I just received this privacy screen protector:

Privacy Screen Protector for BlackBerry Torch 9800 - eBay (item 400151256133 end time Sep-08-10 02:09:06 PDT)

After installation the touch screen doesn't work
    If I remove the shield it works fine
    Any suggestions ?
    09-07-10 06:23 PM
    Yep, don't use it. They are too thick, even the AT&T one made for the Torch severely impacts touch sensitivity. I had one on for a week, that's all I could stand.
    09-07-10 06:24 PM
    Yep, don't use it. They are too thick, even the AT&T one made for the Torch severely impacts touch sensitivity. I had one on for a week, that's all I could stand.

I have the one from CM and the only thing it really effects is the Proximity Sensor there is a post somewhere around here where we were discussing it. I really need to go buy a different one since I am tired of hitting buttons or putting people on hold while talking to them, lol!
    09-07-10 06:37 PM
    I agree. I have one from handhelditems.com, and they are just too thick.
    09-07-10 08:11 PM
    I think they degrade the clarity of the screen as well. I did order a Crystal Clear screen protector from Box Wave. We'll see how that is.
    09-07-10 08:38 PM
    I think they degrade the clarity of the screen as well. I did order a Crystal Clear screen protector from Box Wave. We'll see how that is.

I agree, they make the screen look horrible. Mine was on for less than 5 minutes before it hit the trash can.
    09-07-10 08:51 PM
    I'm waiting on my invisible shield to come. Hopefully it won't be
    To thickm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 08:54 PM
    Please post what you all think of the other screen protectors so when I go out and buy another one I will have a better chance of getting a good one
    09-07-10 10:08 PM
    I have the at&t case-mate one, and It's not perfect. Definitely not the prettiest looking with the edges not sticking well.

BUT, it works. I'll keep it until something better comes along. I'd rather have few bubbles around the edges of the film, than a scratched screen.
    09-07-10 10:13 PM
    i have the case mate from AT&T.. paid $20.00 for it..
    i know i know it's a rip off.. but it works except the proximity sensor..
    so everytime i receive a call i lock my screen
    09-07-10 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD