I just installed my fresh out of the box Pro-Clip and it is the best mount I've seen.....It was a little pricey but it rotates 360 degrees......it tilts 15 degrees both left to right and up and down.....very low profile....and the one I got has a built in charger.....they are car specific and have one for just about any car or truck.....I have an 09 Ford Edge and it sits just above the stereo so I don't have to worry about anything plastered to the windshield. A definite must
    03-26-09 04:58 PM
    Link? Pics?
    03-26-09 04:59 PM
    I believe the OP is talking about this site w w w proclipusa.com
    03-26-09 05:04 PM
    that thing does look pretty solid. but the cheapest one is like 60 bones. thats a little more then anyone should pay for a car mount
    03-26-09 05:13 PM
    I just installed my fresh out of the box Pro-Clip and it is the best mount I've seen.....It was a little pricey but it rotates 360 degrees......it tilts 15 degrees both left to right and up and down.....very low profile....and the one I got has a built in charger.....they are car specific and have one for just about any car or truck.....I have an 09 Ford Edge and it sits just above the stereo so I don't have to worry about anything plastered to the windshield. A definite must
    I had a Bracketron before. I have to agree, I like the ProClip a lot. Have had the one for my Avalanche since ProClip introduced it and it is worth the money IMO. I got the one just like yours. Yes, they are pricey, but worth it if you use the vehicle a lot. Works nice to turn in landscape for GPS, tilting for any glare and it definitely holds the Storm very comfortable without fear of it coming out at all.
    03-26-09 05:25 PM
    I bought one a few months ago when I had my Storm and when I switched the Curve fits right in there. It's a little loose but I wont have to buy a new one. Pro-Clip is the best...IMO.
    03-26-09 05:47 PM
    Pro-clips are very nice.

Unfortunately their options for my new car stink.

So I have built a franken-bracketron mount that works pretty well (LOL).
    03-26-09 05:57 PM
    Too bad the only ProClip mount for my 2003 Xterra is a vent one.

I ended up getting a UtiliV2 universal mount from Pro-Fit and a Storm holder from ProClips. They are supposed to be compatible, so hopefully they are. I'll post pics once I get them.

UtiliV2 Universal Mount from Pro-Fit

Storm tilt holder from Pro-Fit
    Back part of Storm holder - looks like it will mount to the mount's plate...at least I hope so
    03-27-09 10:17 AM
    Looks like it should
    03-27-09 08:20 PM
    I was seriously thinking about picking one up, but I have an Innocase that I definitely don't want to have to take off. There's not enough room in the Storm holder to accommodate a case is there? I'm still thinking about getting one of the adjustable, but I'm wondering how secure it would stay in landscape mode...
    03-27-09 09:33 PM
    that look sweet.
    03-27-09 09:41 PM
    I have the Proclip in my Accord and ended up getting the one that mounts down on the console. I have the 10" goose-neck and an angle bracket on that. It looks kind of kludgy but I can move it around and put it exactly where I want it and it ends up sitting just off the right side of the steering wheel and makes it very easy to see and get to. It is very solid and extremely stable. I really love it.
    03-27-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD