has anyone heard of a back door for the 9700 for the powermat??> and is it strong enough to charge through a otterbox defender case???
    02-03-10 05:39 PM
    hmmm no... the system that they have right now requires the contacts on the battery door to make physical contact with the mat

the new system they are making and should be here in march/june timeline, is a new battery with the OEM battery door and wirelessly charges the device, but still has to be on the mat.. now if this will work with a case like the otterbox or seidio innocase, i dont know... i have send them sooo many emails asking this question and they have yet to answer me... bad customer service in my opinion... but i hope they answer me soon
    02-03-10 08:05 PM
    sweet ill get on them too i guess its only a matter of time before someone thinks of the soloution!!!! thanks
    02-05-10 10:06 AM
    Here is the video of the new solution they are releasing soon... again would be nice to know if i can do this with a innocase or otterbox on... http://crackberry.com/ces-2010-power...freakn-awesome
    02-05-10 04:20 PM
    well technically speaking, there are no contacts on the battery door because it charges via induction. but yes, their current setup requires the phone itself to physically touch the mat, and because of their setup, you probably can't put a case on the phone anyway. actually, i don't think they even have one for the 9700 yet.
    02-06-10 04:48 AM
    well technically speaking, there are no contacts on the battery door because it charges via induction. but yes, their current setup requires the phone itself to physically touch the mat, and because of their setup, you probably can't put a case on the phone anyway. actually, i don't think they even have one for the 9700 yet.
    with there current set up, of course not you cannot have a case on as you need the contacts on the battery door to charger... the new system will not require this and therefore you use the OEM battery door that came with the phone...

what i want to know is if i can have my innocase case on the device just place it on the mat (new system) and will it still charge? know what i'm saying?
    02-06-10 05:48 AM
    I'm with ya. I would be in all the way if it would work with my defender on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 06:09 AM
    Charging the battery wirelessly with a case still on the phone would be the nuts, Blackberry nuts dream set up. I'm hoping that it will worki thru the case. removing the case everyday to charge would defeat the purpose, I think. I use the case mate signature series with the holster. he phone feels so good in the hand with the caqqse on and not to mention the protection it gives. Let's hope.

02-06-10 06:20 AM
    Ya well like I said, if powermat would answer my emails I would love to let you guys know... That essentially is what is swaying me away from it right now (even tho it hasn't been released yet). That's one thing that will determine if I buy or not...

All I want is for powermat to answer me emails... I don't care if they know or not... If they don't know, all they have to say is "we don't know but we'll find out!"... Anyways

02-06-10 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD