts!
    I just received my case today and I really like the look and feel minus that one flaw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 11:13 PM
    I was about to post about the very same thing. The d... hole for the charging port is not wide enough for most mini usb plugs. I have to charge my bold three times a day. The case would not last the week. I had one for my iphone 3G. I loved the feel but the rubber started to split on the corners from removing/installing hard shell when charging. I went out in the garage tonight and used my grinder to slim down a few of my charging cords (ac, dc and synch). Works like a charm now. But you should not have to modify your equipment for a case that was made for the phone. I can't believe that they did not test on a few cords before putting this case into production. I went down to best buy today and could not find one cord to work correctly without modification. Nuts!
    I just received my case today and I really like the look and feel minus that one flaw.

Im returning it, concept is great but if something a simple as this is not thought of then nevermind.
    05-03-09 12:37 PM
    How can they miss this one?
    05-03-09 02:41 PM
    How can they miss this one?
    I don't know, I tried repositioning the case, put it on like 10 times and still the same problem.

05-03-09 03:22 PM
    This problem has been acknowledged by Incipio and have put me on a list to receive the revised product in two weeks. Just FYI for anyone who has this problem.
    05-04-09 07:09 PM
    Sent mine back today.

05-04-09 07:37 PM
    Sent mine back today.

They told me to keep mine and they would send me the revised version for free.
    05-04-09 08:40 PM
    They told me to keep mine and they would send me the revised version for free.
    That's good to hear. I went ahead and ordered a leather case-mate case and holster. I had a case for my iphone and really liked it. It withstood a 15 ft drop by my 7 year old onto concrete. Phone came out without a scratch. Did they give you a time frame on new updated case?

05-04-09 10:48 PM
    That's good to hear. I went ahead and ordered a leather case-mate case and holster. I had a case for my iphone and really liked it. It withstood a 15 ft drop by my 7 year old onto concrete. Phone came out without a scratch. Did they give you a time frame on new updated case?

Told me max of 2 weeks.
    05-05-09 10:08 AM
    On behalf of Incipio, we are very sorry to hear you have experienced problems with your SILICRYLIC for the Bold. We are happy to say that we are fixing the problem and should be receiving a shipment of new, improved SILICRYLIC's within the next few weeks.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact our customer support team!
    05-05-09 11:02 AM
    On behalf of Incipio, we are very sorry to hear you have experienced problems with your SILICRYLIC for the Bold. We are happy to say that we are fixing the problem and should be receiving a shipment of new, improved SILICRYLIC's within the next few weeks.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact our customer support team!
    Redesigned case is still no good, OEM charger still does not fit through the whole. I contacted customer service for a prepaid return. I don't think I should have to pay to return a design flawed or manufacturing defect item. I am going to end up damaging my usb port on my phone trying to charge it with this case on due to the fact that it has to be jammed in there and still does not go in all the way, also the amount of pressure being put against it by the acrylic frame of this case is clearly no meant to be.
    Last edited by azboricua; 05-13-09 at 11:24 AM.
    05-13-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD